Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 3, 2014
I am not going to lie... I bought these for myself...a 36 year old male. This set has a lot of cool pieces beyond the standard set that makes it an awesome buy.
11 comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2014
So glad to find a source of assorted Lego blocks to provide stimulation for creativity rather than building something according to the printed plans and pictures. I plan to buy more assortments for my grandsons.
on November 29, 2014
I bought this product for a 2014 Christmas gift for my grandson. While recently visiting, he discovered his mom's old Lego set from the late 1970's, which we had saved all these years as a toy for our grandchildren to use. It is a very good basic starter set with the basic pieces, some people figures, fences, windows, wheel devices, etc. It allows children to create their own objects and thus stimulates their creativity. We did not see him for about two days. At 5 years, he built as many things as his imagination could muster. I went to the Lego store at our local mall to purchase a similar product and this Creative Bucket was as close as I could find. While it lacks many of the accessories of our old set, it does have most of the basic pieces. It seems Lego "themes" most of its products. Some are truly amazing, but I believe a 5 year old is better served by a basic set that will stimulate his creativity.
on August 2, 2014
Great set and lots of variety. My son (4.5) was very happy to receive this bin of Lego bricks and played with it for about 2 hours straight. We already had a base plate, so we built the animals pictured on the bin and built some homes for them on the base plate and had a great time.

The bricks fill about half of the bin, so there is plenty of space to add another 600 or so pieces. I recommend buying a bunch of the larger bricks if you like to build houses and maybe a Lego education series set of roofs and windows to round out the set. There are 4 wheels in here to build one vehicle, but grabbing a small vehicle set can cost as little as 6 dollars. As an added bonus the creator line car sets allow you to build 3 different designs. Add some minifigs and a green base plate and you have all you need to build a nice house, a pig pen, some fences, a bunch of farm animals, and some vehicles. Instant farm playset and all the pieces you need for your kids to use their imaginations as they get older and want to make more complex and varied items.
on June 24, 2014
This is one of the least expensive ways to buy random Legos. Most of the time my kids like to build the sets, but sometimes free play is the ticket. Personally, as a 34 yo, I prefer just having a bucket of random Legos, just like I did as a kid. I made an awesome bomber complete with jet engines and rockets! and it had a smiley face!

These are good blocks that will provide hours and hours of play. I recommend getting set 6177 to go with it. This set has lots of the small pieces and eyeballs that are fun. Set 6177 has tons of standard blocks that are necessary for building rad battle forts and dinosaur lairs. Together they are perfect.

607 pieces sounds like a lot, but it is not. You will want to add to this set eventually.

It comes with a nice booklet that has instructions for a couple dozen different things you can build with this set. It is a good starting point for your imagination.
on January 14, 2015
This is a great Lego assortment to get your child's collection started. Not only is there a great variety of standard brick sizes in several different colors, this bucket includes smaller unique parts for assembling a variety of animals, as well as parts for a vehicle and a person (in case you don't have any minifigs on hand). The bucket also has enough empty space to hold more Legos as the collection begins to grow, and the lid snaps in place to help prevent accidental spills. The bucket even comes with a booklet containing an inventory of which pieces are in the set, as well as assembly instructions for the various animals and other objects seen on the box's labeling.
on April 1, 2014
9 year old loved it as did his 4 year old brother. Good mix of large and small parts included
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2014
Decent set - my daughter has been enjoying it - but I wish it came with windows, doors, (more) roof tiles, etc. However, I would NOT pay the almost $80 that is being charged right now. I paid $29.99 back in October, and that seems much more reasonable given how pricey Legos are in the first place.
on February 21, 2015
These are a bit small for our kids, who are 3 and 5. They just have trouble taking some of the smaller ones apart. the thin 1x2 bricks are essentially inseparable if they get stuck to each other, I have to use a knife to get them apart.

Only comes with one face brick, and it's a full height 1x2. Also, there are no flat pieces so don't expect to make a landscape or anything.

Very good set for encouraging creative play! I wish I could find a set to basically double it, without getting any more overlapping pieces.
on December 13, 2017
Unable to make all the animals shown due to lack of bricks. What a disappointment! Unbelievable price for something that is incomplete. Unless you have a large stash of extra bricks, don't buy this thing.