Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 28, 2012
I was so excited to receive our new box of LEGOs, knowing my children would be thrilled! It is difficult to find regular LEGOs that don't come in a kit. When we opened them, I was disappointed. Out of all 650 LEGOs (yes, I counted them and they were all there :), there were only 39 of the 2x4's and only 5 larger than that. Almost all the pieces were small...like 1x1 small. If I had known this, I would have looked for something more useful, with a greater number of regular-sized blocks. Out of 650 I expected there to be more than 44! I am disappointed with this LEGO product.
77 comments| 429 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2010
This 650 piece set is pretty good. It's all just bricks and seems to have about 3:1 ratio of small 1x4 and 1x2 bricks to 2x2 and 2x3. So if you are looking for the small narrow pieces this set has more of those. Also its just bricks, there's no flat pieces and no wheels or other special pieces. That said, this an ideal supplement for the many Lego games which in my opinion benefit from the smaller pieces. The price is pretty great too.

Hope this helps.
66 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2014
My son will LOVE these!! I bought them for Christmas so he hasn't seen them yet but he has needed more Lego bricks since we have only bought sets (which only included pieces for that set) before, but now he can build forts and ships he creates, like he wants too. This has plenty of Lego bricks for many uses. My only wish would be that it had some bigger pieces in it. Other than that it is great!!
**Update**Not enough of the BIGGER BRICKS - It is now after Christmas and my son has had plenty of play time with these bricks BUT I now realize that there are so few of the bigger pieces that it is really hard to build anything substantial with this set, like a house or ships, etc. which I had expected from this box of bricks. I am still looking for the bigger Lego bricks in a box like this one, which I thought was in this box but I haven't found any as of yet. Any suggestions on that would be great!! I am a little scared to purchase more big boxes of Lego bricks and waste more money to only have the smaller bricks again, which we now have plenty of. I took off 1 star because of not having more of the bigger bricks in this box. Otherwise it's still a great toy for imagination and plenty of durability too.
on December 30, 2013
I ordered this set for my son who always seems to be short on bricks. As other reviewers have mentioned, there are a lot of small bricks in this box (1's and 2's). There are only a few of the longer bricks, and a decent amount of the standard "8" rectangle.
We liked that it came with several colors, as our more "vintage" set did not have orange, lime green, or brown bricks.
It seems like the majority of the bricks were yellow or red.
I gave this 4 stars based on the fact that a lot of the bricks were the tiny sized ones. I feel from the box you are led to believe there are more larger blocks than there are.
Also, there are a few designs on the box, but I think it would be nicer if these came on an insert because my son wants to keep the designs, but the box is not sturdy enough to keep the Legos in long term.
on January 12, 2014
I got these for the kids to play with when they visit. I had 3 of them here this past weekend and play they did! The 6 yr old was kept busy for over an hour and the oldest (14 yrs old) built while he ate and watched TV. They generate creativity, are non-violent, can be played with by more than one at a time (like when "Grandma" played with the 6 yr old but ended up building her own structure.

This particular set was a really good price for the number of pieces and can easily be kept in one of the other set with the tub.
on October 27, 2013
When I ordered this set I didn't realize there is a small medium and large set. I received it immediately the next day and was immediately disappointed in my own ignorance. I wondered why I received them so fast but I guess its because lego cant give the smaller sets away. Luckily my daughter is a school teacher and wanted to buy them from me. The problem is I used my reward points and applied for a Amazon Store Card to get a ten dollar discount now I can't apply anymore discounts to the right ones that I had to reorder. I know my Grandson will be estactic on Christmas Day and can build, build, build with the Duplo set I ordered. Meanwhile Lego Corp is that much richer. Not too happy. G
on January 25, 2016
This is a great set to add to your specialty collections so they have more bricks to build with. For Lego brand, I think the quantity of pieces is a good value for the price. I deducted one star due to the low count of 2x4 bricks. It's such a bummer how Lego just doesn't provide many of these in any set--compared to the amount of bricks you get in the other sizes. It's still a good buy for the quality of Lego.
on May 9, 2013
This is a perfect set of extra bricks if your child likes to make their own creations..however, we were disappointed that not even a small set of directions for some "lego creations by lego" were included. I wrote to the company and they didn't provide any. Otherwise its a good deal and he loves all these extra pcs. But would have enjoyed being able to also follow directions and build something like the other sets have.
on January 12, 2014
It is 650 pieces, but many of those pieces are the tiny ones with only one connection piece - who needs so many of those! I thought I was giving a better gift but it was a disappointment. Check the details of the 650 pieces and make sure it's really what you want. You may be better off going to the lego site and ordering the pieces you really want.
on January 5, 2015
Its tough to find a box of legos these days.. Everything is a "set" .. I was happy with this package for my daughter. She wanted legos for christmas. I got a small "set" with some characters and horses and such, and filled out the bucket (which are always mostly empty) with this pack of JUST Blocks.. Perhaps something to keep in mind this is just various size blocks, no special blocks or characters of flowers or anything like that