Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 30, 2010
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)

1,486 helpful votes
1,487 helpful votes
1818 comments|Report abuse
on December 31, 2013
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.
36 helpful votes
37 helpful votes
on July 8, 2013
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.
99 helpful votes
100 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on July 12, 2012
My son and I both love legos, and were hoping for more from this bulk kit. While it contains a large number of pieces, the majority of them are very small pieces. Very few of the standard bricks. We were hoping to use this set to construct houses and buildings. However, there are really not enough of the standard size bricks to do so.
195 helpful votes
196 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on June 8, 2016
I wasn't sure about buying this set, because there's so little information about it. I finally decided that if I got it from Amazon, I could always return it if I hated it. I love this Lego set! When I was a kid, my parents bought me a blue bucket of Legos. There were two of the older square people, about 4 windows, and 2 doors. The rest was purely bricks.

This Lego set reminds me of those Legos. There are no doors, and no windows or people. Just bricks. Bricks in all sizes, and many colors. The set comes divided into a few bags, and in a plain brown box with a label. There are plenty of bricks for building a house, or starting a town. There is no instruction sheet of any kind, just use your imagination of look online for ideas. This set was a great addition to the specialty sets that we have purchased. It expands building options, and gives you a great base of blocks for a collection.

I would totally recommend this set for any parent looking to add a bunch of blocks to their kids collections. This is one of those hidden gems of Legos.
3 helpful votes
on June 22, 2016
This lego set is really good if you need extra pieces or can make your own models. It comes with no instructions and is in a brown box. Price per brick is excellent. Pieces come in all the basic colors: yellow, white, blue, green, and black. Coming in at less than 4 cents a brick is extremely cheap, at least at the price I got it for. Would definitely recommend when its on sale, its an excellent deal.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 24, 2015
This is a great set. While I love some of the Lego themes and amazing specialty sets, I was glad to learn that they still make Lego sets that allow for creativity. Plenty of pieces that allow for free building. Contrary to some opinions I've heard, I feel like the newer Legos are still very well made.
review image
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
on June 20, 2016
This set is a great addition. It seems that all the sets, whether they are a Basic set or a Creator model, will include a multitude of special bricks. My collection became a wide array of sloped, curved, smooth, round, walky talky, and other various greebles. What was missing is good ol' baseline construction bricks. This set includes a multitude of 2by and 1by bricks in assorted lengths suitable to build more basic structures.
The colors are all the more standard fair without some of the more vibrant greens, blues, pinks and purples the Basic sets will include.
on July 21, 2016
The assortment I received was not as described, nor was it what I expected. We love Legos. We've purchased many education sets in the past and been very pleased. The grouping of blocks in this item does not seem correct. While I have nearly 200 (of 884 total bricks) that are 1x2 bricks, I received only a handful of 2x4 and ten total 1x10 bricks in only four colors, etc. Some types have all the colors described but most are simple white, red, blue and yellow. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed.
on February 14, 2015
I bought it two years ago for my now 7 year old and he and his brother soon to be 9 years old play with this set everyday. It works fine, they have built a lot of models things with it.

Only suggestion to anyone buying it, have a good place to store them as like any other toys which involve pieces, these get scattered all over the place.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.