Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Train Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 27, 2013
If your children like Lego, spend the extra money or wait until this is on sale (I only paid $30 in November 2012). This is an amazing caledar with something to put together and play with each day. If you're even considering the Mega Bloks Smurf advent calendar DON'T BUY IT, spend the extra and buy this one. The Mega Bloks one will give your child a couple of blocks or one piece of lego on some of the days. This was well worth the money and had so many cute things added that weren't on the box like a tiny remote control fire truck, so cute. My kids still love the set and play with it every day and it's almost April. Thanks Lego, I hope you make another advent calendar next year!
on June 20, 2013
My husband and I enjoyed taking turns opening the advent calendar each evening and assembling the little "gifts" (toys) (though it included a heated discussion over how the Christmas tree should be assembled!). It was fun to do, but the overall scheme of the village park and the gifts didn't really make sense. There were random firefighters, mechanics, computer and desk, tree remover... I'm really not sure what we were supposed to be creating, but maybe there was no method to it. It really just seemed like an advertisement for Lego. Anyway, we ended up giving our nephews the Legos, so at the end of the day, that's a plus.
on December 7, 2012
This is our first Lego Advent Calendar and we are quite happy with it. I ordered back in the beginning of November and the anticipation of being able to open it was almost too much for my daughter. It arrived a little crunched on the corner, but I think that was during shipping, so we had to cut the play mat/flap off so it will lay flat. My daughter runs downstairs first thing to open the new day then runs back to show me what she made. Each day she changes the scene with each new item. I hope she still loves Legos next year so I can buy another one. This has been an excellent purchase, I was a little concerned about it being so costly, but to see how happy my daughter is makes it worth it. We are only a few days into December but I love watchinig her scene develop each day.
on January 25, 2013
We were renovating our house during the holiday season, and couldn't get to our traditional advent items. This calendar helped make the season for us! We got it as an early Christmas gift. Each morning, one of our two children (ages 5 & 7) took turns opening the little door, and adding to the set and their growing Lego collection. This stimulated their imagination and creativity, and lasts a lot longer than a piece of candy from other calendars. Even weeks later, they still have and play with the set. It had a lot of figures, and really fun pieces (skis, dog, computer desk, coffee mug, etc.). I would definitely do this again.
on January 3, 2013
This was a lot of fun for me and my three year old to put together every day. I was a bit disapointed at how many walls we put together and some of the random bits (like 3 steps and a box with some flames) we were given to put together. I was hoping that for the price we might get a little more out of it. That said, there were several days that built upon each other (wheels one day, car the next) and there were some seriously clever ones (like the remote control fire engine for under the tree) that made up for it. The final project was fantastic and made up for it all, my son played with it for days!
on December 30, 2012
At the end, cute set....but some days were not very exciting for an 8 year old girl. She isn't so girly anymore so I opted for this set as it is a little more grown up.....but I think this City set is really geared more for boys. One day she got 4 tires - there were other days like too. Wish it were more of a Christmas theme - as some of the things just don't seem relevant to Christmas at all. Agree with other reviewers - wish the pics of all the stuff inside were not on the box......especially when the child sees a santa which doesn't come out until the last day - makes the 4 tire day a long one!
on January 8, 2013
My son, 9 yrs old, loved it. Fun theme and creative pieces to put together. What an incentive to get out of bed every morning; he made a B-line straight to the Calendar to discover the day's Lego Toy. I would agree with previous reviewers, however, on the high cost of this toy and the unfortunate packaging of it that 'gives away' the surprises that await in each compartment (my son didn't seem to mind, though). The box itself is nice, though, because it gives the child a fold-out decorated platform on which to place, and play with, the legos.
on December 13, 2012
Last year, we bought our 3 year old LEGO fan his first Advent calendar. He loved it! We were so excited to share the tradition with his little brother so we happily spent the money on the CITY calendar. The build quality has REALLY gone down from last year. Instead of actual LEGO wheels for cars, there are lego pieces. My poor son asked me, "where are the wheels, mama"? And today, we opened day 13 and there were 2 pieces missing from the build! Very disappointing. I hope LEGO rethinks this for next year, or they lose 2 little customers!
on January 3, 2013
My son was so excited to receive his Lego City 2012 Advent calendar. Every morning there was an added excitement just waiting to see what was behind the door and make up another piece of the scene. Lego makes such great products and the children with the snowballs with the Xmas tree were delightful.

Well made, added excitement to each day of Advent.

Really recommend it - we will be looking to purchase next year's 2013! Price was right on Amazon and it was delivered right away. Freight costs were so reasonable.
on December 30, 2012
We've been buying our 11 year old son the lego advent calendars for a couple years now and it's amazing how he'll fly out of bed in the morning to open the day of legos (we've been on time for school all month). The kit will not impress much in terms complexity or hours of playtime but it builds Christmas excitement. It does allow for some brief entertainment and collection value. Our son is getting older and his interest in legos are moving from a playtime toy to a collectible interest. This is a great kit for that purpose.