Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 16, 2014
I bought 3 of the Zak plastic trays with handles on amazon and then cut 3 of these plates to fit. Now all 3 kids have their own lego building tray that can be easily moved and no fighting over space or parts. Easy to cut to size with a utility knife.
review image
69 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 20, 2012
It is great to have this large building plate. We bought four of them, and my husband attached them all to a square piece of plywood with screws and put casters on the bottom. Now my son has a large base to build his LEGO creations, and it slides under the bed with a simple push for neat storage when he's not using it. (Granted, some of his taller creations have to be partially destructed to fit under the bed.) The 2x2 design is large and sturdy enough to build large, complex LEGO sets and scenes. We have some stacking Sterlite boxes for LEGO pieces, and all together it's a very user-friendly LEGO system that keeps both children and parents happy. It has been used almost daily for over a year, and there have been no problems at all.
41 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 7, 2015
We purchased 7 of these Lego sheets to convert a homeade train table into a Lego table. The table looks great! However, the sheets do not fit together too create a large work area. Once put together, Legos will not fit from one sheet to another.
review image
26 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 13, 2014
I bought this because my oldest child had a base plate. This new one is flimsy and will probably break soon. I am not sure how the legos are supposed to even be firmly attached as this piece flexs. The one my oldest has is strong and sturdy. I had suggested my older child give his to my younger child, he wouldn't, so I bought this one. Now he never will, because he knows that his is irreplacable. The quality isn't there. The product went from solid and sturdy to cheap and flexing.
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 30, 2015
Both my children, girl age 7; son age 4, are huge Lego fanatics. This is especially true of my four year old son (almost 5) who is absolutely passionate about building things. I purchased this building plate for my daughter to use with her LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall 41058 Building Set. It works great, and the entire mall fits on the one building plate. However, my daughter wanted her mall stores spread out over a bigger area, so I ended up getting her a second plate. Now she has her mall stores spread out over two building plates and it looks fantastic! We've also been buying her extra pieces to add to the mall, such as the LEGO Friends Heartlake Pet Salon 41007.

My daughter absolutely loves having the plates; not only does it look great, but with the plates, moving her Lego creation from one place to the other is a breeze. The plates are very well made and are extremely sturdy--I was surprised about that, especially considering how flexible they are. In any event, I love these plates and plan on buying a few more for my daughter's other creations, as well as for my son. My only complaint is that I wish the plate wasn't quite so flexible. Why couldn't it be as hard and inflexible as the individual small building plates that come with the various Lego collections? This plate bends very easily, which makes it hard to pick up and carry whenever there is a project attached; I have to be very careful when lifting the plate with the Lego Mall attached, otherwise one end or the other, flops over and pieces fall off.

I read one of the earlier reviews where that mom said she purchased plastic trays in which she placed the Lego plate to allow her children to be able to easily move them around. I like that idea--a lot! She cut the plate down to size to fit the trays--maybe she wanted them smaller--but in my case I'm going to try to find a tray that is big enough to accommodate the plate as is. That should nicely resolve the problem. Aside from being too flexible, my only other complaint is that I wish Lego would offer the plates in a wider variety of colors. So far all I've been able to find are gray, green, and blue. My daughter would love them in pinks and purple--probably my son too! LOL Anyhow, just a thought. Bottom line, this is a great product and one that I would highly recommend for any little Lego builder.
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2013
Due to the large size of these plates you really need to mount or use them on a hard surface. They are great for custom Lego tables, take a 30" by 30" surface and attach 4 of these in a square to get a huge building area. My only advice here is be sure to test placing Legos between the plates, you need to leave a small gap. At first I tried to place them touching and I am glad I tried a Lego piece before the glue dried to make sure the pieces could span the plates. For glue I used a construction adhesive suitable for plastic (come in those tubes by the silicone caulking), and let it air out for a day or two before you use it. I recommend these, but get the smaller size plates if you just want to play with them on the carpet or something, they won't feel as flimsy. The quality of these are good, but the large size allows them to deform more, etc.
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2014
This is a flat gray, 15 x 15 inch, flat plate. The lego dots go all the way to the edges making a very large play place for larger sets. Normal lego flat plates run 10 x 10 inch so if you are going for a standard size you may want two of these so you could run three of the 10 x 10 street pieces or whatever you have.
2 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old son who loves to build Legos and does not always have a large flat surface to do so. These plates will make it easier to carry large builds with less chance of breaking. They seem to be durable but are a little flimsy the larger the size you get so you need to make sure they are supported underneath when carrying heavier builds. As with any Lego you do need to make sure there is a some what solid surface underneath when pushing blocks and other Legos down on it. We bought two of the large plates and two of the 10" x 10" plates and all in all they do exactly what the were designed to do very well. Only downside is that they are expensive for a piece of square plastic.
on December 8, 2015
My 7rd old son will absolutely love this as he loves all things Lego. This will enable him to erect huge buildings and such on a single base. Only drawback I would say is that it is kinda of floppy because of its size. But it is what it is. I recommend.
One person found this helpful
on June 8, 2015
Good size, great deal on Amazon! The only thing we noticed is we were trying to match them up with some older ones we had from when my husband was a child and noticed that they are one peg smaller both in width and length and they are thinner. Guess not only food products get downsized over time!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.