Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 18, 2012
The price, under $15 is in line with what you would pay at a store (Walmart/Target). And the tub is really sturdy - a kid could sit on it. The lid doubles as a kind of tray/sorter. But even for a small-ish tub, it is really empty after you open all the legos (they come in plastic) and dump them in. We had about 300 other legos and added them, but the tub is still really empty (though we have placed some creations inside, so the extra space is useful). It comes with a book for build ideas, but very few blueprints in the book and hard to make multiple creations with the small amount of legos provided (we were lucky to have others). Also, the number of specialized pieces are limited - not a lot with regards to doors, windows, roof pieces, no wheels.

Best use: For a grandparent or household that has visiting children. Enough legos to entertain for a couple of hours and make a few things, but not enough to really build a whole lot of stuff. Great storage box for a closet, think super-sized baby wipe container.

We were looking to buy a base set, then maybe buy a supplemental wheel/car/truck set. This is not the set to buy to do that. I would advise going for the larger tub, then buying some other sets (windows, doors, wheels, etc.) especially if you have several kids playing with it.
83 helpful votes
84 helpful votes
on December 20, 2013
I ordered this for Christmas, and was very surprised to get it today! It was only in transit a few hours it was awesome. Now here's the problem: I paid $37.99 for this, and with the pictures and price I expected a decent sized box. You get this dinky little thing that's not even halfway full! We looked on Walmart.com and the SAME EXACT item is selling at $13 there! I ordered on here using my amazon store card otherwise I definitely would NOT have spent this much. I got lucky and an Amazon rep felt this was false advertising and a total rip off and she pushed a quick refund to my card and allowed me to purchase something else around the same price, and even credited me quick shipping so I'd get it on Monday.

This is NOT WORTH ANYTHING OVER $15! If you see this item for sale for more than $15 bucks, DO NOT BUY IT. You can go to walmart.com and get it or something!
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 15, 2015
Very disappointed with this. I was expecting a box full of legos for the money I paid, instead the legos barely fill 1/4 of the box. Very overpriced and not worth it. Unfortunately, I opened the box in front of my boys so returning it is not an option.
review imagereview imagereview image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 18, 2013
When I ordered this for my daughter for Christmas, I was excited to find Legos at what I thought was a great price, compared to what they charge in stores for Legos. But, upon opening we discovered that you don't get much for your buck. It is very difficult to call these Legos, when it is just the tiniest pieces imaginable. You get more single dots of Legos than you do the larger building pieces, and they are incredibly tiny and easy to lose. They are very difficult to build with. I would say spend the extra $15 or so and buy a real tub of Legos.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 8, 2013
This kit of legos is not only affordable, but is the best starter kit to a kid new to legos. The legos inside only fill it half way up, so that you can add to your new colletion. It comes with a minifigure, and a booklet with building ideas. The booklets that come with legos are great for any age, because they do not have words, so any child can understand them, or get used to reading and understanding them.
Most of the small sets you would get after this one would come in a cardboard box, with multiple mini figs, so this is a great starter because of the amount of legos, and the box to store them in.

5 stars for being affordable, fun, great starter, and the box & booklet that comes with them. Great for any child wanting to get into legos.
on January 28, 2014
For what I received I feel I payed half just for the Lego name. I do like the fact that the box is a nice plastic container instead of a throw away cardboard box, so the kids will easily be able to put away their toys. My other minor complaint to Lego, the toys are meant for little monsters, yes even the mother calls them that, yet you provide a set of design plans on such a fragile instruction booklet. Why not have them printed on plastic playing cards that can withstand a five year old's chaos?

Yes very expensive for what you receive, but the kid put down the sword and played with something that hopefully will inspire
on June 24, 2016
This was a great buy. Not only was shipping very fast but it came packaged very nicely. Lego is a great company and never fails to impress with their quality of products. I would purchase from this seller again and I would purchase this item again should I need more legos in the future. Thank you for the great price and quality!
on December 1, 2015
This was an accidental purchase. I was browsing Legos and by accident hit the "buy it now" button in my search (why is there no confirmation). Disappointed at what I received for the price. For the $69 I paid, I could have gotten the 600 piece box set instead of 232.

++ The Lego set came at lightening speed and packed well.
on March 22, 2014
We love Legos around my house - but I can't help but feel taken when a good number of the pieces are smaller than earrings. Whatever...they should be bonus pieces. Give me more full size bricks...like back in the day.

So - getting past my personal issue with the teeny tiny pieces they count as real pieces - overall it is okay. It's Lego's - how can you go wrong? If you have little kids who still put stuff in their mouths I would keep a eye on them while they play with these.
on December 22, 2013
Looking at this product and seeing it called the "Lego Bricks and More Bricks Box" therefore, I was willing to pay $46.70 for it because it was close to Christmas and I have a little nephew who loves and collects Legos. It seems more than logical to assume that this is a full-sized Lego set with many bricks- . IT IS NO SUCH THING. It is a box with a couple of tiny bags inside filled with minuscule finish pieces for the mini-sized legos- there is not a single actual brick in it.