Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 28, 2012
I was so excited to receive our new box of LEGOs, knowing my children would be thrilled! It is difficult to find regular LEGOs that don't come in a kit. When we opened them, I was disappointed. Out of all 650 LEGOs (yes, I counted them and they were all there :), there were only 39 of the 2x4's and only 5 larger than that. Almost all the pieces were small...like 1x1 small. If I had known this, I would have looked for something more useful, with a greater number of regular-sized blocks. Out of 650 I expected there to be more than 44! I am disappointed with this LEGO product.
77 comments| 425 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2010
This 650 piece set is pretty good. It's all just bricks and seems to have about 3:1 ratio of small 1x4 and 1x2 bricks to 2x2 and 2x3. So if you are looking for the small narrow pieces this set has more of those. Also its just bricks, there's no flat pieces and no wheels or other special pieces. That said, this an ideal supplement for the many Lego games which in my opinion benefit from the smaller pieces. The price is pretty great too.

Hope this helps.
66 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2014
My son will LOVE these!! I bought them for Christmas so he hasn't seen them yet but he has needed more Lego bricks since we have only bought sets (which only included pieces for that set) before, but now he can build forts and ships he creates, like he wants too. This has plenty of Lego bricks for many uses. My only wish would be that it had some bigger pieces in it. Other than that it is great!!
**Update**Not enough of the BIGGER BRICKS - It is now after Christmas and my son has had plenty of play time with these bricks BUT I now realize that there are so few of the bigger pieces that it is really hard to build anything substantial with this set, like a house or ships, etc. which I had expected from this box of bricks. I am still looking for the bigger Lego bricks in a box like this one, which I thought was in this box but I haven't found any as of yet. Any suggestions on that would be great!! I am a little scared to purchase more big boxes of Lego bricks and waste more money to only have the smaller bricks again, which we now have plenty of. I took off 1 star because of not having more of the bigger bricks in this box. Otherwise it's still a great toy for imagination and plenty of durability too.
on May 9, 2013
This is a perfect set of extra bricks if your child likes to make their own creations..however, we were disappointed that not even a small set of directions for some "lego creations by lego" were included. I wrote to the company and they didn't provide any. Otherwise its a good deal and he loves all these extra pcs. But would have enjoyed being able to also follow directions and build something like the other sets have.
on January 12, 2014
It is 650 pieces, but many of those pieces are the tiny ones with only one connection piece - who needs so many of those! I thought I was giving a better gift but it was a disappointment. Check the details of the 650 pieces and make sure it's really what you want. You may be better off going to the lego site and ordering the pieces you really want.
on October 25, 2009
What's there to say? Tons of blocks in many sizes and many colors, including some "hard to get" colors (lime green and orange). Unfortunately too many 1x1 and 1x2 bricks and not enough 2x3 and 2x4 bricks in my opinion. As a basic building set this box is not recommended, but if you already have a ton of bricks this is a great addition offering good value for money.
0Comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2015
Its tough to find a box of legos these days.. Everything is a "set" .. I was happy with this package for my daughter. She wanted legos for christmas. I got a small "set" with some characters and horses and such, and filled out the bucket (which are always mostly empty) with this pack of JUST Blocks.. Perhaps something to keep in mind this is just various size blocks, no special blocks or characters of flowers or anything like that
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 23, 2012
I was pretty excited about this purchase because I wanted more "plain" bricks to build stuff with. I also thought it was a good value for the number of pieces I got. However, I was disappointed that most of the pieces were 1x2 bricks. There were very few 2x4 and 2x2 pieces. It's a good set if you want to build small items like cars or animals. If you want bricks for buildings or houses, try another box.
on January 10, 2013
We have two sets of these blocks, purchased a year apart, so obviously we love them. You can use your imagination and build anything you want. It shows on the side exactly what you get and that includes lots of big pieces and lots of small pieces. We were not disappointed with the quantity of blocks or the variety.

To supplement this, if you want, you can go to the Lego website and handpick individual accessories like windows, doors, body parts, tools, wheels, etc., or if you live near a Lego store, you can get some of those items (not all) via pick-a-brick.

A word of caution, though: this item is available at the Lego website for under thirty dollars. Beware Amazon sellers selling overpriced merchandise.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2014
Legos are Legos.. how can you go wrong? This is a fantastic "bang for your buck" box of bricks if your kiddo just wants to build structures for his 'guys'. We wanted to order a couple boxes of these as a Christmas gift for our 2 sons, but it was a backordered item & clearly said it would arrive after Christmas - around the 27th. We decided to go ahead & order them, and just explain to the boys they may be late. Much to our surprise, Lego shipped them Next Day Air, and both boxes arrived at Noon on CHRISTMAS EVE!!! We even had free Prime shipping, so we hadn't asked for specialty shipping. VERY IMPRESSED, AMAZON & LEGO!!! Thank you!!!