Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 19, 2014
This is the 4th one of these I have gotten for my dogs over the years. My dogs are 45lb and 65lb and destructive with their toys.

I am first going to address some negative reviews I have read:
1) "Not for heavy chewers" Okay, my dogs only goal in life is to destroy her toys.I do not believe anyones dog destroyed this toy in a day.
2) "Flimsy and cheaply constructed" - No, this is actually one of the better made toys I have found, I love Kyjen and for a fabric toy it's the best.
3) "lasted 5 minutes!!! DONT WASTE MONEY!!!" No, again, this toy could not be destroyed in 5 minutes.

I think there is a fine line here on destroyed vs played with.

If you are looking for a pretty toy that will look exactly the same after your dog plays with it, go with a kong. With that being said, this toy has stuffed head, and the legs, my dog got into those right away, first 10 minutes or so. So she is left with a mat with squeakers, I am guessing some people consider this "destroyed" and throw it away. My dog doesn't care if her toy looks like a hedgehog or a pile of crap, so if it's still useable to her, I don't care either.

"You purchased this item on October 8, 2014. " that was my most recent purchase, and today is 12/19/2014, her mat has 6 of 12 squeakers left, it's like half of the original mat, and yes the rest is torn off, it' s sort of triangular. She likes it, she still plays with it every day, so it's still a toy for her.Her toy box is full of half toys and limbs, and while it does look like a serial killers trophy stash, she doesn't care. Having a toy look like something is not for dogs, it's for humans, your dog doesn't care what the toy looks like.

With that being said, if you have a dog that is going to chew and eat squeakers, then yes, a mat with 12 squeakers is not the right choice for you.
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2012
This pig squeaker toy is great. We have had it for about a month now and it has survived. My dogs believe that the purpose of a squeak toy is to remove and destroy the squeaker. They have attacked this toy with a vengenge and it is still holding up. I've also noticed that they carry this particular toy with they from room to room. It is used as a pillow and a tug toy. The stitching on it doesn't appear to be anything special but it is really holding up to the torture test. I will be buying more of this type of toy, it is well worth the money and I don't miss picking up toy stuffing everyday.

Edit: 12/24/2012 The pig is still hanging in there. I can't believe it. We have never had any toy last this long without the squeaker being removed or collapsed. Happy Shopping and Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: 07/27/2013 I just had to tell everyone that this is the FIRST and only toy of this type to make it over a year. The head is gone, the feet and slowly being tugged off, I have washed it several times and now it also goes outside with the dogs. FYI If you have watched Marley and Me, I own a Marley..and he loves his Piggy. I wish every toy I bought held up this well. Happy Shopping.
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2013
Indy is a lovable pit mix and can be highly destructive with toys. Indy loves squeakers. Indy loves plush toys. Naturally, this toy was a hit! She loved to toss it up and catch it and run around with it. Within 3 minutes, she took the head off. Within 10 minutes, she got a squeaker out. Within a day... I had shredded squirrel and plastic chewed bits all over. Seriously, this thing makes a MESS. This material makes lots of little bits and pieces when it is destroyed. Threads and fur were everywhere and Indy was very pleased with herself. She chewed on the squeakers til they died and thankfully she doesn't swallow these things. If you have a dog that would swallow squeakers... well this thing is easy to rip up so it could pose as a danger to them.
review image
on November 27, 2017
This is great if you have a dog that likes squeaky toys. There are 16 squeaky parts in total so when one is chewed to pieces there are plenty left for them to destroy. A big plus is there is no filling so when your pup inevitably tears this, you won't end up with fluff everywhere.

The only reason this isn't getting 5 stars is because it's pretty thin. If your dog is bigger this blanket will be easy for them to rip. And if your dog loves playing tug-of-war like mine does, it will be torn even quicker. But it's hard to find squeaky toys that will last with my chewer, so this at least should give him some nice squeaking time until it's completely destroyed.
on February 16, 2018
This is the most amazing pink pig toy ever. My German Shepherd is almost 9 years old and 100 lbs big! He loves his piggy! He has enjoyed MANY of this exact pink pig. (He will settle for no substitute.) He found his first one as a puppy in a pet store. He went nuts when he saw it and heard it squeak. I have never seen a dog feel so strongly about a toy. He flat out refused to leave without it. So I bought it. And I have been buying them ever since. He goes through about 2 a year. Yes! He chews it up. First the the ears, then the tail, then the feet, one by one, and removes the stuffing from the head. Then he works on the squeakers after that. He carries it everywhere. I wash it every now and then to clean it up before we give up and get a new out. He doesn't care that is becomes flat and face-less. He adores his piggy!!!
on December 16, 2015
Ok, I have to be honest I bought this toy not expecting it to last. See, we have a very small house, squeaking toys are not a good thing in a small house, so our poor 8 month old pit puppy had never had a squeaking toy. I figured, why not--if it's really annoying I can put it up. It was and it's been put up many times--but IT LIVES (sort of)!

At the same time I purchased this toy I also purchased a Kong Snugga Wubba the Wubba is gone and was gone after about 2 weeks. That is not to say that this toy has survived completely in tact--far from it. She's methodically 'killed' each squeaker (which really took longer than I thought it would), then chews and works on the square until she can get the plastic squeaker out to chew on (we don't allow her to have this toy if we are not right there with her because of this) which we immediately take from her (or if we're lucky, we see she's working on one and can get it out before she does). The lack of stuffing is also a big plus!

8 weeks later, there are about 6 squeakers left inside the toy, one of which still works somehow. The tail is gone and a foot is missing, but she loves this toy. She throws it and catches it and chews on it and licks it, she even sleeps with it. It looks like H.E. double hockey sticks, but I have not been more impressed with a plush toy.

I will definitely be buying more of these!
on May 26, 2017
I bought this for the dogs for Xmas. It still has two squeakers left in it. Today is May 26th. One dog is a big Lab, then a young male Pug and a Brussels Griffon all playing with it. I buy these fabric toys all the time and they are shredded in a day or two. This isn't super heavy duty by looking at it and I don't know why it hasn't been destroyed. All that seems to happen to it is seams start to open and a squeaker will fall out. Very good buy.
Updated 7-14
Purchased the pig since this Squirrel lasted so long. They destroyed the pig in less than a week. All I can figure is the two were manufactured in different places or with different materials.
on October 24, 2015
This is on the top 10 list of indestructible toys. None are actually indestructible but I was hoping this would last longer. It was done in 15 minutes over 2 days (timed it). It's cute and soft but dogs don't care about that. Instead of buying this, cut a slit in a tennis ball. It's cheaper and my dog loves to chew it because it makes some kind of noise. I'm going to try to preserve this toy by putting some loud paper to stuff into it or something. Suggestions would be appreciated. Here's the story if you're interested...

I received this yesterday 10/23/15. I have a 9 month old female Pit Bull about 55lbs. She is destructive with her toys but I don't think as much as some other dogs that I've read in the reviews but I've never had a Pit before or a dog for that matter. All of this destroying toys in 20 minute is new to me. I might as well give her a 10 or 20 dollar bill and watch her tear that apart every couple weeks since that's what I feel is happening here. She does love paper!

Anyways, within 5 minutes she killed half the squeakers with one bite. Her teeth are sharp and they puncture the squeaker and they can't take it. We took the toy away to preserve it for another day.

I gave it to her the next morning, 10/24/15, and noticed she had a goal--DESTROY THE SQUEAKERS! Less than 10 minutes the head was gone and ALL the squeakers are broken and a few she has managed to get out and chew those to death. Success!

She is now bored with it and has moved on to her other non squeaking toys and can't find anything she likes besides her tennis ball but that only entertains for another 5 minutes. She does love bully sticks also but those are too much $$ for an everyday thing and she finishes those, even the long ones in 10 minutes or less.

I'm going to try the empty water bottle in a sock and see what happens....
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 26, 2015
First let me start by saying that it is important to set rational expectations with dog toys. If it is a plush toy and you have a large dog that likes to chew and destroy things, it is my opinion that it is unrealistic that it will not be destroyed over time. With this in mind, I tend to rate toys not on whether they are "indestructible," but rather on how long they hold up.

With that being said, I have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks (75-85 lbs) that don't just like playing with their toys, they like to destroy them and as quickly as possible like it is some type of game or contest. The first time I bought this squirrel for my dog for Christmas, it lasted almost an entire month, which at that time was nothing short of amazing as most plush toys, especially those with squeakers, made it 2-4 days tops. Because each squeaker is sewn into its own section it made my dogs destroy each one square at a time as they were focused on removing each squeaker separately.

This is still one of my absolute favorite toys for my dogs and I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to buy a plush squeaky toy for a destructive dog.
on March 14, 2016
My English Bulldog is a VERY aggressive chewer. I feel so bad because he loves plush toys, but they last about 5 minutes, if I'm lucky, so I stopped buying them. He does enjoy his Benebones and Nylabones, but he LOVES plush. I decided to give this a try. Well, I must say, it's a WINNER!! He chewed the nose off in about 2 minutes, then the ears. lol But the rest of it..after I sewed up the holes and reinforced some areas..has been great. I DO NOT let him sit and GNAW on it like he'd love to do or it would be destroyed in half an hour, no doubt. I play tug-o-war and fetch with him and let him chew on it a bit in-between. I don't think a plush toy has been invented that can withstand being CHEWED on by a truly aggressive chewer, but this one is fun for him to play with until they DO.