Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 484 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 514 reviews
on April 3, 2014
I am not going to lie... I bought these for myself...a 36 year old male. This set has a lot of cool pieces beyond the standard set that makes it an awesome buy.
11 comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2014
9 year old loved it as did his 4 year old brother. Good mix of large and small parts included
on September 29, 2014
So glad to find a source of assorted Lego blocks to provide stimulation for creativity rather than building something according to the printed plans and pictures. I plan to buy more assortments for my grandsons.
on November 29, 2014
I bought this product for a 2014 Christmas gift for my grandson. While recently visiting, he discovered his mom's old Lego set from the late 1970's, which we had saved all these years as a toy for our grandchildren to use. It is a very good basic starter set with the basic pieces, some people figures, fences, windows, wheel devices, etc. It allows children to create their own objects and thus stimulates their creativity. We did not see him for about two days. At 5 years, he built as many things as his imagination could muster. I went to the Lego store at our local mall to purchase a similar product and this Creative Bucket was as close as I could find. While it lacks many of the accessories of our old set, it does have most of the basic pieces. It seems Lego "themes" most of its products. Some are truly amazing, but I believe a 5 year old is better served by a basic set that will stimulate his creativity.
on February 27, 2015
Got this for a gift for a 5 year old through Salvation Army - I got a note saying the boy really wanted Legos. At first i thought about maybe a star wars set or something like that. But then thought back on my childhood and the MEGA bucket and how many hundreds of hours i spent making anything that I thought up of. Unfortunately i Couldnt afford the MEGA Blocks because i wanted this kid to open more than 1 gift for Christmas. So i went a step down got this, which at over 600 peices, should help get this kids Lego obsession started!!
on September 10, 2014
This is the ultimate Lego starter kit. It has all the basic pieces you could need. Some of the pieces are silly, like the build-your-own Lego person and the rotating square "steering wheel," but I think they just give kids more options on how to build. This kit is better for making buildings, or as the directions suggest, animals. It only has one pair of axles and wheels, so this is not great if your builder wants space ships or a fleet of army tanks.
One down-side is that some of the tiny bricks already have cracks in them after only two months of use, but I don't think they will end up breaking and the bricks still work fine. This is true for the other Lego sets we own as well.
on August 2, 2014
Great set and lots of variety. My son (4.5) was very happy to receive this bin of Lego bricks and played with it for about 2 hours straight. We already had a base plate, so we built the animals pictured on the bin and built some homes for them on the base plate and had a great time.

The bricks fill about half of the bin, so there is plenty of space to add another 600 or so pieces. I recommend buying a bunch of the larger bricks if you like to build houses and maybe a Lego education series set of roofs and windows to round out the set. There are 4 wheels in here to build one vehicle, but grabbing a small vehicle set can cost as little as 6 dollars. As an added bonus the creator line car sets allow you to build 3 different designs. Add some minifigs and a green base plate and you have all you need to build a nice house, a pig pen, some fences, a bunch of farm animals, and some vehicles. Instant farm playset and all the pieces you need for your kids to use their imaginations as they get older and want to make more complex and varied items.
on June 24, 2014
This is one of the least expensive ways to buy random Legos. Most of the time my kids like to build the sets, but sometimes free play is the ticket. Personally, as a 34 yo, I prefer just having a bucket of random Legos, just like I did as a kid. I made an awesome bomber complete with jet engines and rockets! and it had a smiley face!

These are good blocks that will provide hours and hours of play. I recommend getting set 6177 to go with it. This set has lots of the small pieces and eyeballs that are fun. Set 6177 has tons of standard blocks that are necessary for building rad battle forts and dinosaur lairs. Together they are perfect.

607 pieces sounds like a lot, but it is not. You will want to add to this set eventually.

It comes with a nice booklet that has instructions for a couple dozen different things you can build with this set. It is a good starting point for your imagination.
on April 8, 2014
Great set for building random things. Wish it had more than 4 wheels so the kids wouldn't fight over who gets to build a car.
on December 11, 2014
Wish I woulda shopped around a bit before purchasing. After buying theses for my kid for $49.99 I saw the same set @ toys r us for $29.99. But I guess that's my fault. Just thought I'd let people know this set is crazy expensive.