Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 482 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on April 3, 2014
I am not going to lie... I bought these for myself...a 36 year old male. This set has a lot of cool pieces beyond the standard set that makes it an awesome buy.
11 comment| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2014
9 year old loved it as did his 4 year old brother. Good mix of large and small parts included
on March 5, 2014
I ordered what I thought was a good basic set and sent it right back (had to pay a return fee). It had mostly tiny pieces and not enough bigger ones to be useful. The price ($53.77) was also ridiculous. That experience taught me to read reviews and check other place for prices before ordering any Lego sets. The $29.99 price I paid for this set is the right price for this selection of Legos, not the $50 or so amount many sellers are charging.

This set (#10662) has a good selection of basic bricks in a variety of sizes.
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2014
This is the ultimate Lego starter kit. It has all the basic pieces you could need. Some of the pieces are silly, like the build-your-own Lego person and the rotating square "steering wheel," but I think they just give kids more options on how to build. This kit is better for making buildings, or as the directions suggest, animals. It only has one pair of axles and wheels, so this is not great if your builder wants space ships or a fleet of army tanks.
One down-side is that some of the tiny bricks already have cracks in them after only two months of use, but I don't think they will end up breaking and the bricks still work fine. This is true for the other Lego sets we own as well.
on March 10, 2014
This is a great basic set for a reasonable price. The included instructions and pieces let you build some really cute zoo and farm animals.
on September 29, 2014
So glad to find a source of assorted Lego blocks to provide stimulation for creativity rather than building something according to the printed plans and pictures. I plan to buy more assortments for my grandsons.
on April 22, 2014
Gave it hours of play for my 12 and 6 year olds, they can sit side by side building all sorts of things and help each other. It is very cute.
on April 8, 2014
Great set for building random things. Wish it had more than 4 wheels so the kids wouldn't fight over who gets to build a car.
on November 29, 2014
I bought this product for a 2014 Christmas gift for my grandson. While recently visiting, he discovered his mom's old Lego set from the late 1970's, which we had saved all these years as a toy for our grandchildren to use. It is a very good basic starter set with the basic pieces, some people figures, fences, windows, wheel devices, etc. It allows children to create their own objects and thus stimulates their creativity. We did not see him for about two days. At 5 years, he built as many things as his imagination could muster. I went to the Lego store at our local mall to purchase a similar product and this Creative Bucket was as close as I could find. While it lacks many of the accessories of our old set, it does have most of the basic pieces. It seems Lego "themes" most of its products. Some are truly amazing, but I believe a 5 year old is better served by a basic set that will stimulate his creativity.
on December 11, 2014
Wish I woulda shopped around a bit before purchasing. After buying theses for my kid for $49.99 I saw the same set @ toys r us for $29.99. But I guess that's my fault. Just thought I'd let people know this set is crazy expensive.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.