|Item Weight||14.1 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||6.1 x 5.31 x 2.36 inches|
|Item model number||HMHRT21617|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||HMHRT21617|
LEDAUT Heat Shield Insulation with Ties for Pipe 16' Roll Titanium Motorcycle Exhaust Tape Thermal Protection
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2"X16' titanium exhaust wrap with (pack of 4)8" Stainless Steel(304) Locking Ties.
- Titanium heat shield material is from crushed volcanic rock.
- wrapped motorcycle exhaust can withstands 1400F direct/2000F radiant heat .
- Thermal heat wrap reduces heat under hood up to 50%.
- Heat shield protects drivers and mechanics from burns and improve car And motorcycle performance.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
WHY CHOOSE LEDAUT EXHAUST WRAP FOR YOUR CAR AND MOTOTCYCLE ?
Ledaut titanium heat shield sleevevis was made from crushed volcanic rock.
Reduces underhood temperatures a Realistic 50%! Withstands 1400°F Direct/2000°F
High resistance to abrasions, oil spills, temperatures and vibration breakdown.
LEDAUT EXHAUST WRAP WAS MADE FROM TURE CRUSHED VOLCANIC ROCK TITANIUM.
How to distinguish the titanium exhaust wrap and fiberglass exhaust wrap.
Some manufactory use the fiberglass exhaust wrap colored titanium , how we can
distinguish them? Use high temperture to fire the titanium wrap , if the wrap does
not change the color it is really titanium wrap , if the wrap become white dust,
it is the fiberglass wrap colored titanium.
GREAT FOR CAR TRUCKS BOAT ATV MOTORCYCLE INSTALLATION.
With 4 pcs 11.8"(30CM) Long 304
STAINLESS STEEL LOCKING TIES
With 4 pcs 7.8"(20CM) Long 304
STAINLESS STEEL LOCKING TIES
Great ties for the motorcycle and car exhaust instaling !
WHY IT SMOKES WHILE USING IN THE FIRST TIME , IS IT DANGEROUS ?
Don't worry, it isn't burnning. The smoke is just volatile wax. We put wax in the wrap while producing.
When all the wax is gone. There will be no more smoke from the wrap.
Perfect Heat Insulating !
Our titanium exhaust heat wrap perfect fit
for the CAR ,TRUCKS,BOAT,ATV,MOTORCYCLE
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update - After a few weeks of riding with this wrap and and repairing a section due to tearing I thought it best to include some additional thoughts. I have adjusted my rating down to 3 stars instead of 4 with some of these nuances:
• After the wrap has dried and 'cured', I am seeing tons of fraying. Ridiculous amounts. The loops on the edges are the worst and it looks like every wrap around the pipe has 'whiskers' or is 'fuzzy'. This indicates poor-quality fiberglass.
• The wrap is woven very loose. As I was making my loops around the pipes, one side would become increasingly loose, to where I would have wrinkles under the next loop. Not really much you can do about it because of the material construction.
• Many defects in the weave/stitching. I had to re-cut multiple sections due to the poor weaving of the material. This only resulted in about 2-3 feet of wasted material, but still. If I were doing one long section of pipe I would have been screwed.
That's all for now folks.
I found two major issues with this exhaust wrap.
First, the included zip ties are junk. Throw them away, don't even bother trying to use them, they don't actually hold tight.
Second, my "50 foot" roll was actually two separate pieces that were poorly stitched together. There was a good foot long piece that was two separate pieces overlapped, and it was completely unusable. Annoyingly enough, this also rendered several feet useless after cutting out this section.
Frankly, i wouldn't buy this again. it's worth spending the extra few dollars to get the real DEI Titanium heat wrap, this wrap isn't horrible, but the execution is crap.
Two things i didnt like.
One egde all the way down the strip looked loose and crappy so i had to wrap it a certain direction to hide it.
Also the instructions are wrong. They say to wrap it from starting on the motor end and work back. This causes the egde of the wrap to catch the wind and collect dirt and debri. You should start at the back of the exhaust and wrap to the front.
work but are difficult to get as tight as electrician ties. In the past, I used hose clamps with great success. When you start the bike be prepared to see smoke caused by manufacturing compounds burning off. I would wait until the following day so as to allow the water to evaporate.
****WORD OF CAUTION******
wear gloves and glasses!!! I know its a "suggestion" in the directions but take it as gospel. You will regret it if you don't. My hands had that prickly feeling like they were trying to "wake up" (you know, when they go numb from falling asleep) for like a week. not comfortable. And if you are working with it above you (is in laying under the car like i did) wear a shirt you can throw away and some sort of glasses.
Top reviews from other countries
The product was very easy to use however the tie wraps are a little tricky to get tight enough ( I used needle nose pliers to pull tight). The results once installed are great, really works and reduced the heat and looks great.
I will be buying more of this wrap from Ledaut and I highly recommend it to everyone.