Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 23, 2013
My son and I play this game together. He's a 4-year old who can't get enough of the Batman/Marvel universe, and this game is PERFECT for us.

For starters, the controls are simple enough to grasp and my little guy was up and running after a few short game sessions. Since we only play for 30 minutes at a time, it's nice that we can finish a level/stage and he feels accomplished when I say it's time to stop playing.

The graphics are great - bright, fun, and movie like. Since we also watch the accompanying movie - a lot - it's nice that the game looks like what he watches on TV and he gets to play out the movie on his own.

Like I mentioned before, the controls are easy to get a hang of and the camera never gets in your way. I remember playing through the first Batman game demo and if one of the characters went too far to one side of the screen, it would pull the other player off buildings, bridges...which was incredibly frustrating for my son. I'm glad the camera splits, and the developers did it effectively.

We haven't finished the single player campaign yet, but this game certainly has re-play value. If you're looking for a game to play with your kids, this game should be at the top of your list.

From my perspective, I'm a Call of Duty/Battlefield/Splinter Cell type gamer, the game is fun, fast-paced, and it keeps me interested in collecting gold bricks and unlocking characters. I might not have purchased this game if I didn't have a little guy, but I'm glad I did. I'm looking forward to playing through the campaign so we can play through the levels free-play style and can switch guys.
on July 20, 2014
The world is epic, the game play is great, the puzzling is almost as good as first batman.
This game is an experience to be had, vivid action play.

Other Must get kids games:
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Xbox 360 (3-6 year old, 2 player, easy and fun)
Toy Story 3 The Video Game - Playstation 3 (3-9 year old+, 2 player, FPS for kids)
Rio - Xbox 360 (3-9 year old+, 4 player, 30+ Party games for kids)
Lego Batman (3-7 year old+, 2 player, puzzler, 3rd person shooter)
Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (4-10 year olds, 4 player, fast action w/mini games, pure arcade play)
Rayman Origins - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old, 4 player, arcade side scroll er)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old+, 2 player, huge world, action-adventure, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360 (4-12 year olds, 2 player, nice variety of puzzle-gameplay, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars - Xbox 360 (5-9 year old+, 2 player, RTS game for kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes (5-14 year olds, 2 player, younger players need to play with older player to navigate world, gameplay fan-tastic, low puzzles)
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Xbox 360 (6-14 year olds, 2 player, my son at 5 struggles but can play with heavy guidance from me, fun game, dad approved, low puzzles)
Minecraft - Xbox 360 (6-17 year olds, 2 player (can be large multiplayer) creative gameplay)
Rest of Lego games are all worth playing, if it wasn't for lego games XBOX would be a vast wasteland for kids under age 8. :)
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2013
This game has some very great elements. Wonderful graphics, multiplayer is pretty good, and controls are easy and the game is pretty fun. There are huge annoyances.

Unlike games like Arkham Asylum where you are in a well defined story, this game leaves you in a huge world where you have to find a vast amount of items to fulfill the game's requirements. When you are in story mode I have found myself stuck because I didn't know where to go or what to do next. There is an Alfred help mode, though it is helpful, nothing is more frustrating than being stuck and having a British Butler either clear his throat or say "Excuse me Sir". It is often helpful, but it can be annoying when you are stuck.

It is often buggy, I have found myself repeating hours of game play because the game froze before I could save. This happened a few times, so please save every time you can.

Overall this game is pretty good. It is a fun multiplayer game with wonderful graphics and great gameplay. The things that I do not like are the lack of clear story and direction at times as well as the frequent crashes. The bugs and crashes have ruined hours of time for me.
on July 8, 2016
This has to be my favorite video game. I can't get enough of running around smashing things. I love video games with a passion, so much so that back in the early 90's I would fake sick so my mom, who was cleaning houses in the southern California area for extra money, would be forced to take me along so I could pay the rich kids video games.

This was the first Lego video game I played and I was hooked. I had to buy this one because I had my nephews over a lot and - like any kids - they come to see my xbox360 - and not me! So imagine how sad I was when my nephews LOST my favorite game. (which they both swore was the other person.) They're cute though so I couldn't get too mad. But that says how much of a good game this is - if someone is willing to buy it TWICE!

Well, you know what my recommendation is - buy the game! If you have young kids - its easy enough for them to just walk around and smash the tables and enemies before they get bored of it and want to play something else. Older kids will be able to follow the story line.

I've added some screenshots of game play, they aren't mine, I got them from a walk through - speaking of that. If you want get stuck I always refer to a walk through, I tried to put a link to it here but amazon deleted it. Just google Lego Batman Walkthrough I'm sure youll come up with a good one :)

review imagereview image
on December 30, 2014
My boys (aged 3, 4, and 5) absolutely love this game. Two are able to play at once and they switch out on their own with the third child whenever one of them dies. It's very cute to hear them talk the characters as they walk around. This was actually the first game my 4 and 5 year old ever beat. Our copy fell inside our staircase (explain how that happens!) and here I am to purchase this game again because they miss it so much, despite having the 1st and now he 3rd versions of this game. Great Lego game for young kids. No blood, just Lego pieces spill out from enemies you defeat. This game has taught them some large, interesting vocabulary words that are hilarious to hear them use correctly outside of the game. I'd highly recommend this game.
on March 26, 2014
This is more or less exactly the same as every other Lego Whatever game. Not that that's a bad thing entirely. They are fun games, but I played it before, and that one was better.

I really hate how they have actually given voices to the characters in this one as opposed to the previous entry I played, Lego Star Wars 2. Part of the charm about that was the pantomime cut scene replaying the scenes from Lego Star Wars in homorous and animated (pun not intended) ways. Of course this doesn't translate entirely to an original Batman story, but the cut scenes with the full voice acting were overly long and dull. The voices didn't really work for me across the board, but frankly I was mostly just upset that they were there.

Other than that the gameplay was as far as I could tell identical. So that's to say that it was pretty fun, but again. Been there. Done that.
on July 21, 2015
I loved the Harry Potter LEGO games, so I decided to give the Batman games a shot. I didn't play the first one, so I can't compare those at all. However, I'm a huge Batman/DC fan so I had fairly high expectations on this. I wasn't disappointed.
The story was short, I'll agree with the other reviews. However, I loved wandering around Gotham just doing things. I love open world games, but I really wasn't expecting to like an open world LEGO game. I guess I'm enough of a DC fan, that the other little gripes everyone had didn't matter.
Now, I bought this late in the game (a week before Batman 3 came out) so it was immediately trumped by the next one, but still worth a shot on it's own.
on August 25, 2013
The original lego batman game is based on the standard lego game design. Easy to start levels and know what levels are next. About 30 levels in total. This new game has only about 18 with half of them being vehicle based levels which get repetitive. Also its more difficult to find the next level because this game has an open world hub where you must drive , fly or walk to the next level start point. These are normally not things I would complain about but this is a game geared towards kids. The first lego batman I could turn on and my sons 6yr and 4yr could play together easily. This one requires me to be there to start the next level and help them understand the map and where to go. There is still a lot of fun to be had , its just a little harder to find it.
on January 3, 2016
My son's pretty obsessed with this game and prefers this out of the Lego Batman series. its a great game for just about any age and it's nice to have games like this for the younger game players. My son was able to figure the game out pretty quickly but there are some more difficult stages depending on the player's age and their skill level. Fun for one or two player where you can play by split screen. You can get quite a bit of gameplay out of these games without having it get too repetitive.
on October 24, 2014
As with all the lego super-hero games it gives Batman and robin a collection of delightfully idiotic costumes:
Robin's acrobat suit - and how it's giant gerbil-ball function works - is particularly absurd;
but that as they say is the point.

The whole dynamic of "[destroy everything for points]" is simultaneously satisfying for the adult; and disconcerting when you consider that this game is marketed for kids as young as 10

I like to babble to myself as I'm destroying things; in my best gruff voice
"Leave me alone Robin." as I pummel parkbenches and unsuspecting street lamps until they explode in lego studs.

Driving the Batmobile around town is essentially like Grand Theft Auto; sans the cops
The batmobile has guns; and you can run over people; shot them and blow up cars.

For some reason if you are riding - say a lion - around as the flash... the lion goes superfast just as the Flash would.
Imaginative and quirky silliness abounds.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.