Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lee Precision Auto-Prime XR
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$8.13 (33%)|
Order it now.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A fast, safe, and effective way of priming cases
- Auto Prime XR uses inexpensive Lee Hand Prime shell holders ONLY
- Made in USA
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Lee Auto Prime XR hand priming tool is a fast, safe, and effective way of priming cases. Lee Auto Prime XR uses inexpensive Lee Hand Prime shell holders only. Accepts primers from all manufacturers.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerProduct is previously used.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. This model has problems feeding a primer. A lot of the times I can get a primer to feed by letting the handle snap back into the resting position. Other times I need to take it apart to free some un-seen debris (which I think is causing the problem). This issue happens approximately 10% of the time.
2. After seating the primer, I have problems pulling the case out. I can fix this problem by twisting the case and re-seating the primer. Sometime I need to do this 2 or 3 times before I can get the case out. This is very annoying and happens about 25% of the time.
When it works, it is great, but I miss my old auto-prime.
If you don't have the older Auto-Prime you aren't missing much. This is a big improvement, and for the price, you won't find a better hand primer by RCBS or anyone else. The shell-holders are cheap to buy the entire kit, but if you shoot most center-fire rifle cartridges (.223 and variants, .308 and variants) #2 and #4 will do the job for you. This tool took my single stage loading to a just slightly better level and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Kudos to Lee for logically improving/evolving their products and still keeping the prices out of reach of the competition.
Cons - the primers turn sideways on occasion (you fill it and can correct quickly), you need a case holder - the one with your dies doesn't work
Overall, especially now that I have the set of case holders, I'd recommend it.
My biggest complaint is that it requires custom shell holders, but doesn't come with them. I wonder how many people have bought these units, then got ticked off when they found the unit was useless without the custom shell holders?
Lee marketing needs to wise up and offer the AutoPrime units and custom Shell holders as a package deal. They both will fit nicely into the current AutoPrime XR packaging, and I'ld much rather buy a complete usable package.