- File Size: 822 KB
- Print Length: 273 pages
- Publisher: Schiller & Wells, Ltd., An Imprint of Stay Thirsty Publishing, A Division of Stay Thirsty Media, Inc. (November 9, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 9, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004XWQ3I4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,173,211 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
LATITUDE 38 Kindle Edition
|Length: 273 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Stand alone, the story is an interesting view on what people are willing to do to reach a forbidden destination to reach their goals. But the story lacks more background. How did the USA actually split? How and why did each half selected their name? Some of these answers are mentioned, but none are explained.
There's at least in-story questions unanswered: how did Uno complete the last leg?
But what was worst for me, was the gratuitous Spanish. The phrases are well intended, but most are plain wrong. For example, "Do you want to party with me?" is translated as "¿Quiere usted al partido conmigo?" which very loosely half the sentence is missing) means "Do you want to go to the game with me?".
In summary, it's an ok novel, but doesn't have enough background to complete the futuristic picture it paints (if you don't follow USA politics, you'll be lost from the start), some decisions don't make sense (The South calling itself Pais Nuevo?), and the gratuitous Spanish is cumbersome. At $5.99, I would not recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
RH has written a SyFy novel of a split United States at the 38th parallel.
The country divided leaves families on both sides who are unable to visit. Read more
I am so glad I downloaded this while it was free. I did finish the book just to see where the author was going with it, but the journey wasn't pleasant. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brittany Strachota
The characters were well thought out and they interacted with each other in a believable series of conversations and actions. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Duke Fnord
This is a fantastic read. It is very different from what I expected. It has action, but still has meaning to it. The story has a sweet love story with Diego and Adriana.Published 18 months ago by Leebo's Wife
Loved the characters...even Cutbirth. Is a very good read. And the story flows so good. Can't say too much more, surprise ending. Anyway to me.Published on August 1, 2014 by Kindle Customer
I did enjoy reading this. It was one of those tales that was very much character driven. These characters were interesting and well written. Read morePublished on June 6, 2014 by BillBills
Not a great book, but not bad either. The ending leaves something to be desired as everything is tied up too cleanly ( and no such locations exist though the author calls them by... Read morePublished on May 27, 2014 by J. Allee
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense