CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
LEGO 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar 9509
|Price:||$48.40 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Feel the Force the holiday season with the LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar!
- Countdown to Christmas with the LEGO® Star Wars Advent Calendar, featuring 24 Star Wars-themed gifts!
- Open a window every day to reveal 24 different LEGO Star Wars - themed gifts
- Features 9 minifigures, including 2 holiday-themed minifigures
- Vehicles include mini Gungan Sub and General Grievous' Starfighter
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Next I'm going to list the set contents, so please skip the next two paragraphs if you want to be surprised. But, since most of this info is available in the Amazon photos or easily obtainable online, I thought I'd also provide it hear for those who are interested. Note, I purposefully list everything in alphabetical (and not chronological) order so as not to spoil the surprise too much. Not to mention the fact that I'm waiting to open mine and don't even know the order of appearance myself at this point.
Depending on how/what you count, the set includes nine mini figures. The obvious appeal of this new set are the two exclusive Santa Darth Maul and Snowman R2-D2 figures. On top of that you also get Gungan Warrior, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer (Hoth), Rebel Trooper, Snowtrooper, Security Battle Droid, and Super Battle Droid.Read more ›
As for the set itself, looking at the various parts:
1. Several minifigs. You have Darth Maul Santa, clearly the highlight of the set. You also have a black super-battle droid, several generic troopers on both sides, a basic battle droid, a Gungan, and of course R2 snowman, another cool addition.
2. Several ships. It continues to amaze me how you can have the same basic ship in Lego in so many different sizes. You have Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, a Naboo Starfighter, a Star Destroyer, an AT-AT walker, and a few others.
Is the whole thing rather cool? Yes... for $29 this would be a no-brainer all day long. For $49, it is simply too expensive for what comes in the kit.
Yes, the 2 special minifigs are awesome & my boys would kill for them - but I can't justify spending $100 for 2 calendars.
...this will be our first year without LEGO advent calendars. They'll be disappointed, but will get over it.
My son and I love this set. There are lots of unique pieces and they are a great addition to last year's Lego Star Wars advent calendar. The mini flyers are so cute and well designed. My son loves to battle with all the little flyers. The nice thing is that this keeps him busy for hours at a time. He takes everything out, then he puts everything back into the little boxes. The Darth Maul Santa is especially cool! The only downside is that it's a bit pricey for the number of Lego pieces you get.
Our family had the Lego Star Wars 2011 calendar last year and the kids loved it! It's still available for about $35, which is what this set should cost max in my opinion. $50 is a huge increase from last year and, Star Wars or not, is most definitely too high a price for the miniature ships to be built from it. Darth Maul Santa is, admittedly, pretty cool...but not that cool. 5 stars for the product, minus 3 for the exaggerated price.
***Edit*** I have changed my 3 star rating to 4, now that we have used it for a few days, so much fun, the kids are so excited every morning.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fabulous for the holidays. Wish it had more action figuresPublished 18 months ago by Beth Ann Knutson
Legos & Starwars! Need I say more? We used to always do chocolate calendars... This was so much more exciting!Published 19 months ago by Alison
I gave this to my grandson who absolutely loved it! I thought it was a bit pricey but the joy and excitement of opening a door and finding a Lego every day made it worth it.Published 19 months ago by Mary Bronson