About the Product
- Play as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger as well as other favorite characters.
- Explore the wizarding world including Hogwarts(TM) castle, Diagon Alley(TM), the Forbidden Forest and the village of Hogsmeade(TM).
- Attend lessons, cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to earn house points.
- Cast a spell with a friend and play through the first four stories as a team with Drop-in, Drop-out Co-Op play.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
STEAM Client required to activate.
|OS:||Vista and XP|
|Processor:||Intel P4 1.8 GHz/AMD Athlon XP 2200+|
|Hard Drive:||5 GB|
|Video Card:||ATU X1300/NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 (256 MB RAM)|
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 software © 2010 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2010 The LEGO Group. Windows and the Windows Vista Start button are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
Top Customer Reviews
1) The game. The game is an innovative take on the standard Lego game engine (which I have been used to from the Star Wars versions), with a much more fluid game interface and transition giving it a stronger feel of a cohesive world. I'm not that familiar with the Harry Potter story, but my son (the game player) finds that it fits right in with the story line. I did notice that the Lego tradition of no dialog (only grunting) in the video transitions completely breaks down. If you don't know the movies (or at least the book) they make no sense. It took my son over 8 hours to play the game through to the end (just to get to the levels, not to do the free play). Overall it is a fun game for those who like Harry Potter and the general Lego take on these things in its games. Just on that basis I would give it a 4 star rating.
2) The bugs. Their technical support tells me that Windows 7 is not supported. I have a laptop with Windows 7 and better graphics which would crash. There were two types of crashes. Random crashes that just didn't repeat if you replayed the level, and then there were two specific points in the game which crashed 100% of the time. I was able to get around those crashes by lowering the graphics setting in one place, and raising it back up in the other. I moved it to an older Vista machine, and it works (it crashes on exit, but who cares?). That older Vista machine has a lousy graphics card and to the credit of the game makers, they adjust the graphics down to compensate, so the game works fine.Read more ›
Excellent tech support (and you most likely will need it). Be sure your machine WELL EXCEEDS the basic hardware requirements required for the game to function properly. I would even recommend that it surpasses recommended hardware specs for a trouble-free gaming experience as this game makes some serious demands on your system if run with all options enabled.
I had many issues and challenges with this game the first weeks after release but have since resolved all challenges I faced both with TT Games support and through personal trial and error. Now it's back to fun and am looking to complete it this weekend.
Incidentally, I am running this on Windows 7 32-bit with 4 GB of RAM on an Intel Dual-Core 1.86 GHz machine. Just make sure that you have a VERY good video card with sufficient power to run this game. Some of the later levels are very graphics intensive and will bog your machine down to crash mode if you do not have sufficient resources.
The game hangs very often. If it had no bugs, it would be the best LEGO game of them all. The characters can cast different spells and potions, fly in brooms, etc. Hogwarts is huge with many places to explore. The graphics are beautiful and detailed and the different actions each character can do are numerous.
The worst bug was in the part with Fluffy (the 3-headed dog). It didn't behave correctly, so that the solution to the puzzle didn't work. Restarting the game didn't help either. I had to create a new save point and play the game all over again. The second time it worked well.
Hanging around the Leaky Cauldron would cause the game to hang every time, so I would try to leave it as soon as possible. Sometimes, one of the Xbox controllers would work and not the other (I played it with the controllers plugged to my PC).
I noticed if I completed a chapter and waited until the new chapter started before quitting the game, most of the time the game would not hang. This could be psychological because I have only played the story game once (no free play).
My recommendation is to wait until the game drops in price to $10 and then buy it. That way you won't feel so bad putting up with the bugs and restarting the chapters. I was able to finish the game, but I'm not going to try free play. It's just too buggy.Read more ›
First off, the gameplay is just about flawless but I do have a nitpick or two:
- If you can think of any character in the Harry Potter Universe, you can pretty much play as that character in the LEGO Game. My wife was especially excited when she realized she could play as a plasticised version of Robert Pattinson (He's SOOO DREAMY!! Could LEGO Twilight be next?!).
- One of the bonus extras that shows up early in the game prevents characters from constantly falling to their doom, which was a *huge* problem with previous games. Sure, it's a 3D game, but it's also on a 2D screen and thus the lack of depth perception makes the location of some objects difficult to figure out in relation to other objects. Perhaps this isn't an issue if you have a 3D screen?
- While playing with two players, the screen "splits" in order to allow individuals to explore without needing their companion to tag along. It's a weird effect that does take some time to get used to, but it makes 2-player multitasking so much easier and much more fun.
- The idea of having the characters use the Wingardium Leviosa spell to build objects is genius and extremely fun to watch.
- Like the other LEGO games, the surprises, creativity, and slightly dark humor put into the game are just a joy to behold. It must be a lot of fun working for Traveler's Tales!
- Music from the scores for the first four films -- including Patrick Doyle's -- is a nice touch.
- The game is huge! My wife and I are spending a lot more time getting to the 100% level than other LEGO games.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
HP, Star Wars, and Marvel Heroes are, imo, the best lego games to play as a grownup. HP is great because of the enormous cast, the spells that make lego-ing a breeze, and Hogwarts. Read morePublished 2 months ago by bythesea
Could not get this to download properly- total waste of money. Haven't been able to play. No way to contact company- never purchase from Amazon againPublished 2 months ago by Asandel
This game is so addictive! I have always loved Harry Potter and have never been much of a gamer, but this one got me. It is very much true to the movie as far as design and theme.Published 2 months ago by Angelina Shuman
This cannot be played from Amazon, you have to install an application called Steam to use it, and Amazon's instructions don't work. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Steve B
It does not work! Upon installation, it would not go past the "updating component registration" stage of installation. Couldn't get the installation process past 80%. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Bernard Renaud
Impossible to play due to huge number of bugs. Very dissapointingPublished 6 months ago by Hydrospheric
I really love legos games because they are good for unwinding. No stress, but fun puzzle like games. The story line was very similar to the books and movies. Lots of funPublished 8 months ago by Johnny five
First, when I tried to download it made me order STEAM. Then it said "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Roberta C Armstrong
game wont load to even play, windows 8, hung up on updating component registrationPublished 11 months ago by A. McNeill