Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on April 1, 2013
Great little set by Duplo, our daughter loved it from the moment she saw it... If you and/or your child(ren) enjoy setting the structures up like they have in the pictures, then I advise also purchasing a LEGO Duplo Green Building Plate (15" X 15") (of which we have a few) this way the blocks have a base on which they can be sturdily built...

Of note - this purchase was one of the Amazon "warehouse deals" - the box had been cut (maybe while opening a case of them) but otherwise it was perfect! Although I had a bit of concern ordering a product that was not "new", all pieces were included and were still in the original little plastic bags inside the box. I'll happily accept a discount anytime if all damage is limited to the box which I'll be immediately recycling anyway!

In summary, great product & great Amazon Warehouse experience to boot!
on August 31, 2013
Bought this set for my 5 year old grandsons and they love it Like
the fact that their is a firetruck and fireman included.
The blocks lock together well and stay together until they want them apart.

We have since bought several of these block sets so they have
a large selection and can use their imagination to built
anything they can come up with, not just the set as intended.

Many hours are spent playing with these blocks.

I highly recommend this size block for any child with younger
siblings as they are made just like the regular size Lego
blocks, just a little larger so their isn't a choke hazard as with
the smaller blocks.
on February 9, 2014
This is a great kit. two cars and enough Lego (Duplos, to be specific) to build a few things without being so many that you can't keep track of them all. I like these little sets because of how specific they are - often the big sets become overwhelming for a kid (or an adult) because there are so many options you don't know where to start. The little kits give you a starting point, off of which you can build. We have since added several more sets (both themed like this, and general), and we almost always build off of one of the themed sets. I got this for my son at around age 2 (probably a little early), and he's loved playing with it ever since(he's now 3).

Also, beware the knockoffs. I've tried a few of those before and the poor fit that they provide from piece to piece is not worth the savings, IMO.
on December 5, 2014
This has been a instant hit with my 2.5 year old toddler! The size of the pieces are perfect for his tiny hands - he is able to put together most of the pieces (except for the ladder, putting the men on the ladder and making the men hold the fire hose), and he does a lot of pretend play putting out the fire! The dog has been his favorite and is always rescuing the dog the from the fire :)!

The dog, fireman and trucks are perfect size to take along to a restaurant and keeps him entertained there too!
on April 18, 2014
Wow... Legos have changed a LOT since I was a kid. I remember playing with Legos when I was a kid... I loved them, and thankfully, my son has acquired the same affinity. Got my son this set (along with a few others) for Christmas this last year. Wouldn't trust him not to eat (or lose, or whatever) the traditional Legos, but Duplos seem to be the perfect fit for the moment. Can't wait for a year or two from now when I can start getting him the original Legos, but until then I plan on getting the rest of this series for him!
on December 20, 2013
What's more awesome than a fire truck? I mean really.....at least for a 2 year old. Purchased this for Christmas,but caved and gave for St Nick's day. The Firetrucks and firemen are fun to play with and get a lot of use. Like any children's toy, one of the trucks is constantly at risk of getting lost in the car or at grandma's house since the kid is always clutching it tightly but that's how things work in the rough and tumble life of a pre-K toddler.
on July 22, 2014
This is set is awesome! My 21-year-old son spends HOURS playing with it! I got this as an addition to Lego Duplo Creative Play All-In-One-Box-Of-Fun which my son got as a gift and loves playing with… The Fire Station is great and gives so many options! My husband got a little creative and even made a big airplane for my son using both of the car bases… Fun for all :)
on January 28, 2013
I love these as does my 3 year old, and 2 year old grandson. My husband is teaching them how to build and they all find this quite enjoyable. Most times we have one child at a time in our home so this is enough of a set to build and enjoy. I recommend Duplo's over other brands they do what they are suppose to do. We had these many years ago when our sons were little and now buying new set for when the grandsons are here to visit. You won't be disappointed if you buy them.
on October 17, 2012
I bought this set to add on to my son's existing basic block sets. This is the first set that had a specific theme. It's been over a week already and he simply loves it. He is constantly assembling the fire trucks into different configurations. While I am not a fan of the 'canned' Lego products and was concerned this wouldn't stimulate his creativity enough I think I underestimated his ability to imagine new ways to use the fire truck theme. He has also taken to linking this set up with his other Duplo blocks allowing him to make a bigger fire house, a trailer for his fire trucks, and even a fire truck plane.

His interests are pretty typical for a 2 1/2 year old - planes, trains, fire trucks, race cars, police cars, and food. So this was right in his wheel house. But I'm still very happy with how it captured his imagination and how he's stayed interested in it. I will likely look at adding a few more of these basic sets to his collection.

If you're looking for a present for a toddler who like fire trucks I don't think you could do any better.
on January 7, 2012
I purchased this for our 2 1/2 yr old grandson for Christmas. He loves fire trucks and we have a dalmation. It was a hit right off he loved the 2 cars and did play with the rest of it a little. I feel that there could have been a better portrail of a fire station, other than a few stacking blocks and windows. I feel Legos are over priced, but still there is an attraction to them. My kids had them and as long as I can afford to buy them so will the grandkids.