Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on October 4, 2010
I was surprised when the box arrived at our doorstep because it is a lot bigger than I had expected. The biggest part of the whole Lego set is the airplane. My son (a 3rd grader) took the Lego set straight into his room as soon as it arrived. About 2-3 hours later he finished building it. He just asked me for some small assistance in prying some lego pieces apart because he attached it to a different piece.

It is an impressive airport, a lot of good detail, such as a Soda machine, ticketing counter, a computer behind the ticketing counter, a few coffee mugs, departure/arrival screen, baggage check-in, and security scanning area.

One "con" I found was that there is only ONE Lego minifig to run the whole airport, i.e. that one minifig is in charge of ticketing, baggage check-in, security, contol tower duty, cafeteria, etc... So we headed out to a nearby Lego outlet to get more minifigs for the airport terminal.

Another issue I'd like to highlight here is that LEGO has been skimping on the durability of its recent builds. There are pieces that come of easily and not too sturdy, Such as the door for the airplane. the terminal building is also not as sturdy. While playing, some parts would fall or get knocked off easily, like the lamp post and the terminal walls.

The airplane on the other hand has 3 minifigs:- a passenger, a pilot, and a flight attendant. As for the airport ground crew, there is only one guy to drive the baggage truck, and guide the plane in during "taxi-ing", so we got another minifig to help him out.

All-in-all, my son enjoyed this Lego set very much.
on August 30, 2013
I got this set for my birthday, and I was wanting it for a long time. I really liked all the details of the set. The plane was awesome! The only thing was that the plane was longer than the airport, and that was a bit awkward. I really liked the interior of the plane and airport. I liked the cargo train and the service area; it was a fun addition. The mini figures were cool, but the ticket guy was sort of unique. I will now list the pros and cons of this set:
PROS: the huge plane, the mini figures, the baggage car and service area and the great details and accessories, and a really easy build.
CONS: Sort of small airport, 1 passenger, and no bathroom in plane (it must stink if you need to go pee really bad on that plane).

Well worth my long wait. My sister likes it too. She always plays with my Legos with me. She also is reviewing this set: Even if this set only comes with one passenger, it is really fun making other Lego people from other sets fly to different places. I really like all the detail on the computers and stuff. I'm glad my brother lets me play with it. Over all a great set! I recommend getting it before the price goes up.
on June 15, 2014
It is a great set but Amazon directed the order to a third party, SpddyS LLC. They shipped a box that had been previously opened and one of the bags of Legos had been opened and loose pieces were rattling around in the box. There was still wrapping paper on the box from the person that returned it. I ordered this from Amazon because I could not find it locally and it is what my grandson asked me to get him for his birthday. I was under a time crunch and had to go through the bag that was open and figure out what pieces were missing. Luckily for me there is a local Legos store that carries individual pieces and could help me out to complete the set. You would think when you pay over $300.00 you would receive an item that was not a damaged return that was passed onto me as a customer. Just beware if you do order Legos that you don't get pushed to SpddyS LLC for the purchase. I am yet to hear anything from them. I am thankful that I was able to complete the set but it should not have been necessary.
on January 3, 2012
Whoever designs these Lego collections is a genius! This was so fun to build, my five-year old did almost the whole thing by himself. So much detail in the jet and the airport, very cool!
on December 28, 2012
Arrived on time. Son loves legos and has been asking for the Lego City Airport. It was sold out on the Lego website but found it available on amazon. No complaints so far. My 7 year old built entire thing with a bit of help from his dad.
on January 14, 2013
We bought this Lego set as a gift for our son. The pieces were of high quality plastic and they fit together well. One bonus was that the pieces - say for a control tower - were grouped and contained in a numbered plastic bag. Easy for our son to assemble himself, but most importantly, he was not wasting his time looking for a particular piece. I even enjoyed helping him (don't want him to have all the fun). Great buy and highly recommended.
on June 9, 2012
I was absolutely amazed by both the size and realsim of the airplane alone! I would have paid the same price just for the plane. The airport was also kinda surprising in the different details that were included. The tower and ground vehicles were simply a bonus. Highly recomend for the lego fan and aviation buff.
on September 29, 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old son for Christmas. HE WILL BE VERY EXCITED when he opens it for x-mas. The plane is a bit large for the size of the airport itself, but none-the-less, it is a wonderful product and my son will LOVE it on December 25. Thanks
on March 23, 2014
My Sister and I had this gift since we were kids but lost it. Now her kids can have the same.
My item turned up quicker than I expected with no hassles and gift wrapped beautifully!!

The kids loved it! I would do this again.
on December 29, 2011
My 6 year old nephew is a LEGO fanatic...absolutely loved this one.....Made his best Christmas gift this year....I have bought other expensive gifts before, but LEGO toys beats all of them......hands down.