Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.64 shipping
+ $13.99 shipping
LEGO Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 21035 Building Kit
|Price:||$71.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$8.00 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features the guggenheim's modernist facade, circular rotundas and distinctive lines, plus eight-story annex tower and a section of new york city's 5th avenue museum mile including scaled yellow cabs.
- The guggenheim sign, featuring wright's architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to complement the authenticity of the mode.
- The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (english language only. Other languages available for download at lego. Com/architecture).
- Lego architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the lego brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, architecture, history and design.
- Measures over 4" (12cm) high, 7" (19cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A Work Of Art
Can an art museum be as exciting as the collection inside? This New Yorker is proof that it can. Take time to explore the Solomon R. Guggenheim’s symphony of shape with this buildable replica from LEGO Architecture, which makes a fabulous gift and stunning showpiece for the home or office.
|21019 Eiffel Tower||21024 Louvre||21029 Buckingham Palace||21030 United States Capitol Building||21035 Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum|
|Model size||12" (31cm) high, 4" (11cm) wide and 4" (11cm) deep||5" (13cm) tall, 6" (17cm) wide and 7" (19cm) deep||3" (10cm) high, 7" (20cm) wide and 7" (19cm) deep||6" (16cm) high, 17" (44cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep||4" (12cm) high, 7" (19cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep|
|Number of bricks||321||695||780||1032||744|
Discover the architectural secrets of Frank Lloyd Wright's Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. This accurately detailed LEGO model faithfully recreates the curves and distinctive lines that have made this building an architectural icon for the last half-century. The simple, grid-patterned facade of the annex tower complements the main building with its circular rotundas, while buildable exterior elements depict a section of New York City's 5th Avenue Museum Mile, complete with its signature yellow cabs. The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright's architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to heighten the authenticity of the model.
Top customer reviews
These are smaller than similarly priced, complex Lego Creator sets, with tiny, often monochrome, blocks, and the eventual creations feature only external landmark features, unlike some of the big sets where you build interior and exterior details.
Because of this, and their sleekness, they don't have a high "play" factor, beyond the build itself, for kids, but do look good as a display, and are easier to keep together than some Lego sets, though be aware each build seems to have its own scale, so the White House, for instance, is 10x the size of the New York skyline, which in turn is 1/3 as tall as the Eiffel Tower, so don't expect to create a cohesive world landmark collection. Each model seems to stand on its own terms.
I was initially skeptical of this series, for all the reasons above, for my still-fairly-young-son, but he bought the Eiffel Tower model with his birthday money a few years back, and has been asking for more Architecture series sets ever since. This museum depiction is the first where he was previously unfamiliar with the actual structure, though building this did lead him to want to more about the Guggenheim and what makes it architecturally unique.
All in all, a strong set, with interesting features that my son enjoyed building and is now enjoying displaying.