Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 3, 2014
Great selection in building bricks. I wish the container was all plastic, not just the lid. Be sure to add on a building plate if you do not have one.
on February 1, 2014
You can't do anything with those kits that only have 100 pieces or so. This is great for the toddler becoming a kid and needing smaller pieces and more of them to actually build more than a single house. Container is great to keep them stored when done. The clencher for me was the price. I searched walmart/kmart/target/toys r us....this is the only set with this many pieces for this price. This is a standard for any up and coming builder!
on April 26, 2017
Even though my kid is almost 5 yrs old, she is not quite ready for the small pieces after being used to Duplo. She wanted higher and higher and 600 small pieces just does not go high but they do get lost and require patience cleaning up. Ouch if you step on one with bare feet. I still had to get her big bricks, now she's excited to build again. She uses some small pieces as accents. Lego does seem much much smaller to me now as an adult.
on March 12, 2014
I could do without the sorting lid. The box is cardboard, and the lid is plastic. It would be more useful to put these in an oversized plastic box that you can close. When I was a kid my mom bought a bunch of large, square Tupperware cake boxes to store our Legos in. She made a big drop cloth for us too. We would dump all our pieces on the cloth, build and do whatever, then fold the cloth and just dump pieces into the boxes for easy clean up.

I wish Lego made more generic sets of bricks that weren't themed with some pop culture IP. Generic bricks are difficult to find and frequently sold out.
on May 6, 2014
I wanted legos that my little girl could play with that weren't the specific "girl" Legos that make you build a specific thing. With this package, she can either build what's in the directions or build her own thing and they come in a great container. I also bought the square Lego board that she can build things on to go with it. She loves them.
on January 17, 2015
My grandson loved his new Legos at Christmas. They were delivered prior to when I was told they would be coming, for which I am forever grateful since they were a Christmas gift! The only reason I did not give a five rating is because the box itself is a bit cheap, a hard plastic containter would suit them much better, it would hold up a lot more under the handling of younger children!! Who doesn't love Lego's? :)
on February 15, 2014
This is a good basic set of legos but it coul use another set of wheels and an action figure. The small base included seems less sturdy than the ones of my youth. I added several other smaller themed sets to this in order to get the pieces needed. My newly five year old builds some amazing stuff with the set.
on August 21, 2015
A great starter kit with essential Legos! We got this for our daughter. We hope one day soon Lego will stop segregating the traditional colors from the pink and purple legos and realize that boys want pink and girls want blue... until then we will buy both and mix them up! :)
on February 9, 2014
This is a good universal set, though I do find that there are more tiny little round peices than any little children need. More larger rectangular blocks would be better. This is a nice addition to all those specialty sets that kids want but that aren't very versatile.
on September 3, 2014
This set brought back a lot of nostalgia. It does not have any mini LEGO men, just lots and lots of blocks! Fun for all of us. Plus, the container comes in handy for storing and organizing bricks while you are playing (the top cover, converts into a four section tray). It also comes with a small instruction booklet with some building ideas.