Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,292 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,348 reviews
on January 3, 2007
What else can you ask for in a slipper? The upper body is quality leather, well-sewn. The soles are sturdy though flexible. I've been tempted to wear them on errands because they feel like well-made casual shoes, and they don't look like slippers. The inside lining is warm and generous, and it keeps your feet in place and not sliding around like they sometimes do in slippers. I'd buy another pair without a thought.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2016
I am lovin' these slippers!

I bought the first pair 22 months ago and totally abused them during that time but I'm STILL using them! My wife bought me a second pair for Valentine's Day this year and I'm thrilled!

I'm 63 years old and these are the very best slippers that I've ever owned in my life. The value is incredible. Still completely functional and totally comfy after all this time in spite of being used every day for pretty much any and everything.

I'm retired and wore the original pair only inside the house at first, but that didn't last long. Started wearing them to walk out to the truck. Then to do light chores outside. Then heavy chores. Then while using the garden tractor. And the weed wacker. And working on the truck. And the boat. And the list goes on! These are incredibly durable slippers! Even after 2 years of abuse, the original shell is still intact. The pile lining is still there and intact, albeit smooshed down a bit. I do use foot powder to keep the umm.. "aroma" down but that's the only treatment that these slippers have had. Heck, even the original LACES are still intact!

The pic i attached shows the new slippers on the left and the ones I bought almost 2 years ago on the right.

EXCELLENT VALUE!!
review image
on June 6, 2016
I really object to the "canned" questions at the start of this review, because whether the shoes were too large or too small, too wide or too narrow, depends upon which part of the shoe we're talking about. I bought a EEE size because my toes have become widely splayed over the years. These shoes fit my toes perfectly. Unfortunately, however, the heel area was also very wide, and so the shoes flop up and down when walking. Most people are like me, in that their toes spread wider as they age. I used to take a 12D but now need a 13D or 12EEE (preferred, if available) to accommodate those toes. However, my heels stayed the same size as ever, which is also normal for most people. (I have no concrete data on this, but have read that toe spread is most common with age.) When L.B. Evans made a EEE version, they might better have focused on the toe area for their width increase. Other EEE shoes I have purchased fit me better in this regard.
on May 4, 2007
I have fat feet, so I bought a triple E. Boy, they are almost too wide, and I always wear thick socks! I don't advise ordering the wide unless you are sure you really need it. As far as the length goes though, they are just what they say they are. Addendum 3/11/15. I lost weight and no longer have fat feet. I just bought a new pair in a smaller size and they fit great. If you are between sizes, I advise going down because they do stretch. The problem I have with these slippers is that the rubber soles wear out near the outside edge of the heel. I am disabled and rarely leave the house. I wear mine all the time, but I'd like it better if the soles were more hardy. I have to buy a new pair at least every year.
on December 11, 2014
I usually don't review items unless I'm REALLY satisfied or REALLY disappointed. So here's the thing. I have big feet and when you have big feet, slippers or "house shoes" are even more difficult to find then sneakers or dress shoes. I had been looking for about 3 months for some decent slippers. Then it occurred to me, what not check Amazon. I buy most everything from them already, lets give slippers a try. I ordered size 15EEE and they are a true 15EEE nice and comfy and real sharp looking. Very comfortable around the house yet the sole is durable enough for occassional use on pavement. I treat mine like gold however and would not risk getting them dirty. You'll understand when your pair arrives at your house. They come in a jet-black shoebox with the company name/logo scripted in gold across the top of the box. Every attention to detail could also be found inside the box. I've bought dress shoes for $200 that were not packaged as nice as these slippers. Heck, I'm gonna go buy another pair(different style) right now. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
on December 14, 2015
I put a good orthotic insert in the slipper because I have bad feet from working 20 years in a train yard and on the main rails. That is why I said the slipper doesn't have good arch support......I do this with all my foot wear.
As far as expected quality, I'd give the supplier a B+ Not bad, but not the best slipper I've had over the years. Was it worth the cost? In todays economy and the high cost of mediocre quality products.....I would say yes, they are worth the price, and I probably would buy them again as long as this supplier keeps their cost down to a reasonable level.
They have lasted longer than expected and are regularly used beyond their intended use.....as a house slipper.
on March 7, 2017
I bought these for my husband for Christmas. I wanted something with real leather that would hold up, look nice, and be comfortable. These looked like they would meet those criteria and I'm happy to say they did. The only reason I am taking away a star is because they tend to make his feet a bit sweaty after a few minutes of wearing them so they will pretty much only get wear during colder weather.
on April 11, 2015
I am a chef so I work long hours on my feet. I came home today after a 12 hour day and my new slippers had arrived right on time. I put them on and they felt marvelous and soothing to my tired peds. I am a size 10.5 so I ordered the size 11 which fit perfectly with socks (but seemed too warm that way - maybe not in Wisconsin winter though) but they slip a bit in the heel barefoot. Who cares? I didn't buy them to walk around in. I am lounging in them contentedly as I write this review. I balked at the price, but since I will wear them quite a bit the money is worth the extreme comfort, stylish look and apparent durability. Worth every penny!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 14, 2013
These slippers have a long hard tag on the inside from the heel forward a couple of inches, I'd guess. Why do you make a comfy soft fleece-lined slipper and sew in a very large stiff label to stick the bottom of the wearer's feet? Not a comfy design. I had to very carefully pull the incredibly thick, tight stitching to pull the tag out of each slipper (they were VERY well attached) before my husband was happy with these. I wish the manufacturer would lose the tag. Great slippers otherwise though. Would probably purchase again despite the tag.
on April 3, 2014
I am 8 and 1/2, and the 9 is a touch too big, but the leather lace goes around your ankle in a circumferential sleeve allowing even tightening around your ankle. I purchased these because of the report of good quality with only a few exceptions per Amazon reviews, but also due to this type of lacing. It presumably takes extra manufacturing steps to get the lace in that sleeve that way, since it is not as standard as I think it should be, but I don't mess around with slippers that do not have it if I can avoid it...

Addendum on 3/01/16: FYI, these have held up incredibly well, even after over a year of wearing these nearly every day due to working from home starting in January 2015 at a standing desk (8 hours a day). All the seams and sewing is intact, and the sole has some wear showing, primarily due to my tendency to drag my feet when I walk. The interior padding has become a bit squashed, but the slippers are still very comfortable. I am debating buying another pair, but frankly do not need to buy another, and I am not sure when I would need to. At this rate, it would be number of years from now...

Addendum 3/6/2017: I finally bought a replacement pair around the 2 year mark or so due to the sole cracking which I figure is because I would leave the house in them frequently. The replacement pair had cheap leather strings that broke when I tried to tighten the slipper so I painstakingly replaced them with the one from the old pair. Now I have a tear in the seam just to the side of my right big toe and it is growing. I had heard the quality had gone down, and that is the case. I will not be buying these again if this is what to expect and these will go in the trash as soon as I find a replacement. I might just go with the UGG slippers. At least they have a consistent reputation of good quality but man they are pricey if I do recall. So sad to see a great product fall like this.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.