Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $29.99 shipping
LEGO Duplo Legoville Deluxe Train Set (5609)
|Price:||$242.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Motorized train with 2 wagons that provides hours of fun (batteries not included)
- 30 tracks (9 straight, 20 curved & 1 crossing)
- Conveyer belt and crane with loading functions
- 3 Duplo figures
- 116 pieces
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The train is EASY to use. The simple push button stop and start is a cinch for her. If she stands in front of the train and it hits her foot it stops and turns off as well. If you pick it up, the wheels stop too- so we've not had any hair tangling issues (hooray!)
The duplo bricks are easy to assemble -- even for her, her buildings may not look like the pictures, but she has fun- so that is what matters.
The tracks are easy to put together piece by piece-- but they also come apart really easily as well. A big issue on the carpet, but less of one on wood floors. I think if you have a lego table, you can fix them down on there which would solve the issue entirely.
The track set-up(s) you can assemble with the pieces in the box is great- but my kids destroyed the box and just start attaching pieces somewhat haphazardly-- it still works, but doesn't make a loop. On that note, the train will happily run right off the end of a track piece and KEEP GOING until it hits something or 2 minutes pass. This leads to a lot of giggling at my house- but may not be your idea of fun.
The train has some built in safety mechanisms- it stops when you pick it up and shuts off after 2 minutes of running until you re-press the button. HOWEVER! My 3 year old did figure out how to hurt herself with it. She likes to run the train across the floor, the table, etc and decided to run it on her arm.Read more ›
First, you'll want to use epoxy or hot-melt glue to fasten the green parts to the engine. Although it's cool to be able to exchange these, in practice they just come off every time you try to lift it. Glue it and forget it. The same goes with the gas station - it's better to glue it all up and keep it whole than to always be rebuilding it.
Second, you will want more tracks, but Lego doesn't give you a huge choice in tracks. You can get some more straight and curved pieces, but you'll soon discover that you need junctions or crossovers. Lego doesn't have this very worked out. If you want to go to the next level, you'll have to buy a number of different sets and put much more time and effort into designing a track configuration, which is good when the child is 4 or 5, I suppose. It's nice that the trains and trucks are compatible, so getting trucks is a good investment.
Finally, it works wonderfully with rechargeable batteries. One charge lasts three weeks at our house. It's best on a floor (rather than carpet) and stays together nicely. I highly recommend it for 2 years and up.
Very well built toy.
* For the first few months, we had to help my daughter assemble the tracks, but at 2.5, she now does it on her own. The track parts have a lot of slack and fit like a puzzle, making it very easy to put together.
* It was the first duplo set we bought, but there are enough pieces in there to have some fun building blocks. My daughter found it difficult to assemble the blocks at first, but a few months later, she does it herself.
* The train starts at the push of a large button on its top. Easy enough to use from 1 year old. When the train falls, hits any object or when you pick it up, it stops. The train will also stop on its own after a couple of minutes. So it makes it safe and does not drain the battery for hours. My daughter loves to run it off-track in the living room. The train will go until it hits a wall, lots of fun!
* A particularly nice addition is the gas pump. The train had a small hole for gas at the top, and when the pump is entered in the hole, the train does a funny "gloop gloop" sound. My daughter loves it! And it's been good to help her practice her fine motor skills
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the quality of Lego. We have had lots of fun playing with this train set with our grandsons. The ages should say 2-60+.Published on February 26, 2014 by shbrink
I gave this to my 2.5 year old son for christmas, and he loves it. It doesn't work great on rugs, but that's true of lego in general. Read morePublished on February 15, 2014 by illovich
My son loves this lego set especially the train that can go on the track. We drops the green train many times and it is still going strong! Choo choo...Published on January 6, 2014 by Liku Liku
This is probably the best purchase I have ever made! My son has played with it for hours and hours and I can see it getting many more years of use. Read morePublished on December 8, 2013 by Sandy Hicks
I love this toy, my daughter loves this toy, her friends love this toy, the boys from across the street love this toy. Read morePublished on November 19, 2013 by M. Franz
My son got this set for his birthday and he LOVED it. He got it when he was two and the tracks are easy for him to handle and connect. Read morePublished on November 13, 2013 by MarinaVanessa
My toddler loves using this train set and can assemble them himself. We got these, along with sets of straight and curved rails, for him at Christmas. Read morePublished on May 8, 2013 by Betsy Finn