Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on June 30, 2010
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)

Green 90 10%
Orange 24 3%
Light Blue 24 3%
Light Green 24 3%
1818 comments| 1,484 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 12, 2016
Lego has been a trusted brand in our family for many years. As much as we love the themed sets that Lego provides, there is never enough blocks for "free building play" to go around. I set out on a mission to purchase basic bricks. At first, I tried that large online bidding site. I was disappointed that all the bricks had been sorted out and I was left with pounds of specialty pieces. I then went to my trusted Amazon and found this Lego Education set, which has been discontinued. As soon as I saw that fantastic price of $43, I purchased two sets! I was iffy when I read the reviews, but I can assure you, it comes with a nice variety and a good amount of bricks! Such a great gift for your builder! A nice supplement to your existing sets or use this as an introductory set. The bricks are the same size as the regular Legos. They are NOT Duplo size. They come with a nice variety of bricks. A great value at 4.8 cents per brick!
review image review image review image
on December 31, 2013
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.
on July 8, 2013
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.
66 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
I looked for months for a lego set for my nephew that wasn't themed, a lego set like I played with as a kid, you know a set that required imagination and not a complex set of instructions designed to make your eye twitch and your nostrils flare. And then I came across this set. PERFECT! 884 blocks that aren't shaped like little men or tiny parts that once lost render the rest of the set useless. Imagination required to build the things that you imagine vs the things that the instruction set says you are to build. Brightly colored and a pain in the butt to pull apart, and that hurt like crazy when you step on them barefooted in the middle of the night. I've read elsewhere that this product has been discontinued by Lego and I'm glad I was able to get them for my Nephew before Amazon ran out of stock. He was the most excited kid on the planet when he opened them Christmas. I can't wait to see multi colored contraptions that he will build with them that require a lengthy conversation for him to explain how the space station works or how the rays shoot out of the gun when he encounters aliens.
on July 24, 2015
This is a great set. While I love some of the Lego themes and amazing specialty sets, I was glad to learn that they still make Lego sets that allow for creativity. Plenty of pieces that allow for free building. Contrary to some opinions I've heard, I feel like the newer Legos are still very well made.
review image
on January 25, 2016
These definitely are a creative, free form of Lego building with NO instructions - you just need your imagination! Which is exactly what my daughter wanted. It's a good size set with plenty of pieces to build for hours.
on December 31, 2013
We needed more lego pieces so my son could build his own creations. I thought this set was the best bang for your buck. We looked at several other brick lego sets but thought this had the most pieces for the best price. Quick delivery.
on January 15, 2015
Pretty cool set of Legos. My son loves buildign things. I need to make him a table.
on November 13, 2015
Great set with the larger bricks. I can't wait until Christmas to give it to my boys!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.