Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on December 22, 2015
I bought this set to expand my Lego Winter Village. It's a good fit looks wise, with the same European village charm and details that are similar to many of the Village sets (I'm thinking of the Cottage, Post Office and Santa's Workshop sets in particular). This is a BIG set, so good value for the $$, with two moderately sized buildings, eight minifigs (including two women in skirts and one child), a horse, two cows, three brickbuilt birds and an enormous roast turkey which I think is a lot of fun).

It took me several hours (over a couple of days) to build the set, and then I modified it a little bit to add it to the Winter Village. I added lights instead of the torches and wreaths instead of the black decor pieces on the tan building, a string of lights on the blue building and white snowballs on the tree. Also changed out the signs and made the market stall into a "get your picture taken with Santa" booth. Trying to figure out how to get snow onto the building roofs, I may just swap out the black roof tiles for white. Since the minifigs are in medieval dress, I made some them the shop owners in the Market stalls.

Overall a nice addition to any collection. Good value for the money, high level of detail on the buildings, interesting accessories, nice selection of minifigures and animals.
on April 7, 2014
This set has a lot of nice touches on it. The water wheel, the blacksmith's forge, the cleverly built fireplace. The tree tends to fall apart if you look at it wrong, and the construction tend to be a lot less stable than many Lego construction sets. While Lego got the look right, the stability isn't near the standard of these houses. The roofing being black is a little strange, considering there weren't a lot of grey/black slate roofs during the medieval age. Most roofs were thatch, which would look a lot more authentic, so I recommend substituting tan or even yellow roof pieces if you can find them. There are a lot of specialized building pieces built into this, as the architecture is fairly intricate. However, the intricacy is built in at the expense of stability. Unless your kid (or you, President Ferrell-Business) likes putting things on the shelf and never touching them, there are much sturdier sets out there in the same style- LOTR comes to mind. And for $150-180, you can get some pretty decent substitutes!
Wow, this is a great LEGO set. We have LEGO® Kingdoms King's Castle 7946 and many of the other Kingdom sets so this fits right in with the theme/era.

This took quite awhile to put together since there is a bunch of mini pieces (vendor booths, carts, etc.) and two, two-story buildings.

The buildings are hinged so that when they are open, they look like double storefronts (like the picture on the box) but when they are closed, they are two smaller buildings. There are plenty of details inside each building including a water wheel that turns a mallet inside the blacksmith shop. There is a bed, a "beer" keg, drinking glasses, a vanity with a brush and bottle, a table with a holiday meal of turkey, butter, and other miniatures, a horse stable with carrots, barrels with products for sale like fish. Additional details include flowers, a tree with flowers, oxen, three birds, a white horse and a treasure chest with gold money.

There were some places that were difficult to get enough tension for the pieces to stay together. The tree is shaky and the roof on one of the buildings was difficult, not to build but to keep together.

There are 8 mini figures from ladies to guards.

Tons of details and fun to assemble. A worthwhile set to add to any LEGO Castle set.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 10, 2012
The product is great as all Lego products are. The delivery is another story. The vendor/distributor first sent this with another Lego box, where this products box was demolished, it looked used. The other Lego box with it was in fine shape. Since there was no way to determine if there if there were any Legos missing, I returned the product for a replacement. It was a birthday gift for a child. The replacement arrived quickly and in time for my daughter's birthday. However, the Lego box was also destroyed. This is an amazon distribution and there is no way to contact the seller. The only choice is to return or exchange, without contact. My daughter had to open her crushed box. At 90+ dollars, this is disappointing to say the least. Plan ahead, I guess. Thanks Amazon. :(
on September 28, 2012
This is tied with the Millennium Falcon as my favorite lego set of all time. The architecture of the buildings is gorgeous and the wide variety of acessories is amazing. The minifigures are great (I switch the blonde peasant and the little boy's hair) and they're perfect for posing or playing. This is a set I would buy for my dad - definitely not just a little kid thing, although my 8 year-old brother loves it too. If this is the only Kindoms set you get, it would be enough.
I was so excited I put it together in one afternoon - even though my hands got pretty sore =)
Two tired thumbs up!
on January 22, 2013
I am an adult collector/builder - Harry Potter, Creator, Indiana Jones, etc. I find building lego sets to be very relaxing. This particular set is going to be part of a larger diorama, so to speak, of a holiday/summer fun village. Sort of like a Connor Prairie in Indianapolis sitting on the edge of a town or city. Come spend your holidays here -- lots to visit and do. These sets are practically indestructible - which they should be considering their cost. However, having seen Legos' factory in Europe on a tv show, I can see why they are expensive.
on April 16, 2016
I bought this set for my husband who collects castle Legos. It is an awesome set and he loves it. It is great to have a medieval set that consists of something more than soldiers and knights. Now, if only Lego would release a cathedral, a village church, or a monastery. Then our village would be complete.
on March 13, 2011
This Lego set includes many interesting features that add to the overall construction of the marketplace.

As a previous reviewer stated, there are many accessories, such as the frog, carrot, cooked turkey-some of which you get to assemble yourself, but it is the detailed design of the buildings that make building the Medieval Marketplace fun. You will know what I mean once you get there.

The moving parts are especially cool, and I like the pieces that allow the houses to be closed.

Also, the bags are not labeled and pieces seemed to be grouped randomly. It was not a not a problem, though and it lets you exercise your organization skills.

The only problem I recalled was that shipping took a while, but not longer than the expected time-frame.
on January 8, 2013
Besides Castle being my favorite LEGO theme, it's not a licensed set, and it has a variety of great new colors and unique pieces. A great addition to my LEGO collection.
on September 16, 2010
Medieval Market Village is one of my favorite Lego sets that i own. I bought it here on Amazon for retail price, no taxes, and Prime shipping. This set has so much value. 1600 pieces for the price of only $[...] and great details, minifigs, animals, fruits, fishes, trees, etc. Has awesome play value and you can set up great Medieval scenes. I love how the 2 buildings are fully modular but you can also open them to expand the look and get access to the inside. The buildings designs are remarkable. I love this set and any Lego fan would definitely enjoy :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.