LEGO Architecture 21030 United States Capitol Building Kit (1032 Piece)
|You Save:||$30.29 (30%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features the Capitol's neoclassical facade, dome, colonnades, north and south wings, steps and lawns, remove the dome to access the rotunda, featuring columns, 8 statue elements and a tiled floor
- The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (English language only. Other languages available for download at LEGO.com/architecture)
- LEGO Architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, design, history and architecture
- Measures over 6" (16cm) high, 17" (44cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep
- The scale of this model matches the LEGO Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Build a LEGO brick model of one of the world's most architecturally impressive and symbolically important structures. Located in Washington DC, the United States Capitol is a magnificent example of neoclassical architecture covering more than 1.5 million square feet and with over 600 rooms and miles of corridors. The building that we see today is the result of several major periods of construction that have taken place since president George Washington first laid the cornerstone on September 18, 1793. This meticulously detailed LEGO Architecture interpretation of the U.S. Capitol focuses on the structure's striking white, columned facade with its famous steps and lawns, and features a removable dome for access to a detailed interior depicting the famous National Statuary Hall, complete with columns, statues and tiled floor.
Top Customer Reviews
is an excellent Lego rendition of this iconic architecture.
It is one of my favorites and I am proud to own it.
It takes some extra patience when building because many of the smaller Lego elements
must be stacked & mounted as straight as possible to make it look its best.
So I would say that even though it is a fairly easy build, it is also challenging.
The overall model looks great. I just have so much respect for the designers. The rotunda all by itself is mind-boggling and I love they way the handled the rows of pillars across the entry ways. Most of the exterior walls are built of 1x1 angular bricks, some facing inward to create rows of square windows, others facing outward to suggest arches & round windows. There is an interior space detailing the floor under the rotunda, including a circle of statues, that can be viewed by lifting the rotunda off; a nice little touch. The finished model is very impressive on display, 18" wide and about 8" high.
One gripe & one suggestion. First my only complaint, the back side of the model does not have nearly the level of detail as the front and sides. This is a real pity because the actual Capital Building has some unique features on the front & rear faces, and I would like to see the designer tackle both. I'm sure this was a cost saving decision made to keep the price & piece-count down, but it's a shame that the model isn't equally detailed from all sides.
And a suggestion: Unlike some large Lego projects, the bags in this kit are not numbered. This is a shame, as it's really nice to open one bag at a time and only deal with the pieces needed in the next few steps. So, before starting, get yourself several bowls and a baking tray, open all the bags and sort non-white pieces by color, sort the ocean of blue pieces by size and type. This will definitely pay off in reduced frustration as you work.