Customer Reviews: LEGO Chima Crawley Claw Ripper 70001
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on March 29, 2013
It's been few days since Chima sets have arrived in my city. I've been eagerly waiting for them and when I bought some of them and opened them..I was ecstatic!! I'm more satisfied and happy than I thought I would be...The Chima sets are beautiful and this one is no different.
This set contains one vehicle (the Claw-Ripper) and two minifigures ( "Leonidas", from Lion tribe and "Crawley", from Crocodile tribe). The minifigures, needless to say, are FANTASTIC!! I feel that currently Chima has the best looking minifigs , compared to other themes of LEGO. The best part about these minifigs are definitely the headpieces! Even the details & markings on their bodies are amazing!
But there is one flaw with the Leonidas minifig. There's a misprint on it, near the belt. The bottom of the torso-piece and top of the leg-piece are not aligned properly, after you put it together. (Maybe I'm not able to describe it properly but when you see the Leonidas minifig , you'll come to know).
Leonidas comes with a weapon which looks very nice...One of the better weapons from LEGO.
Coming to the main feature of this set, which is the Claw-Ripper, it's pretty good..Looks nice. The conveyor belts containing rotating claws, in the front of the vehicle, is really a nice touch and that is what makes the vehicle stand apart. The front of the vehicle is shaped like a croc's mouth which is visually very appealing. The military green color used in most of the bricks is really nice.
Somehow I'm not very happy with the two big wheels used in the back. I feel that a different type of wheels should have been used. The middle portion of the vehicle where the minifig sits, looks bit open and you get the feel as if some more bricks could have added and the vehicle would have looked better.
This set contains stickers...I hate stickers! The smaller they are, the more difficult it is to get them positioned correctly.Most of the times, you'll need more than one attempt to get position of the sticker right but by then the sticker might have been smudged at the edges. LEGO should completely ban stickers and come out with only printed parts...which look a LOT better than the effect stickers have.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with this set and I'm gonna buy some more this set in the near future (Luckily this set is not as pricey as other LEGO sets)!
on April 21, 2014
I bought this for my son, he and both loves and adores it, fun filled lego bucket, with lot of pieces, He plays with it for hours, shares with his siblings. I bought this as an Easter gift. Lego is making a come back, great price, and great quality. Great family fun.
on June 17, 2014
This is a winner with my son (approx. 8 years). He was able to assemble it on his own and he plays with it regularly. It's made of quality materials and looks and works great. It has been dropped on the wood floor a few times. Nothing broke and it was reassembled easily. This would not be a good toy for a small child as it does have jagged pieces for effect and several tiny pieces (like all regular Lego sets).
on December 7, 2013
I think they could have packaged it better the actual toy box is smashed up. An so was the shipping box that and it came late an not the date set for it to arrive. Hopefully it has all pieces to it. It is a Christmas present.
on May 18, 2013
This was bought for my 7 year old grandson. He is a die hard Lego fan. He is thrilled with all things Lego. This choice was a definite hit.
on July 28, 2013
One of the prettiest sets of Lego Chima.
I just enjoy seeing my Son build this.
Kudos to Lego's engineers.
on January 15, 2013
I think Crawley's Claw Ripper is a great set. All the wheels actually move. The big back wheels make it look like a big all terrain vehicle. You can move the mouth up and down. I think all the crocodile features are just great. It comes with two minifigures in the set. Their is Crawley of course and Leonidas. Their are a few stickers in the set. I would not suggest this set for really young children but for older children it is a nice set. Overall I like the set
on January 23, 2013
This was given to my 5 year old son. He loves it. He got his favorite character the lion, with a sword and a bad guy dinosaur. He loves that the vehicle has a mouth on it as can be used as a creature too. Already has hours and hours of playtime using this one toy alone.

2 mini figs
sword with hero
plenty of teeth included
spinning teeth on side

Value: Of all the Chima sets I think this is the one with the most value and is a great impulse buy for kids.
on February 16, 2013
Great Lego set. Fun to put together and easily done by my 6 year old! The moving parts are actually better than I thought. It stays together well when the kids are playing. I would buy this toy again!
on January 19, 2013
Buildability: This is a pretty sweet set; the Claw Ripper's claws and moves moves as you roll it on a surface. Another nice thing is the rubber tracks allows you to move it along carpet and still get the motion. This will be a big seller, get it now; the Legends of Chima (pronounced Sheemah) is now a cartoon on T.V. and every younger LEGO fan will want a set (or two). The older LEGO fans will also like this set; aside from the motion, the minifigs are really well done. Both minifigs are highly-detailed and deserve to part of any minifig collection.

Official LEGO description: Crawley is making a getaway with the Lion tribe's CHI in his amazing armored Claw Ripper. Help Leonidas to stop the Claw Ripper's all-terrain rubber tracks, huge wheels, rotating claws and snapping croc mouth! Don't let that scaly scoundrel get away! Track Crawley down and take the CHI back to the noble Lion tribe!

Minifigs: Includes 2 minifigures: Leonidas and Crawley

Value: This is a great set to start your Legends of Chima collection.

Overall rating: 5 stars, nice job!