- Weight: 1 pounds
Kyocera Echo Dual Display 1GHz Used Android Smartphone Sprint
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
The Kyocera Echo is an Android smartphone sporting a unique design of two large displays that may be used independently or together as one large display. This device also enables the user to use two Android apps at the same time, one on each screen, or browse two web pages as the same time. The Echo features a 1 GHz processor, a 5-megapixel camera with HD video recording, Adobe Flash, WiFi, 3G data, and microSD slot for additional storage. Use this Android smartphone to access thousands of apps, games, movies, books, and music on Google's Play Store.
Introducing the Kyocera Echo from Sprint, the nation's first dual-touchscreen smartphone. Use each screen independently, or bring them together in one big 4.7-inch display. It’s powered by Android, so more than 150,000 apps are just a download away. A full HTML web browser with Flash 10.1 is optimized for dual screens. You'll enjoy fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed, dependable EV-DO network, and you'll be able to access optional Sprint services such as Telenav GPS Navigator, Sprint TV and Movies (for video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound), Sprint Music Plus, and more via the Sprint Zone. And the 1GHz Snapdragon processor makes multitasking even faster.
Powered by Android 2.2, the Kyocera Echo is the nation's first dual-touchscreen smartphone. View larger
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder (with HD 720p video capture), Wireless b and g Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to corporate and personal e-mail, and more.
Use each screen independently, or bring them together in one big 4.7" display. View larger
Dual Touchscreens with 4-in-1 Versatility
Two high-resolution 3.5" WVGA displays connected by a revolutionary pivot hinge that allows operation independently or together as a single large 4.7" display. And with apps specifically optimized for the Echo's dual screens, you can do two things at once: Email, Contacts, Messaging, Browser, Phone, Photo Gallery, and VueQue (a specially-designed YouTube app).
- Single-Screen Mode gives you a fully functional single-display experience, with all the functionality you expect of a single-display touchscreen Android smartphone.
- Simul-Task Mode lets you choose 2 of the Echo's 7 core apps and run one on each display simultaneously. In this mode, you can operate two applications at the same time, one on each screen. There are seven core applications that are Simul-Task capable: Phone, Contacts, Email, Messaging, Browser, Gallery and VueQue, which is a special Kyocera application for viewing YouTube videos.
- Optimized Mode works with optimized apps to let the dual displays complement each other, such as having email on one screen and a full virtual keypad on the other.
- Tablet Mode, the dual displays act as a single oversized (4.7", 800 x 960 pixels) display ideal for multimedia such as movies and games.
Use Optimized Mode to let the dual displays complement each other, such as email with a full virtual keyboard. View larger
Fold and use as a single-display touchscreen
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market
- Apps customized for Echo dual screen and larger real estate give optimum viewing quality
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube , and syncing with Google Calendar
- Access to Google Goggles to search with pictures instead of words. It works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels
- Easily view Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files on the go to maximize your productivity
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- 4.3-inch capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash
- Capture HD-quality video (720p)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (8 GB card included)
- Media Player with a 3.5mm stereo headset jack, so you can play video and music files you've downloaded
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo!
- Instant messaging via popular services including Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger
- Full HTML Web browser with Flash 10.1 support that's optimized for dual screens
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Kyocera Echo from Sprint weighs 6.8 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.2 x 0.7 inches. It comes with a standard capacity, 1370 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on Sprint's 3G 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.What's in the Box
Kyocera Echo handset, 2 rechargeable batteries, portable charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual.
Also Available for this Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
The dual screens are obviously the main "gimmick" of the phone. The "tablet mode" (with both screens in use), provides a neat look when browsing through phone menu's, games, and "simultasking" mode. The latter is a nifty feature that lets you do two separate applications- one in each screen, at the same time. This is handy if you are having a text conversation and also want to navigate the web simultaneously to check for movies times, phone numbers and anything else that may arise. The screens themselves are responsive as well as nice and bright.
The phone comes with Android 2.2 (Froyo), which is relatively quick when coupled with the 1 GHz processor (However, in tablet mode the phone can feel occasionally sluggish). The phone has almost no added Sprint software (yay!).
The phone itself is attractive in my opinion. The sleek black goes well with the silver accents at the top and bottom and combine for a unique style. I found that flipping the screens around is quite enjoyable. The hardware feels sturdy and the hinge, the part that seems to take the brunt of the force when transforming the phone, is metal and feels fairly strong.
Probably my favorite feature of the phone. You can set the phone up to look almost like a very small laptop with your keyboard at the bottom in full landscape with the top screen acting as your monitor to view your typing. I would imagine many heavy-texters would find this phone enjoyable for this feature alone. The phone also includes Swype which is useful when you writing or texting in the single screen mode.Read more ›
Isn't that bad, like with any smartphone, you play with it, the battery drops quickly. I've also had an EVO to play with and to me the battery drops about the same speed as the Echo. The exception would be if on the Echo you are watching video in the dual screen setup and the battery will drop faster, but that is only natural given the real estate you are using on those screens compared with the EVO (4.7 to 4.3).
Unlike what most people seem to say in reviews I've seen online, I still tend to use the phone in dual screen mode unless I'm purposely trying to converse battery life.
Sure it would be a big deal to people in markets with 4G, but living in a rural area I seriously doubt the no 4G will be an issue for me for a couple of years at least. Though it sucks to pay Sprint $10 a month for a service I can't get, that would be true even if I had a phone with 4G.
Plus, no doubt 4G could be on this phone, but it would push the battery drain a little higher. Maybe next version of the phone.
Coming from a HTC Hero it is really nice and responsive, so I'm pretty happy with the speed. Dual screen finger scrolling can be a little strange as the phone can't track across the gap between the screens. Can stutter a little at times, but it pretty well matches up with my experience with the EVO.
It's a thick phone, no doubt about that, but personally I like the size. I've found the EVO to feel kinda weird talking on it, almost too wide and thin.Read more ›
I like the solid build of the Kyocera. The hinge is well designed and after a few weeks of use, there is no noticeable flimsiness. I expect that to last.
The most exciting part is the dual screen. I hate on screen keyboards. But in dual screen, I get a lot more real estate for the keyboard and the content. I do plan on getting a Bluetooth keyboard, but not because of anything lacking in the phone.
Vue Cue is a great application for viewing Youtube videos. I use it often to watch multi part videos. It starts queuing the next video before the current video finishes.
Email in dual screen is awesome. I can actually get through all my emails in a distribution list I belong to, because of the increased real estate. Viewing the email in one screen with the list in the other is great to go through all your unread emails.
The browser experience is also amazing. When you open a link in another window, it opens the link in the other screen. So I can still browse the current page when the new one is loading.
Battery level has not bothered me. As bad as my Palm Pre. I keep the second battery in the car when I travel. Even when using the GPS I don't charge the phone and I just swap out the battery when it's low.
I use RDP client quite a bit and find the 960x800 resolution great!
The two screens have a noticeable difference in tint. It is more apparent in lower brightness.
Most keyboards I download on the market spread to both screens in Portrait mode.
Some Apps only open in one screen. These Apps are not probably designed for tablets. Not a deal breaker.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for a friend that had been wanting one and she has been very happy with it.Published 18 months ago by Angela Gwynn
This item is great, perfect.
It is exactly how it was depicted.
It is exactly what I wanted.
Like the title says, I guess I was the one of the lucky ones because I don't have all the complaints everyone else has. I've had this phone for about 2 1/2 years and I love it. Read morePublished on May 5, 2014 by Mr.G
This is by far the worst phone, worst company and worst customer service that I have every received. I purchased this phone for Christmas for my 13 year old daughter. Read morePublished on March 5, 2014 by Amazon Customer
this phone is not what u want it breaks easy and it is not a good phone would not buy one againPublished on January 13, 2014 by Josh
My son was looking for a new android phone and had considered buying this one but the price was too high. So we checked on Amazon and they had an excellent price for this phonePublished on October 30, 2013 by Carla A. Purser
I'm sorry but this phone is horrible apps always force closing poor battery life really slow I don't recommended this phone ladies and gentlemen!Published on October 4, 2013 by terence
The product is different and fun. However, the phone cuts off. I guess its updating. This is a bit annoying.Published on August 27, 2013 by robin
WORST PHONE EVER!!!! CONSTANTLY FORCLOSES ALL APPLICATIONS INCLUDING THE PHONE PART. TOOK ME 1 HR TO MAKE ONE PHONE CALL BC THE PHONE KEPT FORCLOSING. Read morePublished on August 9, 2013 by jessica