Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Discontinued by manufacturer)
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 930 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 28, 2012
I was so excited to receive our new box of LEGOs, knowing my children would be thrilled! It is difficult to find regular LEGOs that don't come in a kit. When we opened them, I was disappointed. Out of all 650 LEGOs (yes, I counted them and they were all there :), there were only 39 of the 2x4's and only 5 larger than that. Almost all the pieces were small...like 1x1 small. If I had known this, I would have looked for something more useful, with a greater number of regular-sized blocks. Out of 650 I expected there to be more than 44! I am disappointed with this LEGO product.
77 comments| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2010
This 650 piece set is pretty good. It's all just bricks and seems to have about 3:1 ratio of small 1x4 and 1x2 bricks to 2x2 and 2x3. So if you are looking for the small narrow pieces this set has more of those. Also its just bricks, there's no flat pieces and no wheels or other special pieces. That said, this an ideal supplement for the many Lego games which in my opinion benefit from the smaller pieces. The price is pretty great too.

Hope this helps.
66 comments| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2009
What's there to say? Tons of blocks in many sizes and many colors, including some "hard to get" colors (lime green and orange). Unfortunately too many 1x1 and 1x2 bricks and not enough 2x3 and 2x4 bricks in my opinion. As a basic building set this box is not recommended, but if you already have a ton of bricks this is a great addition offering good value for money.
on September 6, 2011
My three boys (4, 5, 8) have been playing with my old Lego collection for quite some time. I had a lot of pieces, but many of them are specialty pieces that are hard to integrate in simple, every day play. Also, most of the directions to my sets have disappeared over the years.

I purchased this box (along with LEGO® Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5508) to increase the ratio of "plain" pieces in our collection. The boys were ecstatic when I presented it to them. Every day their faces beam when they show me their latest creations. Our basement floor currently features a fire station; a McDonald's; a bike shop; a house; and a boat.

Lego Bricks are unfortunately very pricey. I cringed when paying for this. But the pain goes away when you think about just how much value comes from this unassuming tub of plastic bits. My boys have logged several extra hours of electronics-free playtime since we introduced these new pieces. Over time they'll log many, many more. And as my 20+ year old Lego collection proves, these things survive.
on October 17, 2010
Nice assortment of colors, a good set of basic building blocks. MY children had asked for just "more blocks" and this was a good set for that. We really liked the lime green and orange colored bricks.
on August 8, 2012
My son is 4 and recently graduated from Duplo blocks to "big boy" Legos, and we bought this set to supplement a basic brick starter bucket set. Right now, we really like the open ended play that he gets from building with basic brick pieces. He makes all kinds of buildings, objects, animals, etc. I'm in my 40s, and was an avid Lego builder when I was a kid, and we didn't have much more than basic brick sets to pick from for a very long time. The new specialty play sets are cool, but for right now, we like the creative exploration that basic bricks offer.

This set provides a nice variety of colors and sizes to build lots of different things of varying sizes. Also, all the bricks could be contained in the basic brick starter bucket that we already had, so that makes storage easy.

You can't go wrong with a basic brick supplemental set like this. It is nice to have the volume of pieces available to build anything you can imagine and you will always be able to get use out of them. We also bought the Bricks and More Fun With Vehicles Set 4635. With the added specialty vehicle pieces that set contained, my son has enjoyed hours of play...and so have we!
on January 12, 2014
It is 650 pieces, but many of those pieces are the tiny ones with only one connection piece - who needs so many of those! I thought I was giving a better gift but it was a disappointment. Check the details of the 650 pieces and make sure it's really what you want. You may be better off going to the lego site and ordering the pieces you really want.
on July 26, 2010
After searching throughout the internet for this product and finding it at higher prices, Amazon had exactly what we needed at the best price. It was shipped out quickly and we had it within days... no waiting!
on January 7, 2010
I think this is a great toy if you have a lot of bigger Legos. You can't do much with this product if this is your first set of Legos. The upside is they include hard to find colors like lime green and orange. I would recommend this anyone who is trying to find exotic colors.
on January 30, 2013
This box of legos looks like a good deal, but I suggest anyone interested look at the customer pictures before buying. There are only 6 2x8 bricks in red, blue, yellow and white. There are only 3 2x8 bricks in the other 3 colors. The rest of the pieces are all small.

I bought this box because I thought there would be enough pieces for my 3 year old to make a small building. There weren't. All we could make was a small tunnel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.