Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 17, 2015
This past Christmas we got a lot of Lego for our kids. The Lego brand gives the impression of being all kits with specific instructions - and while those are fun, you also need some basics.

We go to the library a lot and a few weeks before Christmas the librarian had made this awesome marble run using one of these plates. I thought we needed to do this at home. We had a good time changing the run, making a few new marble roads, giving the marble a few exit points...

I'm sharing a picture because this is a fun use of the plate even for younger kids. This is just one of the ways you can use Lego bricks in an imaginative way.

Also as you can see, regular Lego bricks will fit this plate well. Yes, the plate is flexible but it is not 'bent' in particular once you place a structure on it.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2009
Lego baseplates are wonderful for giving stability to the creations of the Lego or Duplo builder. Duplo baseplates do not work with Legos, however, so this is very versatile for either size blocks. It is 10" by 10" in size, a fact I wish had been mentioned in the description as I thought I was ordering a larger one--one that two children could use at the same time. It is somewhat flexible, so will work better on a hard surface than on a padded carpet. Baseplates are essential for the Lego builder, and this is a good size for a smaller project or one builder. I recommend the 15 x 15 inch size for larger projects.
73 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 19, 2017
Love the building plates! A MUST with Lego Duplos... The only issue that I had was that the stores were selling them for a dollar or two less. Am I happy that I purchase this? Absolutely! Our family was living on the Navajo Indian Reservation at the time and Amazon was our lifeline to all things 'familiar!' I cannot begin to calculate how many hours this toy was used. This was the first Lego Duplo piece I purchased because I knew that all the cities, farms, stores, fire stations we would be building in the future would all fit perfectly on this board. My recommendation is to have two or three of these items. It makes playing with your little one a lot more fun. It's also wonderful if your child has a sibling or a 'little friend' over to play. This is one item that will be fought over!
on January 14, 2013
This piece is essential for me to have and I don't see why they aren't included in the bigger sets. I am looking to start making some brick film with my daughter and will need a few more of these but at this price I will have to spend one hundred dollars to get what I need. I know if I spent that much I would be extremely disappointed in what I got in return so luckily I started with one. I will get more as I need them and find myself wondering why they make a bigger version for more.

The one issue I take is the price for what you get. The picture makes it look like you can play a game of football with friends on it but when you get it there is just this flimsy green board. It looks like it should be around six or seven bucks and the size is decent but for the price you will probably be expecting more. Keep in mind it will probably look smaller than you think when you get it so measure it out so you can get an idea. Overall I think you should get it but if you can find it cheaper you'll be a lot happier.
on January 2, 2013
Large Lego creations often need a large base plate to build upon. This ensures that everything is properly secured, and correctly spaced. However, large building plates generally come with the larger sets, meaning that if your Lego tub is a combination of many smaller sets, you probably won't have one.

That's where this product comes in.

Functionally, this is a very simple piece of Lego, albeit a large one. Lego bricks attach to it as they should, allowing builders of all ages to build outward and upward. It's big enough for a decent sized castle, house with a lot, city scene, or whatever else your imagination dictates.

I had similarly sized plates when I was young and found them to be very handy. My kids certainly love this one, and already are building things they haven't before. This is highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on December 9, 2014
Bought for my kids who LOVE Legos... these boards are ok. I was a little disappointed at how "bendy" and flexible they are. I thought they would be a lot sturdier, like the ones I've felt at various play areas in stores. They work and do the job as long as the boards are on a table or even surface, and as long as the kids don't want to pickup the boards with lego creations attached, to transport the scene to somewhere else.... Then the flexibility issue becomes a little annoying, depending on how much their creations weigh. But the kids are fine with them so far and don't seem to mind too much, so okay in my book.
on December 16, 2013
I was totally surprised at the flimsy-ness of the plate. It's nice and big, but pretty flimsy. It still works. You just need to have something under it to keep the bricks from popping off it, so I give it an average score. Adequate, but not great.
review imagereview imagereview image
20 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 24, 2016
A must have addition to any lego collection!!! My son loves these bases to hold his designs together while he is creating, and the larger creations sometimes stay on the plate for as long as he keeps the build together. I highly recommend having a few of these in your lego creation collection.

This is an authentic lego branded product, with all the quality and durability you would expect from the real thing. Very happy with our purchase.
on February 25, 2016
Very durable...live up to the Lego Name! My son uses these in a box that my husband built for him as "grass" for his lego creations and cities. He also has some blue ones that he uses as water. Without these boards he wouldn't be able to create all the great stuff he builds. I definitely recommend them for any lego builder to use to enjoy their creations. They are a great buy and very durable.
on December 26, 2013
As with some of the other reviewers, I got this DOUBLE PRICED baseplate ~ which the seller describes as the LARGE baseplate, only to find it is the regular LEGO 10x10 baseplate, which I had ordered 2 of from another seller in the same order at half the price! Why in the world would I read a review of a LEGO baseplate? IT'S A LEGO BASEPLATE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Described as LARGE it should be LARGE. This seller is not the most honest in their description of this product and should not be allowed by Amazon to sell it as such. I was VERY disappointed.
2 people found this helpful