LEGO BATMAN MOVIE The Batwing 70916 Building Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Build Batman’s awesome jet with multi-mode wings, a secret mini-car and disc shooters!
- Featured in THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE
- Includes Batman, Robin and Harley Quinn with buildable rapid-fire cannon and hammer
- THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Batwing vehicle is over 5” high, 12” long and 18” wide in flight mode, and over 3” high, 12” long and 20” wide in landing mode. Harley Quinn’s cannon is over 2” high, 3” long and 1” wide. Mini-car is over 1” high, 1” long and 1” wide
- 1053 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 14 years old
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Bring Home This Set For Your Caped Crusader!
If your builder loved The Lego Batman movie, then they’ll love this Lego Batman Movie Batwing set! Your super hero will get lost in the Batman world for hours with this exciting set!
- Builders can patrol Gotham City from the sky on the Batwing
- Includes multiple models in one set for added value and group play
- Makes a great gift for any Batman fan
Fly high above Gotham city in the batwing and battle against Harley Quinn with Batman and Robin in this cool the LEGO BATMAN MOVIE: the batwing set. The batwing features an opening dual minifigure cockpit for Batman and Robin, rotating boosters, adjustable wings for flight and landing modes, two spring-loaded shooters, two disc shooters and an opening rear compartment with a car inside. Harley Quinn has a mobile cannon with a six-stud rapid shooter. This action-packed kids toy includes three minifigures with weapons and accessory elements including batman’s Batarang and Harley’s hammer.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The build isn't complex, but the silhouette is wonderful. It has a pretty good price per part ratio though feels a bit light on minifigs. One more would have been great, especially since you can get Harley Quinn (without the skirt) from a cheaper set and you probably already have a pile of Batman figures already.
If you're a Batman fan, this set is really nice. If you're a LEGO Batman fan, do yourself a favor and pick this one up!
In addition to the Batwing, the kit also includes a secondary bat vehicle that stores inside the Batwing, and the Batman, Robin and Harley Quinn minifigures, the Harley Quinn hammer and her Gatling gun.
The Batwing has an impressive 21” wingspan and is larger than both the Scuttler (70908) and the Batmobile (70905). Inside the cockpit, there is room for both Batman and Robin. At the rear of the Batwing is the storage compartment for the mini bat vehicle. The dual engines can rotate 360 degrees for vertical take off and landings as well as flight mode in any direction. Additionally, the wings can adjust up to 90 degrees from horizontal to downward vertical for those times when Batman has to race though tight spaces. For firepower, the Batwing can shoot both bat disks and red bat missiles.
I have really enjoyed building all the vehicles from the Batman movie and I hope that Lego recreates all the other vehicles from the movie as additional kits. Currently, this kit is one of my favorite Lego kits.
The Lego Batman Movie Batwing set comes with 1053 pieces ... it's a fairly big set and lots of fun to build.
The age for this set is 9 to Adult, mostly due to the detail oriented instructions. The instructions are complex, this is an advanced set - the instructions actually have 301 steps ... They're easy to follow and the set goes together as other Lego sets do, but this is simply not a set for a younger builder to tackle on their own. The suggested age for this set is true to it's complexity.
If I had to pick a drawback to this set - it is the lack of minifigs. This set has only 3 minifigs - Batman, Robin and Harley Quinn. I'm guessing, since Harley Quinn is a much sought after minifig, that's the reason they're only including 3 - most Lego collectors will buy the set, simply to get the Harley Quinn figure.
( If you're a collector, or even an enthusiast, you should check out BrickLink and BrickSet - they're great resources for all things Lego )
If I had to be very critical - the lack of color in the set is also a minor drawback ... it's largely just black bricks.
Another reason this set isn't for the youngsters - it contains launchers! Yes, and they work !!! They're fun to use and it's nice to have them included and they give the set an added dimension of playability.
Some Details From Lego :
- The Batwing features an opening dual minifigure cockpit for Batman and Robin, rotating boosters, adjustable wings for flight and landing modes, 2 spring-loaded shooters, 2 disc shooters and an opening rear compartment with a car inside.
- Harley Quinn has a mobile cannon with a 6-stud rapid shooter.
- Batwing measures over 5” (15cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 18” (48cm) wide in flight mode, and over 3” (9cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 20” (53cm) wide in landing mode.
- Car measures over 1” (2.5cm) high, 1” (5cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- Harley’s cannon measures over 2” (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
All in all - a fun Lego set with a lot of bricks. The four stars, instead of five, is simply because I feel, for the price, more minifigures should have been included.
Refer to the many images and videos here for descriptions of the interactive, moving features: shooting disks and darts, bending flaps and wings, opening compartments, the works.
To get over 1000 pieces for under a hundred bucks - this is a good deal in Lego land, and I don't expect it to last. Get it while you can, before it's only available on the auction sites for three times as much.