Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on June 30, 2010
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)

Green 90 10%
Orange 24 3%
Light Blue 24 3%
Light Green 24 3%
1818 comments| 1,486 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 12, 2016
Lego has been a trusted brand in our family for many years. As much as we love the themed sets that Lego provides, there is never enough blocks for "free building play" to go around. I set out on a mission to purchase basic bricks. At first, I tried that large online bidding site. I was disappointed that all the bricks had been sorted out and I was left with pounds of specialty pieces. I then went to my trusted Amazon and found this Lego Education set, which has been discontinued. As soon as I saw that fantastic price of $43, I purchased two sets! I was iffy when I read the reviews, but I can assure you, it comes with a nice variety and a good amount of bricks! Such a great gift for your builder! A nice supplement to your existing sets or use this as an introductory set. The bricks are the same size as the regular Legos. They are NOT Duplo size. They come with a nice variety of bricks. A great value at 4.8 cents per brick!
review image review image review image
on December 31, 2013
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.
on July 8, 2013
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.
66 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2016
I wasn't sure about buying this set, because there's so little information about it. I finally decided that if I got it from Amazon, I could always return it if I hated it. I love this Lego set! When I was a kid, my parents bought me a blue bucket of Legos. There were two of the older square people, about 4 windows, and 2 doors. The rest was purely bricks.

This Lego set reminds me of those Legos. There are no doors, and no windows or people. Just bricks. Bricks in all sizes, and many colors. The set comes divided into a few bags, and in a plain brown box with a label. There are plenty of bricks for building a house, or starting a town. There is no instruction sheet of any kind, just use your imagination of look online for ideas. This set was a great addition to the specialty sets that we have purchased. It expands building options, and gives you a great base of blocks for a collection.

I would totally recommend this set for any parent looking to add a bunch of blocks to their kids collections. This is one of those hidden gems of Legos.
on June 22, 2016
This lego set is really good if you need extra pieces or can make your own models. It comes with no instructions and is in a brown box. Price per brick is excellent. Pieces come in all the basic colors: yellow, white, blue, green, and black. Coming in at less than 4 cents a brick is extremely cheap, at least at the price I got it for. Would definitely recommend when its on sale, its an excellent deal.
on July 24, 2015
This is a great set. While I love some of the Lego themes and amazing specialty sets, I was glad to learn that they still make Lego sets that allow for creativity. Plenty of pieces that allow for free building. Contrary to some opinions I've heard, I feel like the newer Legos are still very well made.
review image
on June 20, 2016
This set is a great addition. It seems that all the sets, whether they are a Basic set or a Creator model, will include a multitude of special bricks. My collection became a wide array of sloped, curved, smooth, round, walky talky, and other various greebles. What was missing is good ol' baseline construction bricks. This set includes a multitude of 2by and 1by bricks in assorted lengths suitable to build more basic structures.
The colors are all the more standard fair without some of the more vibrant greens, blues, pinks and purples the Basic sets will include.
on July 21, 2016
The assortment I received was not as described, nor was it what I expected. We love Legos. We've purchased many education sets in the past and been very pleased. The grouping of blocks in this item does not seem correct. While I have nearly 200 (of 884 total bricks) that are 1x2 bricks, I received only a handful of 2x4 and ten total 1x10 bricks in only four colors, etc. Some types have all the colors described but most are simple white, red, blue and yellow. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed.
on February 14, 2015
I bought it two years ago for my now 7 year old and he and his brother soon to be 9 years old play with this set everyday. It works fine, they have built a lot of models things with it.

Only suggestion to anyone buying it, have a good place to store them as like any other toys which involve pieces, these get scattered all over the place.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.