Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 269 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 296 reviews
on March 1, 2006
This is a good accessory to go along with your child's duplos. However...

1. After I ordered it off Amazon I realized you can get it for LESS on Lego's website or at a Lego store, if you have one... and no shipping that way, either. I feel like a dolt. I don't know why I didn't think to look - I tried Toys R Us, Target, and WalMart for Duplos, and found nothing good. So I ordered some stuff on line and just ASSUMED Amazon's prices were good, becuase they usually are.

2. Consider a LEGO baseplate instead of LEGO DUPLO. You can use Duplo blocks on a Lego base but not Lego blocks on a Duplo base. Legos and Duplos can go together but their coupling is dependant upon the Duplos' pegs being hollow. The pegs on the Duplo base are solid so you can't use Legos on it. One problem, though, Duplos don't cling QUITE as tightly to the Lego base... but they do work.)

You should maybe also know that this is kind of a bendy peice of plastic, not hard and solid and thick like the smaller Duplo bases that come with some sets (the ones that are 5X5 or so It works fine, but I was surprised to learn this, I was expecting it to be more solid.

Great item, great fun, but don't buy it here!!!

updating my original review to say several years and 3 more kids and my kids really seem to ignore this thing... and it's also taken a permanent bend to it so it doesn't lay flat. The smaller sturdier base plates get way more use - you can get a 3 pack of yellow, red, green. I think if this were solid it MIGHT get more play but it's really bendy and the bricks just pop off too easily.
44 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2007
My 2 year-old son liked dumping his Mega Blocks out of the bag, then putting them back, but I couldn't seem to get him interested in stacking them. This mat did the trick! Now we spend a lot of time making "towers" together. When I ask him if he wants to build something, he immediately runs to get his bag of blocks and this mat. I highly recommend it. And, even though it's made by Lego, it does fit the Mega Blocks.
on February 24, 2006
It is so frustrating for my 4-year-old son to build with his Duplo blocks because it is hard to build a house from scratch on the floor....now that he has these green base plates (I bought 2 of them so he and his sister could build at the same time), he can build all he likes and doesn't fuss anymore about it being hard to keep his house together. A MUST HAVE for anyone with Duplo blocks!!!
on March 22, 2014
its an ok product and serves the purpose but...it would be nice to have it a bit bigger size. I bought a lego Duplo table and the grids are ridiculous. Its hard to fit in them pieces even for an adult. They just fall off. So I bought this Plate, which is really good for Duplo as it has the right size grids, just as the table SHOULD. But it would be good if they had plates of different sizes and especially the size of those "lego tables" (they mostly the same size). That way this plate can actually "fix" the badly built tables for Duplo. Its a good plate but its cents and for a price i would hope to have a size choice.
on December 9, 2012
This works well for any age that can build to construct things on a solid platform with enough room to do a lot. Recommend for any age.
on December 26, 2014
A little less sturdy than I anticipated but still a good product.
on December 10, 2014
I first bought the Lego building plate for smaller sized Legos because I read that that plate can also be used for Duplo blocks. However, the Lego plate fit was imperfect and frustrated my 4.5 year old when he tried to put Duplos on the Lego building plate. So, I bought this Duplo building plate and it is so much easier for him to get his Duplos to stay put on the plate. The Duplo blocks are the perfect size for his age (4-5 year olds). In a year or two I am sure he will be on to the smaller legos but right now, the Duplos allow him to build easily without frustrating him with extra small pieces.

This Duplo buildiung plate is also a good size at 15 inches. It allows for building of various structures with the Duplo sized blocks. I bought two of them so that both of my kids could play side by side. I am happy with the purchase.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old who loves blocks but hadn't been able to truly build with them. I wanted to get him a Lego table, but after sticker shock over the price of one, I decided to make one. So, I purchased one of these, glued it to an inexpensive end table and voila! A Lego table that cost us $30 total!! It works wonderfully, and incidentally, this mat will work on the Lego Duplo blocks as well as the Mega Blocks! He loves it!
review image
on January 5, 2015
The Duplo blocks connect more easily to each other than they do to this board. Not sure what the manufacturing issue is, but there is something non-standard in the board. This board is a bit flexible, & the knobs on it are closed, rather than open like the knobs on the blocks themselves. Not sure if either of these design features contribute to this flaw or not. Board is OK though, just a good bit more difficult for my daughter (or me also) to connect Duplo blocks to this Duplo board. But she is able usually to still make connections. My evaluation is that this board rates as "OK".
on November 13, 2001
I had my Duplo Lego's for a few months before I ordered this base. I did not how handy it would be until I got it. It is so much easier to built buildings and structures with this very solid sturdy base! You can simply snap the Lego's into the base and go from there, making creations much sturdier and easier to create! My baby has a lot of fun with it too. A must have for Duplo owners.