- File Size: 822 KB
- Print Length: 273 pages
- Publisher: Schiller & Wells, Ltd., An Imprint of Stay Thirsty Publishing, A Division of Stay Thirsty Media, Inc. (November 9, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 9, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004XWQ3I4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,469,511 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
LATITUDE 38 Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
But the characters' development was so intriguing and absorbing that I was really glad I'd kept reading! The twists and turns, the suspense and pathos, it grabbed me, and didn't let go til the end. Even now, days and other books later, it is still it on my mind. It was all so well written that I could easily visualize each person, and the atmosphere in and with which they were struggling. I was disappointed in the ending, BUT I could understand WHY it was that way. It wasn't hard to accept.
I'm sure this is a book I'll read again and again, and get more out of it each time. Mr Hutchison shows a lot of promise; I hope to see more of his work soon.
I highly recommend this book, and have ardently done so to my friends. I think it would be a great book club title - I look forward to discussing it with my husband, when he finishes!
Latitude 38 outlines too many horrors that are possible with the state that the USA has been in for the last few years. I fear our government falling apart and feel that it would be far too easy for this book to become a reality. Ron Hutchison did a superb job in bringing all of this to life, I just wish he had chosen a different ending......one I will not elaborate on as I do not want to spoil the book for anyone else.
The country divided leaves families on both sides who are unable to visit. The changes to the different services is most notable in the field of medicine. What you can be treated for on one side is not allowed on the other. This leaves the families in dire medical distress but to attempt a border crossing. This is an excellent read for the genre..... ER
I liked the characters you're supposed to like, and didn't like the ones you weren't supposed to. I would have liked a little more development of a few people, like Henry, Sam, and Yong, but they weren't total cardboard cutouts.
A little more history for the readers would have been nice, but the characters knew why they were crossing the border, and we learned why as the story went on.
The cave scenes were great, as my family vacationed in that area last summer, at the Mermac Cavern. It really is almost oppressingly dark without a light source when you're underground.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense