Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Carrie Underwood All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on April 1, 2014
9 year old loved it as did his 4 year old brother. Good mix of large and small parts included
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2014
I bought this product for a 2014 Christmas gift for my grandson. While recently visiting, he discovered his mom's old Lego set from the late 1970's, which we had saved all these years as a toy for our grandchildren to use. It is a very good basic starter set with the basic pieces, some people figures, fences, windows, wheel devices, etc. It allows children to create their own objects and thus stimulates their creativity. We did not see him for about two days. At 5 years, he built as many things as his imagination could muster. I went to the Lego store at our local mall to purchase a similar product and this Creative Bucket was as close as I could find. While it lacks many of the accessories of our old set, it does have most of the basic pieces. It seems Lego "themes" most of its products. Some are truly amazing, but I believe a 5 year old is better served by a basic set that will stimulate his creativity.
on April 3, 2014
I am not going to lie... I bought these for myself...a 36 year old male. This set has a lot of cool pieces beyond the standard set that makes it an awesome buy.
11 comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 10, 2014
This is the ultimate Lego starter kit. It has all the basic pieces you could need. Some of the pieces are silly, like the build-your-own Lego person and the rotating square "steering wheel," but I think they just give kids more options on how to build. This kit is better for making buildings, or as the directions suggest, animals. It only has one pair of axles and wheels, so this is not great if your builder wants space ships or a fleet of army tanks.
One down-side is that some of the tiny bricks already have cracks in them after only two months of use, but I don't think they will end up breaking and the bricks still work fine. This is true for the other Lego sets we own as well.
on December 13, 2017
Unable to make all the animals shown due to lack of bricks. What a disappointment! Unbelievable price for something that is incomplete. Unless you have a large stash of extra bricks, don't buy this thing.
on August 2, 2014
Great set and lots of variety. My son (4.5) was very happy to receive this bin of Lego bricks and played with it for about 2 hours straight. We already had a base plate, so we built the animals pictured on the bin and built some homes for them on the base plate and had a great time.

The bricks fill about half of the bin, so there is plenty of space to add another 600 or so pieces. I recommend buying a bunch of the larger bricks if you like to build houses and maybe a Lego education series set of roofs and windows to round out the set. There are 4 wheels in here to build one vehicle, but grabbing a small vehicle set can cost as little as 6 dollars. As an added bonus the creator line car sets allow you to build 3 different designs. Add some minifigs and a green base plate and you have all you need to build a nice house, a pig pen, some fences, a bunch of farm animals, and some vehicles. Instant farm playset and all the pieces you need for your kids to use their imaginations as they get older and want to make more complex and varied items.
on January 16, 2018
Quality lego products. It has several handy pieces to have around. I would love to see a set of the more standard building blocks but this has a good selection.
on June 24, 2014
This is one of the least expensive ways to buy random Legos. Most of the time my kids like to build the sets, but sometimes free play is the ticket. Personally, as a 34 yo, I prefer just having a bucket of random Legos, just like I did as a kid. I made an awesome bomber complete with jet engines and rockets! and it had a smiley face!

These are good blocks that will provide hours and hours of play. I recommend getting set 6177 to go with it. This set has lots of the small pieces and eyeballs that are fun. Set 6177 has tons of standard blocks that are necessary for building rad battle forts and dinosaur lairs. Together they are perfect.

607 pieces sounds like a lot, but it is not. You will want to add to this set eventually.

It comes with a nice booklet that has instructions for a couple dozen different things you can build with this set. It is a good starting point for your imagination.
on April 8, 2014
Great set for building random things. Wish it had more than 4 wheels so the kids wouldn't fight over who gets to build a car.
on December 11, 2014
Wish I woulda shopped around a bit before purchasing. After buying theses for my kid for $49.99 I saw the same set @ toys r us for $29.99. But I guess that's my fault. Just thought I'd let people know this set is crazy expensive.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.