Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 3, 2014
I am not going to lie... I bought these for myself...a 36 year old male. This set has a lot of cool pieces beyond the standard set that makes it an awesome buy.
153 helpful votes
154 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 1, 2014
9 year old loved it as did his 4 year old brother. Good mix of large and small parts included
44 helpful votes
45 helpful votes
on November 29, 2014
I bought this product for a 2014 Christmas gift for my grandson. While recently visiting, he discovered his mom's old Lego set from the late 1970's, which we had saved all these years as a toy for our grandchildren to use. It is a very good basic starter set with the basic pieces, some people figures, fences, windows, wheel devices, etc. It allows children to create their own objects and thus stimulates their creativity. We did not see him for about two days. At 5 years, he built as many things as his imagination could muster. I went to the Lego store at our local mall to purchase a similar product and this Creative Bucket was as close as I could find. While it lacks many of the accessories of our old set, it does have most of the basic pieces. It seems Lego "themes" most of its products. Some are truly amazing, but I believe a 5 year old is better served by a basic set that will stimulate his creativity.
5 helpful votes
on September 10, 2014
This is the ultimate Lego starter kit. It has all the basic pieces you could need. Some of the pieces are silly, like the build-your-own Lego person and the rotating square "steering wheel," but I think they just give kids more options on how to build. This kit is better for making buildings, or as the directions suggest, animals. It only has one pair of axles and wheels, so this is not great if your builder wants space ships or a fleet of army tanks.
One down-side is that some of the tiny bricks already have cracks in them after only two months of use, but I don't think they will end up breaking and the bricks still work fine. This is true for the other Lego sets we own as well.
26 helpful votes
27 helpful votes
on August 2, 2014
Great set and lots of variety. My son (4.5) was very happy to receive this bin of Lego bricks and played with it for about 2 hours straight. We already had a base plate, so we built the animals pictured on the bin and built some homes for them on the base plate and had a great time.

The bricks fill about half of the bin, so there is plenty of space to add another 600 or so pieces. I recommend buying a bunch of the larger bricks if you like to build houses and maybe a Lego education series set of roofs and windows to round out the set. There are 4 wheels in here to build one vehicle, but grabbing a small vehicle set can cost as little as 6 dollars. As an added bonus the creator line car sets allow you to build 3 different designs. Add some minifigs and a green base plate and you have all you need to build a nice house, a pig pen, some fences, a bunch of farm animals, and some vehicles. Instant farm playset and all the pieces you need for your kids to use their imaginations as they get older and want to make more complex and varied items.
on June 24, 2014
This is one of the least expensive ways to buy random Legos. Most of the time my kids like to build the sets, but sometimes free play is the ticket. Personally, as a 34 yo, I prefer just having a bucket of random Legos, just like I did as a kid. I made an awesome bomber complete with jet engines and rockets! and it had a smiley face!

These are good blocks that will provide hours and hours of play. I recommend getting set 6177 to go with it. This set has lots of the small pieces and eyeballs that are fun. Set 6177 has tons of standard blocks that are necessary for building rad battle forts and dinosaur lairs. Together they are perfect.

607 pieces sounds like a lot, but it is not. You will want to add to this set eventually.

It comes with a nice booklet that has instructions for a couple dozen different things you can build with this set. It is a good starting point for your imagination.
on April 8, 2014
Great set for building random things. Wish it had more than 4 wheels so the kids wouldn't fight over who gets to build a car.
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
on December 11, 2014
Wish I woulda shopped around a bit before purchasing. After buying theses for my kid for $49.99 I saw the same set @ toys r us for $29.99. But I guess that's my fault. Just thought I'd let people know this set is crazy expensive.
5 helpful votes
on December 15, 2014
Decent set - my daughter has been enjoying it - but I wish it came with windows, doors, (more) roof tiles, etc. However, I would NOT pay the almost $80 that is being charged right now. I paid $29.99 back in October, and that seems much more reasonable given how pricey Legos are in the first place.
3 helpful votes
on January 14, 2015
This is a great Lego assortment to get your child's collection started. Not only is there a great variety of standard brick sizes in several different colors, this bucket includes smaller unique parts for assembling a variety of animals, as well as parts for a vehicle and a person (in case you don't have any minifigs on hand). The bucket also has enough empty space to hold more Legos as the collection begins to grow, and the lid snaps in place to help prevent accidental spills. The bucket even comes with a booklet containing an inventory of which pieces are in the set, as well as assembly instructions for the various animals and other objects seen on the box's labeling.