|Print List Price:||$19.97|
Save $11.98 (60%)
LEADSOLOGY®: THE SCIENCE OF BEING IN DEMAND Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 230 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Many of the big names 'online' would have us all believe that to successfully grow your business, you just need to follow their 'blueprint.' In truth, marketing and selling your expertise is a highly nuanced set of skills. And you can always, always always get better at it.
Reading through part 1 of Leadsology I came across many ideas I've heard before - but presented just a little bit differently. Which helped me see exactly where my next opportunity for improvement is.
2. To create a consistent flow of your ideal clients, you don't start with the tactic. You don't start with Facebook ads, or SEO or blogging or whatever. Marketing is really a lot like medicine. Would you want a surgeon who always wants to do surgery - or a surgeon who first understands the patient and THEN determines the best treatment?
With marketing - as with medicine - you've got to work on three levels:
- LEVEL 1: The underlying structure of the situation. (In medicine, the biology. In marketing the psychology.)
- LEVEL 2: A process or series of steps that is built on a deep understanding of the underlying structure. (In medicine, this might be the step by step process of conducting a heart bypass. In marketing, this would be a proven process where each element builds on the one before it and contributes to the whole, the flow of leads and clients.)
- LEVEL 3: The skills, habits and focus to work the process. (In medicine this might include knowing where to cut, and the hundreds of skills involved in surgery. In marketing this would include choosing your marketing, crafting a simple compelling message, selecting your tactics, a marketing calendar, etc., etc.)
Parts 1 and 2 of this book help you see the underlying 'biology' of generating a consistent flow of leads. And Part 3 lays out a 10-step process to create those leads.
You shouldn't read this book looking for something 'new.' That's a common mistake - people always looking for something new.
Instead read this book looking to better understand what you probably already know from other books you've read, seminars you've taken. And so on. As in this book Tom helps you put order to what you know so you can act on it.
3. The book is rather short. And so you can read it. And skim it. And every few months flip through it and again remind yourself of your next opportunity for optimization.
IN SUMMARY: If you're looking to generate more clients and you're feeling a bit confused, in a fog or in a funk, read this book. Because it will help you see more of the three levels I spelled out above. And it will help you spot the next step you need to take to make a big impact in your expertise-based business.
It offers a practical, dynamic entrepreneurial blend of Art, Science and hard won experience that Tom Poland has developed over several decades as a successful serial entrepreneur.
In sport there is a saying, “You can buy talent but you can’t buy experience.” Equally this could be rewritten as “You can buy a business but you can’t buy business experience.”
While this may be true in many circumstances, for Advisors, Coaches, Trainers and Consultants earning their living in a highly competitive business world, here is an opportunity to ‘buy’ the wisdom and benefit of a highly successful practitioner’s proven experience. This is what Leadsology offers in outlining the systems and processes Tom Poland has developed and so successfully used himself over the years.
In the Consultancy business world where the so-called ‘Soft skills’ can be difficult to market, my colleagues and peers in similar businesses, have all from time to time and to varying degrees, all experienced that blank or partially-filled space in our diaries as we look ahead and ponder, “Where our next business income is coming from?
Leadsology offers a proven system that reduces the anxiety of that ever present looming dark cloud which has the potential to overshadow and engulf every consultancy service business - a lack of leads and forward business!
Leadsology’s systems addresses that very real risk with a practical approach that has been proven and is being continually sharpened and honed to keep its competitive edge.
If you choose to buy, read, and more importantly consistently IMPLEMENT the systems Tom Poland generously shares, outlines and reinforces with practical examples, warmth and humour the benefits to your life, your family and your business will come.
I highly recommend Tom Poland’s Leadsology book and Leadsology programme to colleagues, business peers and those who may be looking for a proven strategy to venture out and set up their own consultancy business.
I am a psychologist and the information presented in Leadsology is really straightforward and a great example of ‘practice based evidence’. Tom’s 35 years of experience in the field shine through in this book, which clearly demonstrates the essential ingredients for what needs to happen and why in order for service providers to be in demand. If marketing isn’t your ‘thing’, get this book and do some marketing the Leadsology way!
I’m a current client of Tom’s and clearly see the benefits of aligning all parts of the Lead Generation model, Leadsology. I’m in the ‘Development’ phase of my marketing, which is the second of the three D’s of Marketing that Tom talks about in this book. It was a really useful exercise to 'Do the Math' and 'Do the Time' - simple steps to really clarify where you are heading, which helps for high level feasibility (dollar and time) planning. As I roll out the delivery of the Leadsology approach to marketing, I’m sure the results will be a natural and greatly improved consequence! Thanks!
Most recent customer reviews
Too much hype for repetitive content in a long winded sales pith for his deal.....pretty disappointed