Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on December 20, 2002
I bought this as a gift for my niece (age 3 months). Be sure to view the larger image, but even that picture does not do it justice (check out the back, too!). The colors are highly saturated and the fabrics are soft and interesting to look at. Each of the dangly bits is different in terms of texture and "function"--even the handle at the top! The purple butterfly is a rattle, the bug has a squeaker inside, the handle has crinkly plastic inside, the yellow star is hard plastic with interesting textures on both sides, and the orange triangle has a textured tab on it (it also features a gap on one side so you can use it to hang the toy off of a crib, stroller, etc.). The moon in the back is actually a little pouch for baby's little fingers to explore. I think my favorite part is the sun's rays made of shiny satin-like material with knots in the end--an elegant touch.
I can't recommend this enough!
on March 14, 2003
I'm a R.N. working in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I bought this for our older babies -- up to 3 months old -- who have not been able to leave the hospital since birth. I thought this would be a good toy for the children in cribs. They love it! It is soft, has interesting textures, parts to chew and grab, and a "crinkly-crunchy" handle that encourages tiny fingers to squeeze, giving good exercise. The sunny face is soft and brightly colored and the back has a reflective surface that babies seem to just love. I'm going to buy more for these tiny patients, and each one will take their's home when they get bigger and better. Some of these babies came into the world weighing just ounces (we weigh in grams!); but, they need their own toys to grow with. We nurses are just suckers for a cute baby and this is a great item to spend our money on.
on February 3, 2005
I only bought this toy as a first time mom because it matched my nursery theme of stars and moons. But I now buy this for all my pregnant friends. Both of my kids love this toy. I attached it to the crib rail with links, and as soon as they were able to reach and grab, at about 2 months, each of them loved to grab, rattle, shake and pull at the sun/moon face. My older daughter used to play with it early in the morning and then go back to sleep. Anything that can entertain a baby for a few extra minutes is great! My younger daughter loves it and plays with it at night to settle down before she falls asleep.
on July 12, 2009
I bought this for my daughter when she was a baby, and it was her favorite toy for at least a year, if not longer. She's now 7 and she still insists on keeping it as a "memento" of her baby years. The version I bought was a little different than this one. Mine was machine washable, and has went through the wash many times. It looks as good today as it did when we bought it. I hope the current version is the same. What a great toy!
on June 8, 2002
My daughter is now 6 months old and she still loves this toy. I got it for her when she was about a month. We take it with us wherever we go and it always seems to calm her. It is soft enough to be comforting, yet there are many toys that she can play with. All of our friends babies seem to love it too, it is hard to keep it out of their hands. I also have had no problem washing it.
on September 25, 2003
The BEST!! Both my daughter's LOVED this toy. It kept them completely happy every time they were in their carseat or bouncy seat. I could honestly have thrown in the trash ALL their other rattles, teethers, soft grab-able stuff, etc, etc...because no other toy kept them consistently happier than Celeste. It is my all time favorite gift to give to new first-time moms.
on July 3, 2003
Thank heaven for Celeste! We attached it to the inside of her crib and by doing so, we get at least another 15 minutes of sleep in the morning! I can hear her playing with it on the baby monitor: the rattle, the squeak, the crinkley handle...it keeps her occupied every morning. There are a few other toys in there with her, but for now Celeste is the toy of choice!
on January 22, 2003
Celeste has been my daughter's best friend since she could grab hold! She loves it! She's learned how to shake, pull, and I know that she can chew on any part of it without worrying about any pieces coming off. Now that she's teething & everything goes in her mouth, the "rays" are soft enough that she can chew & suck on them with ease. Celeste is great!
on January 29, 2003
I purchased this toy (one of many) for my 6 month old daughter for Christmas. It is, without a doubt, the only one that captures and holds her attention. She loves the colors and different textures, as well as the different surfaces to chew on (oh, those sore gums!). It is a bit pricier than other baby toys, but definitely worth the money.
on January 19, 2004
I bought this toy for my friends baby who is 3 months for Christmas along the the Pupsqueak. He does not play with this at all. He loves the Pupsqueak. I don't think this does as much as the Pupsqueak. With this toy the star only squeaks and one of the others is a rattle. If you want a great toy, get Pupsqueak the dog.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.