Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 19, 2010
After reading the positive reviews above I placed an order for this replacement battery for my HP notebook computer. The product was packed very well and shipped promptly. It looked good out of the box; no physical damage. Unfortunately, the battery would not charge in my HP notebook, so I contacted Amazon and they promptly provided means for returning the battery for a credit to my account.

Later in the same day I received a phone call directly from Imac, the battery supplier to Amazon, by an employee named John. He was genuinely concerned that I had received a defective battery and explained that Imac products have an extremely low defect rate. He wanted to make things right and offered to ship a replacement free of charge. I agreed and he shipped the battery.
It arrived the NEXT BUSINESS DAY. He had shipped it overnight. This battery worked perfectly, and I am very happy with the purchase.

I must say this is the most responsive customer service I have ever experienced from any vendor, and I can recommend this product to other customers without hesitation. I could not be happier.

Customer service doesn't get any better than this ! Thanks, John !
on August 9, 2010
I purchased 2 batteries and charged them in my Laptop over the weekend. They seem to be working well although I have not yet put them to the test. I purchased them for when I travel and have to run only on battery power. I notice that one of the batteries did last about one hour and fifteen minutes while watching a streaming video in the internet before I plugged it back in for a recharge. Also, the other reason I purchased the batteries was because my old battery worked fine as long as it was plugged in but died about 5 minutes after being unplugged. I found out that this happens when you leave your laptop plugged in most of the time and seldom run on battery power. I now will use the two batteries only when I travel (which is quite often) and keep the old battery plugged in when at home.

The batteries arrived quickly after placing my order and were packaged very well in antistatic bags and padded boxes. I purchased from this vendor because of the apparent good customer service I have read about in other posts. I believe a product is only as good as the service behind it, if the service is bad then so is the product.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and posts that helped me decide to use this vendor.
on April 26, 2010
I have an HP Pavillion dv6000. Some reviews say the battery doesn't fit. It does... perfectly. But what's really important is that the product was delivered on time, exactly as promised, nicely sealed... totally new. And it gets better. I had a question about how long to charge it the first time, I called the customer service number and I swear I got the owner within 2 rings. He answered my questions, encouraged me to call again if I ever have any questions. He also offered to send me a sample of some of their newest batteries, so I could provide him direct feedback on how they work. Wow, a small company that takes the time to do customer service and customer service research. Buying a replacement battery is a pretty boring purchase... but it was the nicest retail experience I've had in a long time thanks to this company.
on June 17, 2010
The first battery only lasted about 1.25 hours so I return the battery. I received a call from John asking about the problems I had. He was very courteous and promptly sent a second battery for free. So far so good. The second battery overheated badly. In fact it would trigger the thermo overload stopping a recharge. I had to remove the battery until it cooled off before I could resume recharging. I needed to do that several times before the battery would be fully recharged. Obliviously not a good situation so I returned the second battery. A third one was sent to me by John, again at no charge. The third one lasted almost three hours, runs at proper temperature and recharges with no issues. John's sense of ownership and customer support is excellent. Just wish I did not have to go thru two batteries before I got a good one.
on August 27, 2012
I bought this battery after lot of research and returning one other pricier alternative. This battery fits well with HP dv6000 and runs fine. It was packaged well and was charged when it arrived. It holds 2hrs of solid charge with video and continuous internet surfing. It's almost 3 weeks and it holds the charge. I charged it fully and discharged it completely as mentioned and that works. At $18 it's very cheap compared to more than $100 for the original HP battery, which I had before and that started going bad after 8 months of use. So I feel for $18 if it runs for 6 months it is worth the money. I did not have to take out the battery to charge it as mentioned by others. And it is not smaller or thicker compared to the original battery, it fits just right. I bought an Anker battery for $30 thinking it is better than the generic but that never worked and I had to return it. So even though it says generic and costs much less, it is worth the money as it runs from day one without any problem. The user manual can be better written, it has many mistakes.
on May 31, 2010
I received this battery about three weeks ago. The battery fit perfectly in my HP Pavilion DV6000 notebook and works very well. I was concerned about purchasing a replacement battery from amazon because many of the reviews I had read from other sellers said that the battery was either used, or didn't hold a very good charge. Well I am happy to say that this battery came new and factory wrapped. I am exceedingly pleased with this purchase. The battery works much better than the battery that originally came with my notebook. My old battery would lose its charge within ten minutes of unplugging my laptop. This battery, however, lasts not minutes, but hours! It is worth noting that I do not run my computer on any sort of power saving mode, but at full power. I had been putting off buying a new battery for almost a year, and I am happy that this is a reputable seller with a solid product and that I didn't have to go through a bunch of hoops because I received a bad product.
on July 13, 2010
Received the battery two weeks ago. It fit fine in my HP laptop. It seemed to work perfectly fine and then noticed it "drained" itself while the laptop was powered down after one week. Now it has completely died. It was packaged in an anti-static bag and did have fingerprints, though no scratches, out of the box. My guess is that it's been in storage way too long even though it's 'brand new'.
UPDATE: Have been contacted by the seller and they believe the failure is isolated and sending a replacement. Additional UPDATE: replacement was received very quickly and is working well.
on July 18, 2014
The product was well packaged and arrived on time without any issues. It fits my hp pavilion dv6000 well. My original battery is starting to have low juice now after 5 years. It is still working though. The thing I'm wondering is where is the instruction and warranty info and contact number of the seller. It says that it has 18 months warranty in the packaging but who do I call for that. There is also no info on how long to charge it first and such. I guess I have to trust good old Google for the information. We shall see how this goes. The important thing is its working and it fits. If it holds the charge and does what it's supposed to do is yet to be seen. So 4 stars for now.
on May 23, 2011
The reason why I gave this product an overall score of 3 stars is because the jury is still out on how it performs 4-6 months down the road and if it will continue its performance throughout its warranty period. I've written reviews in the past prematurely only to end up with products that basicall fall not soon after the review. What I can tell you is from the time I bought it and installed it, so far so good. It does hold its charge according to the companies claim. I can get between 2 and 2.5 hrs out of it so far before the battery is drained down to about 5%. If 2 to 2.5 hrs is the average performance time before recharging then I can say that so far this battery works fine. In 4 to 6 months I may come back and write a new review about its performance at that time as well.

UPDATE!!

Its been a little over a year and a half since I purchased this product and it has held up well. the charge has degraded, however, and now it only holds a charge for about an hour maybe a little more than that. But the fact that it has performed well past its 1 year product life is indicative of the reliable quality of this product. It performed very well. For this reason I upgraded my rating from 3 stars to 4. I plan to purchase a replacement for this item from the same manufacturer!!!

Great product!!
on February 7, 2011
I ordered and received this battery in Nov'10. I was a little skeptical ordering something not HP.
It worked fine with good backup for a month. And then it stopped charging. Not sure if it heated up or what went wrong.
I emailed Newtrent support, I didn't get a response, I tried calling them and that didn't work either. I gave up and with the holidays and all, totally forgot about it. I emailed them back 2 months later, when I received a note back saying that they had indeed responded earlier too and the email might have gone to my spam mail box.
They showed the original email. They then sent the RMA, a mailing label.
I shipped the defective piece and I received the new one in a snap, 4 days.
I don't know how long this one is going to last, I would be happy if it lasted a year.
But I am rating this high just for the smooth customer service alone.
You can buy from this company without a doubt. I understand that electronics and especially batteries can occasionally have defective manufacturing, but a good customer service makes up for that.
Kudos to Newtrent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question