Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 6, 2012
Our son (4 years) just recently transitioned from the Duplo legos to the "big boy" legos about a month ago. We started him with a sampler set and he seemed fairly interested but got a little discouraged by some of the building templates. We noticed that he was more interested in the vehicles in that set and decided to try out this set too. We are so glad that we did! He has not stopped building since this set came in the mail a week ago! He is constantly building and modifying little vehicles. It's great for fine-motor skill development and creativity. Highly recommended!
on February 7, 2012
I bought this set for my 4 year old boy. The set is easy enough that he can follow along with the directions. He loves playing with the vehicles, especially the tow truck. We have changed out some of the pieces on the other vehicles so that they can all be towed by the tow truck.
on November 5, 2012
First, anyone shopping for Legos knows that a dollar doesn't go very far...

However, at under $30, this set contains a decent amount of bricks and wheels, along with instructions to make several small cars and vehicles (all pictured on box).

PROS:
- Each vehicle comes in its own plastic package (so you don't have to sort through every block in the box). This is nice if you are looking for structured play (ie. one project a day) v. free play (just build without instructions).
- Instructions give you a fair number of ideas for vehicles (though you will need more bricks and wheels)
- The ramp/lift and Lego men enhance play allowing your child to tow vehicles to the shop and fix them

CONS:
- You could probably buy several small single vehicle packages for the same price (but you wouldn't get the instructions that include lots of other vehicles)
- Not enough bricks & wheels to make the other vehicles on the instructions (though you get a fair number for the price you pay)

Would I recommend: Definitely. It is a decent set for a Lego enthusiast that loves cars and wants to build things with wheels. The projects are individually packaged, so you could bring one along if you were going to visit a relative, etc. and needed something entertaining for your child. Ours have all been built and are in assorted states of disrepair from being played with, so now we are re-building with our own creative modifications. The possibilities are endless.

Best age group: Any! Our son is three and while he can't build everything himself, these are fairly simple and don't take too long to build (great for kids with short attention spans). Probably would bore older kids looking for something more challenging, but with the age on the box listed as 4+ that should clue buyers in that these aren't as complicated as the larger more sophisticated fire engines, helicopters, trucks, etc.
on December 13, 2012
This was a birthday present for my 6 year old son. He has built more "advanced" Legos sets, such as the Big Bentley clock from the "Cars" themed set, so I was worried this would be too simple for him. He loves this set! Because it has no "theme" like so many Legos sets these days, I like it better too - less commercialization and promotion of movies.

He was especially excited to get the "brick separator" tool included in the set. Definitely helps w/separating the smaller pieces, like the 1x2 flat pieces.

My son has already modified and built different cars and vehicles not based on the instructions. I'm pleased he is being creative and enjoying this set free from feeling like things need to look like "in the movie".

FYI: If you search "Lego education", you will find a website w/more Legos sets that are geared more for teaching and without commercialized tie-ins. They have another vehicles set that includes "community helpers" mini figures, a farm set, fairy tale set, and much more.
on April 28, 2012
There is nothing more fun to do with my soon to be 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter. This has an excellent variety of pieces and the price is reasonable, generally I've heard .05-.10/piece is a good price for Legos. The vehicles you can build are pretty cool too.
on October 2, 2013
This set entertains my 4 and 6 year old sons for hours on end for months on end. That alone makes it worth the price. It has a perfect mix of wheels, axles and detail elements like "lights" that they really enjoy. It is pricey, but we also have one of the general mix kits that came in a tub, many small character kits, and the Skylanders castle. This kit gets the most use and was the best value for how much it gets played with. I would not recommend it for a one of two year old not only because of the choking hazard, but because the really small pieces require fine motor control to manage. Daddy has even been known to sit and play with this set for half an hour!
on December 17, 2012
My just turned 5 year old son was able to follow most of the instructions by himself with no help. I like that it is way easier than most of the other themed LEGOs, like ninjago, DC/Marvel, and such.

I also loved how the legos were packaged. The package contained six bags of legos, and one bag had one or two cars to put together and the instructions matched the numbers on the bag. So I was able to say "Here's bag number 1, once you put it all together you can move on to the next bag". It really helped to be able to put them together without having to search through a whole bunch of other pieces.

I hope lego continues making more sets like this one.
on May 8, 2012
My 4 year old has become increasingly interested in Legos, especially sets that build cars or other moving vehicles. This set is FANTASTIC and so reasonably priced. I don't know how Lego does it's pricing, but I figured it should be related to the number of pieces. Yet you will find other sets out there with fewer pieces (I'm talking 200 less pieces) that are twice the price! So this one was a no brainer for us to buy. We even bought a second set for one of his friend's birthdays.

The set comes with separate pouches for each "project" which I really appreciate as a parent. You cannot get through everything in one sitting with a 4 year old and plus it takes a lot of time. So you don't need to have all 525 pcs out and mixed up to do one project!! We did one pouch each night and it was fun and educational for him.

The parts are VERY small for some things, like headlights, tools, etc. So that is a challenge to keep them all together. I don't know why there aren't more assemblies that are put together , but I guess that's part of the fun is keeping everything Lego genuine and building every bit all by yourself. But it is hard because my 4 year old wants to play with the vehicles after they are built and little pieces end up everywhere and the vehicle falls apart which he gets frustrated with. We are considering gluing certain assemblies together so that at least if they fall off you aren't missing tiny pieces that you may never find again.
on August 19, 2013
My boy loves cars and he loves LEGO. I knew this was perfect for him. Using the easy-to-read instructions, of which their were 5 different blueprints, we made 5 different vehicles, each one different from the last, unique. There was a 6th bag full of spare parts to make your own creations. Color-coding makes it easy to put vehicles back together on the fly if your kid gets curious and takes the vehicles apart and you'd like to put them back together again. Truly, 5 stars. A perfect gift for the kid who loves to build and drive.
on May 27, 2013
This is a MUST for any Lego fans who wants to make CARS and TRUCKS. You will get so many wheels, axels, etc that you can make lots of vehicles. My son and I also liked the fact that we got a few more people too.
Our first set was the basic bricks/blocks starter set - it was nice but not enough. When you combine this set with that one you have a great starter set which will make a variety of houses, vehicles, and people -- all for under $100

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.