Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 9, 2011
 Rufus, our 2yr old Boxer absolutely loves this toy. If Rufus doesn't have an outlet for his endless energy, he can be pretty crazy in the house. Give him 10mins with this toy, and he's a perfect little knocked out docile angel.

Yes-this is essentially a gigantic cat toy, but it's perfectly designed for doggies. They can chase it around in endless circles, or you can use it to get them to leap and jump (see the video of Rufus) till they've used up all of their energy.

Best money I've spent on a dog toy in a long time.
212 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on October 17, 2016
I am blown away by how much my dogs love this toy. I have two boxers that are very high energy so I was looking for something that could wear them out quickly on days I don't necessarily have a lot of time to devote to playing with them out in the yard. This definitely does the trick. I'll play with them for 10 minutes and by the time we come back inside they're both laying on top of the air vents with their tongues hanging out the side of their mouths. They would literally play until they passed out if I'd let them. It is probably the only toy I've ever had for them where I am able to play with both of them at the same time instead of having to alternate which one I play with. The little animal at the end of the rope is torn up, smelly, and so covered in slobber that it is now permanently crunchy feeling, but they still love it. We have to keep it up on a shelf in the laundry room when I'm not outside playing with them with it. So now the moment I get home from work they run to the laundry room door and start scratching at it, running in circles, and barking because they know it is time to play with their favorite toy. The only cons I can come up with are that once the dogs DO catch it, it can be a little difficult to get back, we clearly need to work on our "drop it" training. Also, the handle is getting a little loose, but when you've got a 65 lb. boxer that is all muscle pulling at the other end, it's no surprise that the handle would get a little loose considering we play with it daily. This toy is AMAZING and I will be ordering spare toys for the end soon and will definitely reorder another tail teaser if this one every breaks. I absolutely recommend this for anyone with a high energy dog that needs a quick way to burn some energy.
9 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2013
We recently adopted a high energy mixed breed working dog (border collie/aussie etc.) and have been struggling to give him enough exercise each day. I looked at this toy for about six weeks before ordering it because our little darling is a determined power chewer and can destroy "indestructible" toys in nothing flat. I'm SO glad I finally ordered it! Thanks to the Amazon community who -- once again -- helped me find a great product. We've been using this toy now for about a month and it's still in great shape -- aside from being regularly soaked in saliva! Our dog really, really, really loves this toy. My husband gave it a funny name and plays with it using a funny voice, and as soon as our dog hears the toy name or special voice, he just goes crazy with excitement! It's incredibly fun. NOTE: If you have a young energetic dog like we do, work him up gradually and be alert to safety. We recommend starting on grass or a soft carpet -- something a bit padded and with good traction. We made the mistake of playing a few times on a hard wood floor and our hyper excited young little dog landed once or twice on his back. After that he was afraid of the toy for a few days. We started again gently keeping the toy trajectory low to the ground and playing only on grass and carpet. We were also careful to avoid motions that would lead him to twist too much in the air before landing. After a few days he was back to happy hyper excitement and leaping high in the air again like a crazy little daredevil. After a month he is so skilled and coordinated that we don't worry about bad landings anymore. His eye-object-mouth coordination has improved, he is better at catching (and releasing!) frizbees and balls, and we can see him paying attention to how he lands. It has made a real difference in his coordination and balance. It's a great toy for little dog athletes-- as good a discovery as the wonderful Chuck-it Glowball. I can't say enough good things about it. And tough? No problems at all so far -- it's still in great shape. My husband has taken to using the replacement teaser toy by hand as a quick fun break indoors when he is at his computer and out dog is with him. One other tip: try using an old coat and gloves the first couple weeks if you play outside. Our dog got so excited he got a little careless with his teeth when were were taking it away from him, and he also wanted to bounce off of us at first as he lept up and down. Wonderful, wonderful toy to exhaust and entertain your dog while entertaining but not exhausting yourself!
51 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 10, 2014
It's a teaser with a long cord, specially for small breeds, that's good becuase they run a lot.
I have an hiper dog... of those who cannot sleep at night... in 30 or 40 min of this, she's perfectly fine for sleeping.

Good points:
AMAZING idea, is really great to see something like this, it's simple but works and it does it greatly. The tail is cute, the replacement is insanely appreciated (because I live in another country and would hate wainting for 2 weeks for replacement). Funny characters full of fur, the squeaker is resistant and sounds loud enough, not too much just... perfectly.
The shaft is well done and love it!!!

Bad points:
It's constuction for the cord is poor, REALLY poor. It's a plastic cord which can easily be broken by any dog. I own a maltese who started broken it in just 1 or 2 mins by bitting it (yes, she ignored the tail a little). Would be great if Kyjen were back to using the cloth cord which was, probably, more resistant. You can find descriptive photos of this problem since I posted some.

For solving the problem of the cord, you can wrap it with a cloth cord... otherwise the original plastic cord would not last at all.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
47 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
The pole is tough and durable, but the bait might as well be made of paper. I have 2 dogs who are all under 23lbs, and the 18lb dog loves playing with this. It's his favorite toy and he plays every morning and night, but the baits don't last for more than a week or two before they're completely shredded. The rattle goes after the first rip, then eventually the squeaker. We continue to play until only a tiny cloth is left of the original bait, and then I have to switch out a new one.

In addition, they don't sell replacement bait. You have to buy the entire thing, pole and all, just to get bait. My dogs love this, but I wish they were a little bit tougher.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I ordered this 3 days ago and received it yesterday. I bought this for my 13lb, 3-year old energizer bunny dog. He loves squeaky toys and has tons of energy that is hard to burn off when it gets hot outside. This thing is awesome! I had to let him play with the little rat thing for a few minutes first because he was scared of the rod and rope part. Once he got attached to the squeaky toy, he decided it was okay to chase it on a stick. So basically you may need to introduce it to your dog before you go all out with it. Another thing - be careful when you are trying to reel your pup in - if he or she lets go, the rod will fling back and smack anything in its path. Make sure it's not your face or anything else that is breakable. I did let him play with it without immediate supervision for a few minutes, which means the squeaker died an early death, but he still loves chasing it and there is a back up squeaker rat if he gets tired of the quiet lure. All in all, I am very glad I bought this. The rod part is sturdy and the squeaker toy is small enough for littler dogs. If your dog is addicted to anything that squeaks and has energy to burn, this is a great, cheap way to keep him entertained inside and outside of the house. 2 thumbs up from me and 5 stars from my pup.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on December 5, 2017
My dog absolutely loves this toy. It has held up with my girl pulling with all her 60 lbs. It's quickly become her favorite and mine too. 15 minutes of running around and she's exhausted. The toy part jingles and squeaks, and the pole is sufficiently long to be able to have her run at about 5 feet from you. I never have to worry about her snapping my fingers again!
Update 12/9: it's still incredible and holding up. Even after playing with a 115 lb german shepherd pulling on the end. However, the toy end got dirty and in order to clean it I had to remove it. That is exceedingly difficult. Trying to slip the tiny loop over the whole of the toy is a slow task. Changing the toy out for the replacement will be difficult. Other than that still a great toy. So much so I bought 2 more for my friends who have dogs. Perfect Christmas gift!
|0Comment|Report abuse
My pup (6mo old very high energy) and I love this toy!! It drives her nuts!! I cannot stop laughing as I swing this toy for her; I guess I look like a weird person in the neighborhood... lol It wears her out a lot, after 5-10mins with this toy we now can have a nice walk afterwards (she's tired enough so not jumping around too much.) I cannot comment on the durability as I've just started to use it, but hope it lasts long enough. My dog already bit the code and the squeaky toy several times (she caught it in the air...!!), so I appreciate the replaceable toy part came together :)

update after a week of use:
The toy is still in a good shape, but my pup started not to run as much as she did for the first couple of times. She got smarter and sit next to me and stare at the squeaker part. Now I have to move the squeaker really good to grab her attention as if I was fishing!! lol But she still loves this toy and acts like she's chasing a small animal for real. (When she stares at it, she looks like she thinks it's real.) It's also a good toy to practice "Drop It" coz it's really hard for her to let it go once she catches it.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2017
this is my 2nd rod. 1 st one still alive, but adjusted with a ball bait.
my German shepherds go crazy about it, worse than cats, really. ll jump high in the air and chase it on the ground, - depends how i swing it. very very durable toy.
of course, the toys get chewed up in 3-4 days, but there is always a little durafoam ball that can be substitution. also, my 1 st rod had to be fixed- the pull so hard that the stick got pulled out of the handle, so i had to glue it back. but it is nothing to compare to the power of 86, 98 and 50 pounds dogs, pulling. i was afraid the stick can snap, but no, - staying strong and solid. love it. absolutely!

we are on the 3rd 'rod' and can not be happier!!!! i figured out if to play every day 2-3 little sessions and considering that your dog knows OUT command, it will last good 3-5 months, only problem the attachment wear outs, as i said in my original comment. the amount of joy and work out this toy gives to my GS is tremendous. i actually consider buy 2-3 to keep for future. very very very good toy.
on December 31, 2015
This is my first teaser pole, and after a couple months of use, I am more than satisfied. This is my dog's favorite toy!
Some bullet points regarding likes/dislikes:
- I like it a bit more than fetch because (1) I won't lose it, and (2) I think it is really stimulating because it adds an element of unpredictability to the play.
- It is pretty sturdy - My dog weighs about 25 lbs, but it does not tear when she tugs and pulls, and I've noticed that it withstands the tugging when other, much larger/stronger dogs come to play. I will admit that I was pretty dubious at first, but after a couple months of use, I now think that people who have had trouble with it breaking just don't know how to play with it correctly. You aren't supposed to play tug of war with it, and if it were heavier, it could be difficult to move it quickly enough to be stimulating for the dog.
- An interesting pro that I did not expect is that this toy has been a great tool in reinforcing the "drop" command.
- I was a little disappointed when the squeaker broke so quickly, but the squeaker is really not the appeal of this toy, and my dog enjoys it as much without it. In fact, if I buy another bait, I probably will look for something without a squeaker so that it doesn't fill up with water when I wash it.
- I appreciated that it came with two baits because I can switch them out for cleaning. I have used them in the washing machine, a couple of times each so far, and they have held up well.
- One thing I didn't like about the baits is that they pick up dirt really easily, and if I leave one alone with my dog, she likes to tear out the fur on the baits. I don't think it is so bad that it arises to a choking hazard, but I just don't let my dog play with the baits outside of using it in the flirt-pole context. Fortunately, I can wash the baits with my laundry.
- During the first few uses, if I switched direction suddenly over my dog, she would try to do a back-flip and land pretty hard on her back. I thought I would need to get better at avoiding that kind of maneuver, but after landing on her back two or three times, she trained herself not to chase it that way, and now she never lands on her back even when I do that maneuver on purpose.

I've recommended teaser poles to friends and family members with dogs.