Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 444 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 468 reviews
on July 16, 2013
I bought this after reading the reviews which I generally agree with. It is good and bad. However it worked as a suction device long enough for me to determine where I wanted to permanently mount it. It is mounted by affixing the base with screws then screwing the holder on. Before drilling anything I verified that when I screwed the holder on snuggly the larger open end would be on top so as to receive the hand shower handle. I rotated the base to permit that and marked the position I wanted on top before drilling the holes. I would not over-tighten the holder to achieve this because I think you could strip the threads.

After I installed the base I ran a bead of silicone caulk around the perimeter of it and screwed the base on snug and verified the larger open end was up. The holder was then bedded in the caulk to give added support and prevent the holder from rotating with use. Satisfied it was secure and positioned properly, I cleaned off the excess caulk and let it set a day before mounting the hand shower in it. It is quite secure.
review image review image
on July 16, 2012
It is very easy to put up, and it does stay in place. It's been up for a few months, using only the suction cup, and it's never fallen off the wall.

If the surface of your wall won't accommodate the suction cup, and you don't want to drill a hole, you can always use some kitchen and bath silicone to keep it in place.

The piece has a 3" diameter and fits nicely on a standard 4" X 4" bathroom tile. It sticks out 2 1/4" from the wall.

Unfortunately my hand held shower head doesn't fit into it perfectly. It doesn't fall out, but it does twist to one side. All in all, I can make it work because the plastic has a little "give" to it - just don't push too hard or the wall mount will crack.

Note regarding the size: the opening is slightly tapered so it's larger at one end by about 1/8". The opening measures 7/8" at the top and 3/4" on the bottom.
on March 22, 2016
Light weight Plastic, must be installed permanently, it will never stick using the suction cup backing it comes with.

There's one way to permanently mount this, if you care to bother at all. it's what I ended up doing with minimal damage to the shower wall, this is only applicable to mosaic or other tile showers with grout lines.

Don't use the two screws that come with it, find two very thin screws that have a big enough head to hold the piece in place and that are thin enough to fit within the grout lines of your shower tiles. Turn the back part with the screw holes and suction cup so that both thin screws fit in a line of grout, drill out the grout from below a ceramic tile with a thin drill bit, make sure you mark the 2 spots with a pencil where you need to drill by making a templet first, then tighten the screws into the grout making sure before hand, that the screws will not chip the tile. FYI don't worry that the rubber suction cup is in the way of the screws, just apply pressure as you screw it down and the screws will go through the suction cup without having to cut it or remove it.
Don't waste your money on this, if you don't plan on permanently installing it into the tile in your shower. It simply will not hold, also this is not meant for a regular shower head but an additional shower nozzle of a personal nature. If you get it for a secondary personal hose line in your shower, it will work perfectly if you mount it as I recommended above into the grout only.
on March 7, 2016
Got it for the suction cup. The suction cup is worthless. I've tried different positions, i've cleaned, dried, re-moistened the surface. Everything. I would not recommend, I would not buy again. On top of the suction cup not working well, the mount itself spins, so if you don't have it perfectly horizontal when placing the shower-head in the mount point, it will slow turn and drop the shower head as there's nothing that really holds it in place. This is ideal since I bought it to lower the shower head to a level our small children could reach - you KNOW how good kids are at perfect alignment and always take great care to place objects just so... One side is slightly larger than the other which isn't immediately obvious but is integral to it working properly as well. It's alright because it's relatively cheap, but you're definitely getting what you paid for. The best unadvertised feature is the enormous and mysterious crash from your dark bathroom in the middle of the night when the shower head goes careening through the bath.
on December 29, 2015
Its just ok and does the job once you give up on the suction cup. The suction cup of course doesn't really work, they never do. It stays up for a while then falls down. I squirted some silicone on the back and slapped it up on the wall and voilà its holding that handheld head like a champ with no falling. Its def plastic-y looking, you’re not gonna fool anyone into believing this wasn’t an add on item from Amazon, but if that doesn’t bother you , and you have a tube of silicone caulk, get it. Your handheld head will thank you for not dangling him upside-down from the showerhead any more.
on September 18, 2013
I purchased all of the following (as a group) to use as a Shower Assembly:

Oxygenics 09470- 5’ Stainless Steel Shower Hose, (excellent and very pliable)
Ultra Saver Shower Head ( More than Sufficient water flow and pattern).
Delta Faucet U4922WH Diverter Valve (Allows to easily switch between shower and hand wand)
Delta 75009WH Push Button Hand Shower ( Effortless switching between ON and OFF, soft and useful pattern )
LDR 520 2433C--2 in 1 Wall Mount ( I was skeptical about the suction feature but it worked as advertised- and is larger than pic shows-Holds the hand wand securely- )

I am extremely pleased with the combination of items to create a useful and practical Shower Environment.
on June 3, 2015
Sadly, I was pretty disappointed with this product. We have two shower heads and I was hoping to attach the second one to a different spot in order to get a surround-shower experience.

The first issue came installing the holder. It was not an easy fixture to attach to the shower. There were multiple parts and it was confusing how to attach it without good directions.

The second issue, our standard shower head didn't fit!! I tried adjusting it several times but could not get the shower head to hold steady.

Finally, it kept falling off the shower wall. I would try to reattach it, but it would only stay stuck for maybe a few hours. For all the hassle, it was easier to throw it away.
on May 5, 2013
Bought this item because Amozon paired it up with the shower head bouhght stating it was compatable with it(see below)...hummm, not even close to being compatable!!!

Buy the selected items together This item: Waterpik ECO 563 EcoFlow 5-Mode Water Saving Handheld Shower, Chrome by Waterpik $29.98
LDR 520 2433C 2-In-1 Permanent or Suction Showerhead Wall Mount
Price for both: $34.48
on June 9, 2015
Recovering from surgery I wanted to temporarily relocate my handheld shower to be usable lower on the shower wall. I didn't expect a durable piece of hardware. I did expect something I could use for a couple of weeks. The suction attachment was a plus as I didn't want to drill holes in my fiberglass tub surround. It fails to hold the hand shower. The part doe NOT have the needed suction the hold handheld shower handles of normal weight. If you have a plastic hand held shower with plastic tubing you may be able to get this product to hold. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. EDIT: I was premature in my evaluation of this holder. I had a friend attach it to the shower wall and he didn't screw it into itself tight enough. I remounted it today and VIOLA... This little holder is perfect to hold the handle while I sit in the shower. WENT from 1 STAR to 4 STARS!!!
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2008
After a hospital stay, my elderly mother had to get used to taking a shower at home again, by herself. It was hard for her to reach all the way up to the original handheld shower bracket, but awkward to just leave the showerhead dangling loose. Her bathroom had just been redone, and she didn't want to get one of those expensive bar showers where the showerhead can slide higher and lower. She also didn't want holes from such an installation.

I finally found this portable bracket, and she is again able to take showers alone. I had a little trouble getting it to stay in place on the upper wall of her acrylic tub unit, but it attached fine at a more stable spot lower down.

I wish I had ordered two to begin with--now I want one for our house, to make things easier when I'm cleaning the tub or washing the dog!