Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 932 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 999 reviews
on July 28, 2012
I was so excited to receive our new box of LEGOs, knowing my children would be thrilled! It is difficult to find regular LEGOs that don't come in a kit. When we opened them, I was disappointed. Out of all 650 LEGOs (yes, I counted them and they were all there :), there were only 39 of the 2x4's and only 5 larger than that. Almost all the pieces were small...like 1x1 small. If I had known this, I would have looked for something more useful, with a greater number of regular-sized blocks. Out of 650 I expected there to be more than 44! I am disappointed with this LEGO product.
77 comments| 421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2010
This 650 piece set is pretty good. It's all just bricks and seems to have about 3:1 ratio of small 1x4 and 1x2 bricks to 2x2 and 2x3. So if you are looking for the small narrow pieces this set has more of those. Also its just bricks, there's no flat pieces and no wheels or other special pieces. That said, this an ideal supplement for the many Lego games which in my opinion benefit from the smaller pieces. The price is pretty great too.

Hope this helps.
66 comments| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
My son will LOVE these!! I bought them for Christmas so he hasn't seen them yet but he has needed more Lego bricks since we have only bought sets (which only included pieces for that set) before, but now he can build forts and ships he creates, like he wants too. This has plenty of Lego bricks for many uses. My only wish would be that it had some bigger pieces in it. Other than that it is great!!
**Update**Not enough of the BIGGER BRICKS - It is now after Christmas and my son has had plenty of play time with these bricks BUT I now realize that there are so few of the bigger pieces that it is really hard to build anything substantial with this set, like a house or ships, etc. which I had expected from this box of bricks. I am still looking for the bigger Lego bricks in a box like this one, which I thought was in this box but I haven't found any as of yet. Any suggestions on that would be great!! I am a little scared to purchase more big boxes of Lego bricks and waste more money to only have the smaller bricks again, which we now have plenty of. I took off 1 star because of not having more of the bigger bricks in this box. Otherwise it's still a great toy for imagination and plenty of durability too.
on July 14, 2014
Per brick, this is a very inexpensive way to start or add to a collection. The quality is what you would expect from Lego.

My issues with this set are as follows:

-a lot of 1x pieces (TONS of 1x2 and 1x1 pieces)
-Uneven color distribution. I would have liked the colors to contain closer to the same counts of different piece types
-Getting Started Guide. Would have loved to have seen some sort of Getting Started Guide for different ideas (not necessarily full directions) you can make with the pieces in the set, more than just the few pictures on the box. (note here: there is a youtube channel someone has put together with different builds from this set)
-Some sort of base: Not a full 10x10 base but include something to act as a base for building as it makes things much easier.

Having already purchased this set once, I would not purchase it second time unless looking for a good price on bulk, new Legos for someone young or with a limited imagination. The limitations on pieces in this set can hinder what you can build.

Overall: This is a good set for kids or for adults to have around the house to have around (great for tinkering or to use for creative games) but not a good set for someone looking to grow a collection already in progress.
on January 9, 2012
You know when you're building a house, and then there are never enough pieces so that the brick house you're building to stand up to the three little pigs turns out to have red and blue bricks?

I hate that, and I'm guessing you hate that too.

This set is the answer, There are a several colors and a great assortment of sizes. I was able to find enough red bricks to build my house.

The only problem, I now have nothing for my roof -- there are no flat pieces or roof bricks. I guess I'll just have to buy more.
on January 12, 2014
It is 650 pieces, but many of those pieces are the tiny ones with only one connection piece - who needs so many of those! I thought I was giving a better gift but it was a disappointment. Check the details of the 650 pieces and make sure it's really what you want. You may be better off going to the lego site and ordering the pieces you really want.
on October 25, 2009
What's there to say? Tons of blocks in many sizes and many colors, including some "hard to get" colors (lime green and orange). Unfortunately too many 1x1 and 1x2 bricks and not enough 2x3 and 2x4 bricks in my opinion. As a basic building set this box is not recommended, but if you already have a ton of bricks this is a great addition offering good value for money.
on January 31, 2014
Legos are Legos.. how can you go wrong? This is a fantastic "bang for your buck" box of bricks if your kiddo just wants to build structures for his 'guys'. We wanted to order a couple boxes of these as a Christmas gift for our 2 sons, but it was a backordered item & clearly said it would arrive after Christmas - around the 27th. We decided to go ahead & order them, and just explain to the boys they may be late. Much to our surprise, Lego shipped them Next Day Air, and both boxes arrived at Noon on CHRISTMAS EVE!!! We even had free Prime shipping, so we hadn't asked for specialty shipping. VERY IMPRESSED, AMAZON & LEGO!!! Thank you!!!
on July 10, 2013
Good attributes
-Good price per brick
-All bricks, easy to manipulate
-Over Lego quality
-Has some variety in color and size
-Fills need for a mid-sized brick set

Aspects I do not like
-Heavy majority of bricks are in small size or standard color

I bought this set nearly a year ago for my younger siblings to supplement their special pieces from sets with bricks, which the set accomplishes satisfactorily. As a whole the Lego bricks (these and others I have used) are easy to manipulate and last a long time, even with minor lapses of good care. Bricks in particular connect and disconnect easily without breaking apart, though creative use is limited by their number. I like the number of colors included and the size of this set. However, if you are looking for a greater ratio of 2x4 bricks or larger, or any kind of specialty piece, you might look elsewhere. if you are looking for a balanced brick set, this will do the job.
on January 15, 2014
Many many people have rightly mentioned that the ratio of tiny- in fact the smallest made bricks, fill this set with very few of what most people consider to be 'the standard brick' size. In researching this- other sets of plain bricks both,available and retired...contain an equally small amount of the standard brick. Unless someone who works for the company wants to come forward with new information or Lego wants to make a new offering- there is not and apparently never was a bulk box that contained just standard size larger bricks- only combination with mostly smaller bricks. There are some kits still for sale that have more pieces overall than this one but the amount of large standard bricks even in other bulk boxes is the same; give or take literally one or two bricks. A bulk box of 1000 o so large bricks that so many people seem to long for, simply doesn't exist. It would be easier to build with if there were such a thing- but any set of plain bricks is full of mostly small pieces. By large brick I am not referring to the Duplo size...but the 'standard' regular brick 2x8 studs. A bulk box of this size brick of a single or mixed colors simply does not exist- at least as a new set. Perhaps someday this oversight will be corrected but for now people seem to be stuck with more small pieces than they would want.

The basic idea behind the set- of free play and using your imagination to create whatever you want is still a good one, but a single bulk set of thousands of larger 2x8 bricks only is simply not available. If people realize this ahead of time they will be a lot less disappointed.. Hope this helps. As far as creative value and reuse- this still rates five stars; but whatever you want to build- there are not enough big bricks in this single set to build it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.