Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 16, 2014
I bought 3 of the Zak plastic trays with handles on amazon and then cut 3 of these plates to fit. Now all 3 kids have their own lego building tray that can be easily moved and no fighting over space or parts. Easy to cut to size with a utility knife.
review image
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
We purchased 7 of these Lego sheets to convert a homeade train table into a Lego table. The table looks great! However, the sheets do not fit together too create a large work area. Once put together, Legos will not fit from one sheet to another.
review image
on January 20, 2012
It is great to have this large building plate. We bought four of them, and my husband attached them all to a square piece of plywood with screws and put casters on the bottom. Now my son has a large base to build his LEGO creations, and it slides under the bed with a simple push for neat storage when he's not using it. (Granted, some of his taller creations have to be partially destructed to fit under the bed.) The 2x2 design is large and sturdy enough to build large, complex LEGO sets and scenes. We have some stacking Sterlite boxes for LEGO pieces, and all together it's a very user-friendly LEGO system that keeps both children and parents happy. It has been used almost daily for over a year, and there have been no problems at all.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this because my oldest child had a base plate. This new one is flimsy and will probably break soon. I am not sure how the legos are supposed to even be firmly attached as this piece flexs. The one my oldest has is strong and sturdy. I had suggested my older child give his to my younger child, he wouldn't, so I bought this one. Now he never will, because he knows that his is irreplacable. The quality isn't there. The product went from solid and sturdy to cheap and flexing.
on January 30, 2015
Both my children, girl age 7; son age 4, are huge Lego fanatics. This is especially true of my four year old son (almost 5) who is absolutely passionate about building things. I purchased this building plate for my daughter to use with her LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall 41058 Building Set. It works great, and the entire mall fits on the one building plate. However, my daughter wanted her mall stores spread out over a bigger area, so I ended up getting her a second plate. Now she has her mall stores spread out over two building plates and it looks fantastic! We've also been buying her extra pieces to add to the mall, such as the LEGO Friends Heartlake Pet Salon 41007.

My daughter absolutely loves having the plates; not only does it look great, but with the plates, moving her Lego creation from one place to the other is a breeze. The plates are very well made and are extremely sturdy--I was surprised about that, especially considering how flexible they are. In any event, I love these plates and plan on buying a few more for my daughter's other creations, as well as for my son. My only complaint is that I wish the plate wasn't quite so flexible. Why couldn't it be as hard and inflexible as the individual small building plates that come with the various Lego collections? This plate bends very easily, which makes it hard to pick up and carry whenever there is a project attached; I have to be very careful when lifting the plate with the Lego Mall attached, otherwise one end or the other, flops over and pieces fall off.

I read one of the earlier reviews where that mom said she purchased plastic trays in which she placed the Lego plate to allow her children to be able to easily move them around. I like that idea--a lot! She cut the plate down to size to fit the trays--maybe she wanted them smaller--but in my case I'm going to try to find a tray that is big enough to accommodate the plate as is. That should nicely resolve the problem. Aside from being too flexible, my only other complaint is that I wish Lego would offer the plates in a wider variety of colors. So far all I've been able to find are gray, green, and blue. My daughter would love them in pinks and purple--probably my son too! LOL Anyhow, just a thought. Bottom line, this is a great product and one that I would highly recommend for any little Lego builder.
on June 8, 2015
Good size, great deal on Amazon! The only thing we noticed is we were trying to match them up with some older ones we had from when my husband was a child and noticed that they are one peg smaller both in width and length and they are thinner. Guess not only food products get downsized over time!
on September 12, 2013
I have 4 kids who are crazy about Legos, and buying 4 of these plates was a great decision. The smaller green ones that you see in stores are OK for little projects, but my kids are always creating large houses and other elaborate playscapes. This plate is 50% larger and gives them each a personal, portable space for building their creations and keeping them intact. The only downside is that it is a bit flimsy if you want to transport it with Legos attached, but this could easily be remedied by screwing it down to a small piece of plywood or even gluing it to some cardboard backing. But ours generally only go from the floor to the table and back again, and they're fine for that purpose.
on June 6, 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old son who loves to build Legos and does not always have a large flat surface to do so. These plates will make it easier to carry large builds with less chance of breaking. They seem to be durable but are a little flimsy the larger the size you get so you need to make sure they are supported underneath when carrying heavier builds. As with any Lego you do need to make sure there is a some what solid surface underneath when pushing blocks and other Legos down on it. We bought two of the large plates and two of the 10" x 10" plates and all in all they do exactly what the were designed to do very well. Only downside is that they are expensive for a piece of square plastic.
on March 22, 2017
Given as Christmas present and the child receiving was quite pleased.
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2013
Due to the large size of these plates you really need to mount or use them on a hard surface. They are great for custom Lego tables, take a 30" by 30" surface and attach 4 of these in a square to get a huge building area. My only advice here is be sure to test placing Legos between the plates, you need to leave a small gap. At first I tried to place them touching and I am glad I tried a Lego piece before the glue dried to make sure the pieces could span the plates. For glue I used a construction adhesive suitable for plastic (come in those tubes by the silicone caulking), and let it air out for a day or two before you use it. I recommend these, but get the smaller size plates if you just want to play with them on the carpet or something, they won't feel as flimsy. The quality of these are good, but the large size allows them to deform more, etc.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.