Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 208 reviews
on March 28, 2015
THe thing about Duplo is that babies and toddlers dont know really what is going on with the blocks....by the time they figure it out and appreciate it for building things, its time for the regular Lego pieces. UNLESS the parents do all the work and build everything so the kids can take it all apart leaving a mess for the parents to pick up again. Forget about the Clean up song...too many pieces everywhere.

Case in point: we have a whole bucket of Duplo sets in the house - our toddlers (now little girls) never did play with them and grew out of them, even if we set it up on a base for them. Maybe they did spend some time with it, but ours lost interest a little too quickly and it is not the immersive experience with some of their other toys like...Play Doh. Maybe it depends on the kids and how far parents are willing to go with hands on play with kids. Our family likes the Play Doh. However, we just got them a small regular Lego Princess set and they love it. Kids are funny like that.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
So many companies have changed their products over the years - and not for the best (ex: Fisher Price little people sets). But not Lego. I got this set to go with Duplo legos that my daughter had 30+ years ago. My 2 year old granddaughter plays with them and I wanted to add to it. This set is wonderful - with brightly colored bricks and lots of fun and creative items to spark the imagination. And everything fits with the old Duplo bricks.
I am really impressed with the quality and the value of this set. There are all sorts of design elements - like the clear bricks that look like ice for the polar bear, the way the zoo keeper fits in the car and holds the rake, and the fact that the car can be taken apart so the base can be used elsewhere. Just very thoughtfully crafted and designed.
You get a lot for your $$ with this set. Very well worth it.
Thank you Lego for continuing to make quality toys for generations of children.
on June 19, 2014
My 2 year old granddaughter is not ready for regular Legos so I bought her this set plus the farm set. We have a lot of fun playing with it together, building and putting the animals in place and driving the car. I wish it had more building pieces but she loves the animals so it all works out. The building pieces are big enough she can put them together easily and not get frustrated. It is a good way to learn how to put pieces together before I get her smaller Legos. Our family loves Legos so they are always a good purchase.
on December 31, 2012
I ordered this for my son for Christmas; he's almost 19 months but he is very active and curious; most toys will engage him for a few minutes but then he's on to the next thing (which usually involves fidgeting with the DVD player or playing in the toilet water!). This is the perfect toy for him because there are enough pieces to keep him actively engaged for an extended period of time. He is mastering the art of stacking them together and then happily tears them apart and starts over. Every morning the first thing he does is run over to his old crib where I stack the toys and point to his legos for me to get them out. Will definitely be purchasing more duplo sets in the future!
on July 2, 2014
my kid loves these! we bought these for our daughters 1st birthday. She loved them. She played with the animals right away. Now that she is almost 2 she builds towers, and still plays with the animals and flowers.
For the price Duplos have been a great investment. I think she will get years of fun out of all her duplos :)

These have been a lot of fun for dad to play with also. He builds the stuff she knocks it down!
on December 30, 2012
Perfectly packaged high quality Lego set for a great deal of imaginative play! Love the expressions on the precious animals and zoo-keeper. A joyful toy that my 3 1/2 year old grandson selected from Amazon for Christmas himself and screamed in joy when he opened it. We also got him a great Lego table and several other Lego sets through Amazon so we dove right into building a massive zoo habitat. A few days later he had combined his zoo with the farm set and community people set. I absolutely love it, as does his parents, and it made me a Christmas hero!
on January 7, 2016
My kid stopped playing with it after the first hour. I understand if you had five different sets to combine them with it, but one set...boring. IMO
on June 30, 2011
This was purchased as a gift for my daughter from my parents and given to her when she was 13 months old.
She loves it.
She loves trying to put the blocks together (not quite able yet) and really loves pulling them all apart (very able!). She likes us talking through the animals and their different foods.
Within weeks she started saying "Tiger" - only her 5th word!
It is a really educational toy - teaching about what animals eat what food, how keepers care for them, and how tall different animals are - 1 block, 2 blocks etc.
My daughter loves it, I love it and we are looking forward to many more hours of fun.
on December 27, 2011
I bought it for my two-year-old, but both of my kids play with this toy. It is simple enough for them to play with on their own and build things without assistance. My little one really loves the animals and carries them all over the house.
on March 19, 2017
this set of Lego Duplo blocks come with cute animals. My little boy could now build a house for his favorite cat (a tiger in fact)