Customer Reviews: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Playstation 3
4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on November 13, 2011
My kids are huge fans of the LEGO Video game series - we already own 5 of them (Star Wars, Harry Potter 1-4 , Pirates of the Carribbean). So far, we're about 20% of the way into this game, and my kids think this is the best one. The graphics, animation, and details keep improving with each new Lego title.

What I like most about the Lego games is the number of hidden secrets which encourage the kids to explore every single item on the screen. It's a must-buy for any Harry Potter or Lego fan.
on December 1, 2011
I am not really a video game person, but I decided to give this one a go since I am a huge Harry Potter fan. My husband recommended this game to me as something that I might like playing and how right he was!

I give his game a 10/10. There really is no way around it. The graphics are funny and the extra hidden abilities throughout the levels are what really make this game so great. As you unlock more and more items you can go back into free play and get what you couldn't before. I admit it is a bit addicting! :) I'm about half way through the game currently and there is still plenty of more game time.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a game to play that is challenging, but also fun. There are just so many things to do. I like the variety of spells that you can unlock and purchase. Plus there are so many characters to choose from when going into free play. You can even customize your own characters by purchasing them. A lot of characters have their own unique sets of skills as well that I personally really like. Not everyone is the same.

What really makes this game as well is playing with 2 players. Single player is fun on its own, but there is definitely some bonding there when you're yelling at one another to not let the "mushroom man" kill you.

Definitely get this. It's so worth it.

Sidenote: this is a following of the movies, and not necessarily of the books. That is something I noticed. Nonetheless, it's still amazing.
on November 16, 2011
I am not a big fan of the Lego games, EXCEPT for Lego Harry Potter. This new title has the same replay value as the first installment. The amazing graphics along with the music from the movies, plus the fun of the game itself, will keep you playing for more. There are all sorts of extra stuff for players to explore as well. What I really love about the game is that there are plenty of challenges without the game being nearly impossible. I give this game a 10/10!!!!!
on March 15, 2012
I am a huge Harry Potter fan so naturally I had to have the Lego Harry Potter games. My husband and I have played the Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman games before on the Xbox 360 and had a lot of fun. I am a causal gamer--actually besides the Lego games I don't do much playing at all. I purchased the Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 game for the Xbox and we had a lot of fun. We got a PlayStation for Christmas and thought we would try out Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on it. It was amazing!

I don't know if there was just that big of a difference between the Xbox and PlayStation version, or if the improvement was the game itself--but the graphics and color were amazing! It was worth every penny. Beautifully done. I purchased this game at the beginning of February and we played for an hour or so almost every day--and finally beat the game last week! It takes awhile to get through all of the levels, go back and collect every Hogwarts crest, red brick, character token, etc. I was never bored. After beating all of the other Lego games we played in the past, we have never gone back and played them for a second time. I think that I might make an exception for this one. I don't know that I will play the Years 1-4 version again, but I will play this one more than once!

Another positive note: less bugs than other Lego games. There were times in other Lego games where all of the sudden you would be stuck--behind an object or in midair or something....and there was nothing you could do except re-set. This only happened once on this game--we destroyed a pile of objects and in a few minutes it reappeared, but couldn't be destroyed again. And it was blocking our way--no other way around it. We didn't lose much progress. However, in the first Harry Potter game we found that the bugs increased if we had "Invincibility" turned on, so we did not turn it on at all during this game. With "Regenerate Hearts" unlocked it not really necessary anyway.

I highly recommend this game.
on March 20, 2015
My boys love Lego Games. They were so happy to add this one to their collection. With hours of fun and lots of things to do. They are ages 10 and 11 and I have found these games help them get along and laugh a lot more. Not to mention when they have to do things on the game to work together. Happy kids makes a happy mom!! 2 thumbs up!!
on November 17, 2011
If you're like me you're already a fan of the lego game series. I picked up Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 and it was better than the first. If your looking for a family game or just something fun and silly to unwind I definitely recommend this one. If you played the Harry Potter years 1-4 you know the game was plagued with bugs that were thankfully not present in this newest one. It also introduced some of my favorite characters from the series, such as Luna and Xenophilus Lovegood.
on March 6, 2015
I love this game! You should play them in order, but if you're going to do yourself the disservice of only getting one, get this one! There's so much more! I'm driving my bf nuts with this, but I don't even notice until I'm suddenly hungry and realize it's 10pm & all I've done after work is let my pups out and feed them. It's so good, I don't ever want it to end! Just like the books. But the games are very obviously based off of the movie, which is my only complaint, because as everyone knows, the books are SO much better..
on March 23, 2016
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my son. He loves the lego games and him and I get to play them together. We normally zip right through the games because they are on the simpler side and I understand they are lego and geared more towards children but this one is harder and we are still not done with it. We have enjoyed this one very much.
on June 2, 2016
Very novel two person game. The game play is fairly basic. There are light elements of strategy but I feel like we spend way too much time collecting coins and Lego pieces. It is fun to see all the characters from the books/movies as Lego people and explore their world.
on April 23, 2015
LOVE this game, I don't often play video games but the Lego series is great and so witty with its adaptations. I like that, unlike in newer games, the characters in the story sections mumble and gesture instead of having actual voice acting -- it's much more entertaining. This game is mostly like the earlier years 1-4 game, with a few improvements to game mechanics and additional locations. It's very fun to reenact the stories that you know from the books and films. It actually helps a lot if you know the story well to begin with so that you understand all of the detail in the game.