Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 249 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on December 5, 2016
I am a huge fan of all of the LEGO video games. So, when I saw that the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 version came out, I had to get it right away. This is the sequel to 1-4, which I already had, and it is a perfect continuation. The creators did an amazing job. The gameplay is fun and exciting and both kids and adults of all ages. I love that you do not have to play in order like the older LEGO games, and that you have full access to the game and grounds, and the story just builds as you go.
on January 4, 2012
If you are a fan of the Lego/Movie Tie-in video games then you have another very good title in Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7.

My son (who is 9) loves the Lego series and Lego's in general. He has had all the games and they are a delight to play with him. I do have a warm spot in my heart for the original Lego Star Wars Trilogy set but have enjoyed playing all of them with him.

It is a game that is easy for a child to pick up and play but still fun for an adult. In other words you won't play it just because your child wants to play a game. You should not mind too much putting the more mature games away to enjoy this little romp.

The few technical issues have seemed to have mostly disappeared (perhaps through some dynamic updates). And the game was not really hindered by them in the first place. Yes sometimes you do have to get your character in an exact right place to perform an action but is few and far between, and they are not in game life or death situations. They will take you just a few seconds of trial and error moving your character around.

Not the best Lego game to date but very good.
on August 14, 2013
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is the sequel to the first LEGO Harry Potter, which covers years 1-4. This game is rated E - Everyone and does not include any foul language or suggestive material. The music is excellent and the graphics are the best I've seen in a LEGO game.

In LEGO Harry Potter games, you'll play as Harry Potter and a variety of other characters while traveling through the movie storyline. This game will not include any of the scenes from the books that did not make it into the movies. However, there will be sections of the game that were not included in the movies but are needed to transition from one level to another. There are countless things to destroy through out the game; adding both variety and fun. These games also add humorous twists to the story that make each scene fun to watch.

This game shares many of the same aspects as the first game but has noticable differences. On of the first things that you'll notice right away is that the camera angles are different and the zoom is further away than the first game. You'll also notice that there are no mini puzzle games to play, as there was in the first game. The game has the same amount of levels, but 70% of the game occurs inbetween zones and traveling between one zone to another; making the game longer. Additional spells have been added and they have eliminated "fast travel," which means you have to walk everywhere you go. This last tidbit is particular maddening because everytime you want to go back to Diagon Alley to buy something, you have to walk to the train station, get on the train, arrive in Hogsmead, walk to the castle, walk back to the section that you're currently exploring and then go back to the level you just left. It can take literally 10 minutes to get back to where you were originally. However, you can still enter levels from the pub. There is also a new (and very entertaining) dueling feature added to the game, where you enter a dueling circle and battle enemies with spells. You'll also notice that it is nearly impossible to get True Wizard for the first 50% of the game, until you find the red brick for x4.

Overall, my family has enjoyed this game but not as much as the first game. The levels are not harder to play, but it is more difficult to figure out what you're supposed to do in order to progress. You can spend countless hours doing the same thing over and over with no reward because the game will allow you to destroy and rebuild the same object as many times as you want. The positioning required to do certain tasks is a bit rigid, making the game frustrating at times. Replay value for adults is next to none. I am happy that I got this game for $12, but if I had spent $60 on it like a normal Xbox game, then I would have been upset.
on April 1, 2017
This game is SO ADDICTING! I love all of the funny little things they added to the story. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good game. It's kid friendly, but also very entertaining for adults!
on May 24, 2017
I bought this game for myself after my boyfriend bought me years 1-4 for xmas and it is a really fun game! I don't like first person games where you have to direct where the camera looks, so it's perfect for me, and i love harry potter, so even better!
on May 3, 2013
The Positives:
Far less bugs and glitches, To the point where they are pretty much unnoticeable.
Improved graphics make the game look much better then before.
Gameplay has been tweaked and makes it easier to perform and change spells.
Far easier to find collectibles then it was in the previous game.
The game actually tells you what you need to do certain things, Such as needing an animal to dig a dig spot.
Plenty of missions between levels that explore Hogwarts as well as other areas to the fullest.

The Negatives:
Soundtrack is no where near as impressive as it was in the previous game.
The levels themselves only take a few mins to beat, are over rather quickly, and are rather uneventful.
Far too fast and easy to beat, I am only 3 missions into Year 6 and I have already completed 40+% of the game.
Not as fun as I hoped it would be.

Overall, Years 5-7 is a pretty solid game. I just wished the levels themselves had more depth to them. Other than that, I would recommend it if you liked the first one.
on March 21, 2013
I have played LEGO: Star Wars, BATMAN, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, HP Years 1-4, and each one has been thoroughly enjoyable. HP Years 5-7 is no different, I played it mostly with my 9 year old daughter but my 4 year old, 5 year old and 8 year olds also played, and everyone of them had a fabulous time (although I enjoyed it best with my 9 year old who was more proficient with the controls). This is a great family fun game, and a nice break from the hyper realistic games that are out there.
on April 1, 2017
This item was the perfect gift for my grandson. The quality was as listed; the service was prompt; the item arrived in a timely manner; and the price was just right. Very happy!!
on April 17, 2017
All lego games are so great! Funny and very easy and enjoyable.
on November 11, 2011
My wife and I played through the first Lego Harry Potter game, and we loved it. We've played other lego games, but by far the Harry Potter game was our favorite. So, we were way excited when we got the second Lego Harry Potter today. After playing it for several hours, I am very pleased with how similar the gameplay is to the first game, yet it's different enough to keep it interesting. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has played and enjoyed the first game. It's great!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.