LEGO City Cargo Train 60052 Train Toy
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Build your Cargo Train, featuring a crane with hook to load and unload heavy cargo, multiple cars and full circular train track!
- Includes four minifigures: forklift driver, train driver, truck driver and farmer
- LEGO City toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Locomotive measures 3” high, 11” long and 2” wide. Cattle wagon measures 2” high, 5” wide and 2” deep. Fuel wagon is 3” high, 9” long and 2” wide
- Cable drum wagon measure 3” high, 8” long and 2” wide. Truck measures 2” high, 5” long and 2” wide. Forklift measures 3” high, 4” long and 1” wide
- 888 pieces – For boys and girls ages 6 to 12
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Move heavy goods – and animals! – around the city with the super-powerful LEGO City Cargo Train! This awesome motorized train with 8-channel, 7-speed infrared remote control can transport almost anything. So it's your job to make sure the cargo is in the right place at the right time to keep the city running smoothly. Attach the cattle wagon and 2 cargo wagons together and pull them around the circular rail track with the locomotive. Operate the forklift to move the pallets safely between the wagons and truck. Keep track of all the cargo leaving and arriving in the office at the impressive cargo train station. There you can use the sliding overhead crane with hook to move heavy cargo between vehicles or onto the ground. With so many play functions and cool features, this really is the ultimate set for train enthusiasts! Includes 4 minifigures: forklift driver, train driver, farmer and a truck driver.
- Includes 4 minifigures: forklift driver, train driver, farmer and a truck driver
- Cargo Train features a motorized locomotive with 8-channel, 7-speed infrared remote control, driver’s cabin with opening doors and dashboard, plus a cattle wagon and 2 cargo wagons
- Cattle wagon features a cow, trough, bales of straw, bucket of milk and a strong fence with 2 gates
- Fuel wagon features a fuel tank with chain, pallet with wheelbarrow and a forklift
- Cable drum wagon features 2 large cable drumsin holders and a lifting chain
- Truck features a driver’s cab with cup and a large flatbed for the fuel tank
- Cargo train station features a sliding overhead crane with hook to load and unload heavy-duty cargo, office with computer and cup, sack barrow, trash bin and a fire extinguisher
- Includes a full circular track with 20 curved rail tracks and 8 straight rail tracks
- Also includes a forklift
- Operate the Cargo Train with the 7-speed infrared remote control
- Attach the wagonsand drive the train around the curved track
- Load and unload the cargo with the powerful forklift
- Move cargo from the train wagons to the truck at the cargo train station
- Cargo Train in total measures over 3” (10cm) high, 35” (89cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Locomotive measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Cattle wagon measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Fuel wagon measures over 3” (10cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Cable drum wagon measures over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Cargo train station measures over 7” (19cm) high, 10” (26cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep
- Truck measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- Forklift measures over 3” (8cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- Curved rail tracks each measure over 5” (14cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide
- Straight rail tracks each measure over 5” (13cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
Move heavy goods - and animals! - around the city with the super-powerful LEGO City Cargo Train! This awesome motorized train with 8-channel, 7-speed infrared remote control can transport almost anything. So it's your job to make sure the cargo is in the right place at the right time to keep the city running smoothly. Attach the cattle wagon and 2 cargo wagons together and pull them around the circular rail track with the locomotive. Operate the forklift to move the pallets safely between the wagons and truck. Keep track of all the cargo leaving and arriving in the office at the impressive cargo train station. There you can use the sliding overhead crane with hook to move heavy cargo between vehicles or onto the ground. With so many play functions and cool features, this really is the ultimate set for train enthusiasts! Includes 4 minifigures: forklift driver, train driver, farmer and a truck driver. Cargo Train features a motorized locomotive with 8-channel, 7-speed infrared remote control, driver's cabin with opening doors and dashboard, plus a cattle wagon and 2 cargo wagons.
Legal DisclaimerTD 139
Compare with similar items
LEGO City Flexible Tracks 7499 Train Toy Accessory
LEGO City High-speed Passenger Train 60051 Train Toy
Lego City 60098 Heavy-haul Train
LEGO City Trains Train Station 60050 Building Toy
LEGO City Passenger Train 7938
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$10.74||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Chowren Toys||Dietz Toys||Kidding Around NYC||n-Lion(Ship from Japan)Recommend Expedited|
|Item Dimensions||22.91 x 14.88 x 4.65 in||10.32 x 7.52 x 2.4 in||22.91 x 14.88 x 4.06 in||22.91 x 4.65 x 14.88 in||21.26 x 11.1 x 3.09 in||27.16 x 1.85 x 4.72 in|
|Item Weight||4.41 lbs||0.7 lb||4.41 lbs||6.04 lbs||2.75 lbs||4.63 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||888||24||610||984||423||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am the nut-job parent that you'll see in some of the other train reviews. I grew up with Lego and returned to it when I had kids. I am terribly partial to Lego (ignore my star rating), but I'll give you the best review I can so that you can make the best decision for your kids. I do not receive free sets or compensation for my Lego reviews.
Released in May of 2014, set #60052 has an MSRP of 199.99. This is an American style freight train. The engine is a blue diesel with a yellow stripe, functioning doors, and a cab roof that hinges (easier to insert the driver). There are three freight cars: two flat cars for pallets, and one open-top cattle car. The pallets can hold different types of cargo; two cable drums and a fuel tank are included but you can easily make your own. There is a gantry crane, forklift, wheel barrow, and a freight truck. The yellow gantry crane is a rolling design attached to a small freight office. There are four mini-figures and a steer. There are two switches, 8 straights, and 16 curved sections of track. This is sufficient for an oval with a siding. The set includes a motor and infrared controls. The train battery takes 6 AAA batteries while the hand controller takes another 3.
This is a very, very good set. Lego has a long history of freight trains and 60052 takes some of their best ideas and fits them into an all-in-one City-themed set. The gantry crane, for example, is reminiscent of a set from 1995 (#4555) that is one of Lego's most classic train crane designs. The freight engine follows on the heels of the Maersk train (set 10219) from 2011 which was a Creator-level work of art. Add in the playability of all the cargo and the steer (I do wish there was more than a single head of livestock) and this makes for a well-designed set with lots of possible story lines. Pity the steer that gets loose on the tracks.
60052 is an expensive set, but it does have everything you need and it includes more track, bigger buildings and more stuff overall than its lower-priced sister set (60051 co-released in May of 2014). The Power Functions motors and infrared controls are solid performers that have been around since 2009-10. These are modular pieces that fit into most of the Lego trains. As a sanity saving measure, I highly recommend upgrading to the expensive lithium ion battery, #8878, which is usually available directly from Lego for MSRP of 49.99. The lithium ion battery lasts a good long time and you will save yourself the frustration of removing the AAA battery box from the train to refill with new AAAs.
The City-line trains are not difficult builds, but I always say that the degree of parental assistance really depends more on how much experience your child has with Lego rather than age.
60052 effectively replaces set #7939 from 2010 (though 7939 continues to be available at the time of this review). If Lego sticks to its current refresh schedule, then 60052 may be around until 2018. If you have the earlier generation 9V Lego train (2007 and earlier), this train can be run on the old 9V track, but 9V cannot run on the new track. See my guide for more information on 9V.
First, there's a lot to this set! With over eight-hundred pieces comprising a locomotive engine, two flatcars, a livestock car, a tractor trailer and a cargo terminal it took my little boys and me about a week of working on this train to get everything together and setup in our basement play area. This set is definitely beyond the capability of my kids in terms of assembly difficulty (they're still in preschool) but with some of my assistance, we had the train setup and ready for play in relatively short order.
This kit contains everything you need to build the train and associated components including the items needed for propulsion and a modest amount of track right in the box! Compared to our other LEGO train, the LEGO City Passenger Train 7938 this set is much more detailed and includes quite a bit more track including two sets of switch track!
The power functions are easy to setup and require AAA batteries that fit inside a battery box that rides along with the train. All of the power is supplied by the battery box meaning you don't have to fuss with low-voltage track like the older 9V LEGO track sets. The power functions all work perfectly and the batteries last an incredible amount of time. We've had our original LEGO City Passenger Train running on the same set of batteries for about a year and it's still going strong.
I recommend investing in a good set of rechargeable batteries if you're purchasing this train as you'll need a lot of batteries - six (6) for the battery box and another three (3) for the little remote that controls the train.
I'll also mention that one remote can be paired to two different LEGO trains. This is accomplished by connecting the IR receiver on the train the corresponding color, either blue or red, on the battery box. Then the train will be powered by either the left or right dial on the included IR remote (again either blue or red).
There's so much to this set that it's difficult to pick one thing that's a standout "cool feature" but my oldest son loves driving the train around our track and stopping by the cargo terminal to load and offload cargo from the train. The gantry crane on this set moves along a set of guiderails and the hook is operated by using a small knob on the top of the crane to raise and lower cargo. We also recently picked up the LEGO City Town Cargo Terminal 60169 and it pairs perfectly with this train!
Another great thing about LEGO trains is that they don't have to be driven by the power pack. Often my kids just like pushing the trains around the track on their own and running with their imaginations.
I'll just mention that if you're looking at this train you may consider buying additional track. The track included in the set is enough to get you started but probably not enough to get the most out of this train. Additional track components:
→ 7895 - LEGO City Switch Tracks 7895
→ 7499 - LEGO City Flexible Tracks 7499
→ 7896 - LEGO City Straight & Curved Rails
If you're a LEGO collector or just looking to pick up a neat LEGO set for someone this is by far the best LEGO train I've used. A massive set that contains a variety of components and huge fun factor. My kids have been playing with this all summer without any hint that it'll get boring anytime soon. Recommended!
With 4 cars and a lot of track this set is a real deal. The cow alone is awesome. I wouldn't pay more than $160 for this set, wait for it to go on sale at amazon I bought it for $155 with free shipping.
The front of this train is awesome looking. I'm a real fan of the blue too. Lego has done a fine job with this train and it will go on the shelf.