Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 1, 2006
This is a good accessory to go along with your child's duplos. However...

1. After I ordered it off Amazon I realized you can get it for LESS on Lego's website or at a Lego store, if you have one... and no shipping that way, either. I feel like a dolt. I don't know why I didn't think to look - I tried Toys R Us, Target, and WalMart for Duplos, and found nothing good. So I ordered some stuff on line and just ASSUMED Amazon's prices were good, becuase they usually are.

2. Consider a LEGO baseplate instead of LEGO DUPLO. You can use Duplo blocks on a Lego base but not Lego blocks on a Duplo base. Legos and Duplos can go together but their coupling is dependant upon the Duplos' pegs being hollow. The pegs on the Duplo base are solid so you can't use Legos on it. One problem, though, Duplos don't cling QUITE as tightly to the Lego base... but they do work.)

You should maybe also know that this is kind of a bendy peice of plastic, not hard and solid and thick like the smaller Duplo bases that come with some sets (the ones that are 5X5 or so It works fine, but I was surprised to learn this, I was expecting it to be more solid.

Great item, great fun, but don't buy it here!!!

updating my original review to say several years and 3 more kids and my kids really seem to ignore this thing... and it's also taken a permanent bend to it so it doesn't lay flat. The smaller sturdier base plates get way more use - you can get a 3 pack of yellow, red, green. I think if this were solid it MIGHT get more play but it's really bendy and the bricks just pop off too easily.
44 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2007
My 2 year-old son liked dumping his Mega Blocks out of the bag, then putting them back, but I couldn't seem to get him interested in stacking them. This mat did the trick! Now we spend a lot of time making "towers" together. When I ask him if he wants to build something, he immediately runs to get his bag of blocks and this mat. I highly recommend it. And, even though it's made by Lego, it does fit the Mega Blocks.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old who loves blocks but hadn't been able to truly build with them. I wanted to get him a Lego table, but after sticker shock over the price of one, I decided to make one. So, I purchased one of these, glued it to an inexpensive end table and voila! A Lego table that cost us $30 total!! It works wonderfully, and incidentally, this mat will work on the Lego Duplo blocks as well as the Mega Blocks! He loves it!
review image
on February 24, 2006
It is so frustrating for my 4-year-old son to build with his Duplo blocks because it is hard to build a house from scratch on the floor....now that he has these green base plates (I bought 2 of them so he and his sister could build at the same time), he can build all he likes and doesn't fuss anymore about it being hard to keep his house together. A MUST HAVE for anyone with Duplo blocks!!!
on November 13, 2001
I had my Duplo Lego's for a few months before I ordered this base. I did not how handy it would be until I got it. It is so much easier to built buildings and structures with this very solid sturdy base! You can simply snap the Lego's into the base and go from there, making creations much sturdier and easier to create! My baby has a lot of fun with it too. A must have for Duplo owners.
on May 6, 2014
This Lego duplo base plate is huge, it is literally 15"x15" and I was so shocked as I had read the reviews which had said this was small. I think they were buying the smaller one. The ones I've found in Target or Toys R Us have never been this large. They have been about the standard base plate size, just for Duplos and still cost $15.99. For 18,99 I was able to get this super large base plate. My 3.5 yr old son is thrilled, he is so excited to have a base plate too. Definitely recommend.
review image
on September 14, 2014
This is extremely durable,
This has been bent,thrown, stomped and anything else you can think of but still does not have a crack or even a scratch !!

I pleasantly surprised by how strong this is.
on November 18, 2013
Used these plates to build a lego table for my grandson. Had to send the first one back due to chipping. These are very flimsy and hollow so they can be damaged very easily if something is dropped on them. Not solid like the older legos. Lego should be ashamed of this product.
on December 10, 2014
I first bought the Lego building plate for smaller sized Legos because I read that that plate can also be used for Duplo blocks. However, the Lego plate fit was imperfect and frustrated my 4.5 year old when he tried to put Duplos on the Lego building plate. So, I bought this Duplo building plate and it is so much easier for him to get his Duplos to stay put on the plate. The Duplo blocks are the perfect size for his age (4-5 year olds). In a year or two I am sure he will be on to the smaller legos but right now, the Duplos allow him to build easily without frustrating him with extra small pieces.

This Duplo buildiung plate is also a good size at 15 inches. It allows for building of various structures with the Duplo sized blocks. I bought two of them so that both of my kids could play side by side. I am happy with the purchase.
on December 6, 2011
We bought this and used gorilla glue to mount it onto a little table we bought at IKEA. We have 5 boys and we originally made it for our oldest, who is now 6. Consistantly, our 2-3 year-olds LOVE this smaller, cheaper version of a lego table. We keep a bin of the dulpo legos under the table, and it has been played with for countless hours. Even my older boys still use it on a regular basis. It's been a great investment.