Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition -Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 5% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- 5 Additional Cases ranging from Traffic to Arson
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge - Find and collect badges to unlock the Button Man Detective Suit
- The Broderick Detective Suit - Boosts your fist fighting capabilities and resilience to damage
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit - Sharpens your aim with rifles and pistols
- The Chicago Piano - A powerful machine gun stored in the trunk of your car
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Using groundbreaking new animation technology, MotionScan, that captures every nuance of an actor's facial performance in astonishing detail, L.A. Noire is a violent crime thriller that blends breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience. Search for clues, chase down suspects and interrogate witnesses as you struggle to find the truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.
Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood's Golden Age, Cole Phelps is an LAPD detective thrown headfirst into a city drowning in its own success. Corruption is rampant, the drug trade is exploding, and murder rates are at an all-time high. In his fight to climb the ranks and do what's right, Phelps must unravel the truth behind a string of arson attacks, racketeering conspiracies and brutal murders, battling the L.A. underworld and even members of his own department to uncover a secret that could shake the city to its rotten core.
L.A. Noire is the first videogame to be honored as an Official Selection by the Tribeca Film Festival.
Top Customer Reviews
One thing I did find out is that this edition is *not* compatible with game saves from the regular edition disc. If you have previously played the game using the regular disc, do not expect to continue your game save with this new complete edition. You will have to start over, on everything.
Please comment if you have questions, thanks!
So here are a few helpful hints for CSI (crime scene investigation)
1. Examine every crime scene thoroughly. This is a MUST! When there is a dead body, look at every body part the game allows you to: the head, both hands, and look in their pockets.
2. Pay attention to the evidence that the cops mark! They're usually marked by mini stands with numbers on them.
3. Pick up everything that can be picked up. Not everything in a crime scene will be relevant (and Cole Phillips will even say as much). But do it anyways! Also, pay attention to the music and the vibrations of your controller. Your controller will vibrate and chimes will play if you pass by a clue, whether its relevant or not.
4. Sometimes it's helpful to return to the crime scene after going someplace else. One of your potential suspects might be trying to tamper with evidence or cover up something.
5. As a last resort, use an intuition point to find all the clues in a crime scene. Key phrase here is LAST RESORT. Those intuition points are very helpful for interrogations.
And now we get to interrogation. Interrogating witnesses/suspects is the trickiest part of the game. You will have 3 options each time someone gives a response: truth, doubt, or lie.Read more ›
You should be warned though; this is a clever and thorough game, and I'd venture to say it's not really for the casual player. If you enjoyed Mafia II or Red Dead Redemption, it doesn't necessarily mean this is a game for you. You're assigned a case, you go out on location to search for clues, based on the clues you hold interviews, which ultimately ends up in a conviction or a shootout. If you're not patient enough and don't really use your skills of memory and deduction, the game will be quite hard and unforgiving. You can only back out of a question if you're accusing someone of lying, and when you replay a case, you have to replay the entirety of it, and the first cutscene (however long) can't be skipped. There are small hints as to what you might do next, but nobody throws you any favours here, it's largely up to you how to play it. That makes for a very amibitious but annoying game, when one missed clue or wrong question during a 90-minute case can break your stats.Read more ›
Each case you are given you must figure out how to "read people". Sometimes you know a suspect is lying because of the clues you have found... other times you have to "read" the person's behavior. Did the person you are questioning look away when answering, did the person swallow nervously, did those jaws just clench? That is the hardest part of the game, but the great 360 graphics are great and you can "read" expressions and tics.
Now, this game will not be for everyone, but I LOVE it. Now, I have to say this is not one of those games you are likely to play through several times because, like a good murder mystery book, once you figure it out why do it all over again. Also, it is lite in action and heavy on searching for clues and interviewing witnesses and suspects. So, it is a slow game in terms of getting your adrenaline pumping, but it is a great game for synapses firing. It makes you think.
This edition contains every piece of DLC released and it incorporates those additional cases into the flow of the game so they don't feel like ad-ons.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Greatest game ever made and my most favorite to play. The 1940s are an incredible time period and they truly captured it here. Beautiful game and amazing acting. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Melissa Vandermark
Sorry but when I got it, the first disk was scratched and yeah that's not acceptable.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
If you own the original la noire well you should get this game to i mean i was playing my original version but then i had to start over again beings it's the complete version with... Read morePublished 3 months ago by thomas henry
This game is very detailed and very good. You can't do crazy stuff like you can in Grand Theft Auto but it is an excellent title.Published 8 months ago by Reginald W. Morris
Amazing game I am going to become a cop so I really enjoyed this game because you have to solve crimes and find clues also interrogate criminals it's so cool definitely buy this... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Sage K.
Really awesome game. After u finish the game there is more bonus cases.Published 14 months ago by Idy Hung