Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LEGO Creator Carousel (10196)
|Price:||$3,888.98 + $8.29 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- It really spins & plays music while the horses & swing boats move up and down
- Built with intricate, lifelike ornaments & features, the Grand Carousel is a spectacular addition to any LEGO display or carousel collection
- Measures 38.4 cm (15.1 in) x 38.4 cm (15.1 in) x 35.0 cm (13.8 in)
- Includes 9 minifigures and LEGO Power Functions motor and sound brick
- 3,263 pieces
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
This elegant and beautifully detailed LEGO model isn’t just for show – it really spins and plays music while the horses and swing boats move up and down! Built with intricate, lifelike ornaments and features, the Grand Carousel is a spectacular addition to any LEGO display or carousel collection. Includes 9 minifigures and LEGO Power Functions motor and sound brick. Measures over 12” (30 cm) x 12” (30 cm) x over 12” (30 cm).
From the Manufacturer
It’s a wonderful day for a ride on the merry-go-round. This elegant and beautifully detailed LEGO model isn’t just for show.
Compare to similar items
This item LEGO Creator Carousel (10196)
|Shipping||$8.29||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||BEST TOYS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MasterToyList||Quick Shipping Pro||AmazingJapan|
|Item Dimensions||3.58 x 22.91 x 18.9 in||18.9 x 22.91 x 3.58 in||10 x 40 x 17 in||18.75 x 22.5 x 3.5 in||18.9 x 22.91 x 6.69 in||11.3 x 19.1 x 3.9 in|
|Item Weight||7.6 lbs||6 lbs||9.61 lbs||5.8 lbs||12.18 lbs||5.29 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||3,263||2,464||4,287||2,056||2,989||1,248|
Top customer reviews
TIPS FOR BUILDING:
1. Since the bags are not numbered, you need to spend a little time in the beginning sorting parts. It's not necessary to COMPLETELY sort them, but getting things separated by color alone would be helpful.
2. The carousel is built as a series of modules, where you construct the same item multiple times before assembling the section. If you have kids who can't build this set alone, they can still help by "copying" a module that you have correctly built. Many hands make quick work!
3. It is CRITICAL that the moving elements be assembled with the proper amount of ease between parts. The manual clearly reminds you not to "mash" certain pieces too tightly together. Violating this guidance will cause your moving pieces to work herky-jerky or seize up completely.
4. Test the movement as you go! Once you have the base complete and the motor attached, you should test the movement (both forward and backward) to ensure everything is moving smoothly. It's much simpler to make minor fitting adjustments at this point. Continue to test the motion after each layer is added to the base.
As far as the music goes, my son said "That's like leprechaun music!" when we turned it on for the first time. True, it is not something we could normally hear on a carousel here in the US, but it's still festive.
For price, I got this for around $200 (USD) which seems like a reasonable price. This item like many other unusual Lego sets, will eventually be in short supply and high demand, so it's worth getting it now. You never lose your investment in Lego, I have found!
Great to look at, interesting movement and sound, and a conversation-starter when you have guests over. They will be amazed at the detail!