Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,024 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,133 reviews
on November 1, 2013
This is the perfect game to play with your kids. We've played through just about every Lego game and this one is our undisputed favorite. It feels like it gives you the most freedom and has the most to do. We like wandering around New York looking for secret levels, gold bricks and new characters to unlock. If you're a fan of Marvel, you'll love it, too. I grew up reading lots of Marvel comics and this game has given a lot of TLC to that whole universe.

The one complaint I have is that I don't like the flying controls. They were better in Lego Batman 2. In this game you press forward with the left stick to make them fly and A or B makes them go up or down, but the response is sluggish. Also, pressing either button twice fast makes you fly super-fast or immediately stop flying and fall. This makes the flying races pretty frustrating.

Aside from that, it's a blast. My only other concern is that the Lego video game franchise may be all downhill from here, because I don't know how they could possibly top this one.
on October 22, 2013
I've loved almost all the LEGO video games, but this might be my favorite yet. LEGO: Marvel has a wide range of characters with unique characteristics and skills, from Spider-Man to Mr. Fantastic to The Incredible Hulk. It's simple but challenging, something that has made the LEGO games so popular with my whole family, and, like most other LEGO games, the replay value is high. There's plenty of humor, but not so much that it slows down the stories or distracts me from the game.

As much as I've loved most LEGO games, none of them could match the entertainment value of the first one I played, LEGO: Batman. LEGO: Marvel is on its way to taking the top spot on my list. Highly recommended.
on June 26, 2016
Bought this as a gift for my husband so we could play something together and we have really loved playing! The lego games just end up being really fun because they are light-hearted and not too difficult. This game has the added bonus of voiced characters who are pretty entertaining, even if the puns start to become groan worthy pretty fast. There are so many characters you get to play and so much replay ability.

My only complaint, which is the same with all Lego games, is the way they do the split screen. I understand that they want us to be able to see the whole screen when the characters are together, but the way it switches around sometimes makes me feel motion sick.

I love that the Lego games are age appropriate versions of things that kids might want to see, but are too young for (Marvel, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc) and it is so great to have a game the whole family can play that doesn't feel incredibly boring to adults.

I highly recommend this game for all ages!
on February 23, 2017
My kids and my husband like the game. Personally I wasn't a fan. I like the older lego games that follow movies and have a purpose to each level. This game just seems unorganized and chaotic to me. However, my husband and kids love the various random things they can do when they play the game and give this game a big thumbs up. My two kids also seem to get along playing the game together while exploring various buildings and areas.
VINE VOICEon May 23, 2014
I love me some Lego! I love me some Marvel too, so this was one of those games I was super excited to get my hands on. What amazes me most about the growing catalog of Lego games is how creative and diverse they are are becoming. The Lego Marvel version has a lot of freeplay options and a great world to explore. I love the fact that you can swing around NYC with Spiderman or smash cars with Hulk. There's a consistent balance of fun, story, exploration, and achievement with these games and this one is no different.

The story isn't super involved, really. Mainly you're just trying to save the world like you would with any super hero. The fact you eventually get to play the good guys and the bad guys and you need all their little skills to complete the game and collect items and you can do it in co-op mode or single player makes the game a bit more exciting. If I had to complain, it's what most people have been saying: the flight mechanics are, and always seem to be with Lego games for some reason, sub-par. Getting to 100% completion is not easy with this game because of some of the races being hard to access easily and hard to complete.

Lego Marvel is definitely one of those games you don't have to worry about the kids loving. Even when they're trying to Hulk Smash each other, it's all in good fun and the brand heritage. There are nods to all kinds of Marvel related products and some Lego related products for the adults to enjoy. And, my personal favorite part: the side missions that Deadpool narrates. They nailed a sarcastic but still kid-friendly version of my all-time fave mutant and made him a (eventually) playable character by connecting him to the red bricks found in various side missions you unlock by collecting gold bricks. Great game that's fun and mostly safe for the whole fam.
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2013
I just wrote up a quick review for another item that I had gotten for wife 2.0's grandson to check out with me: Uncle Milton Wild Walls Amazing Spider Man Web Attack Room Decor, and noted within that review that sometimes it's all about the timing. I had given that set to the grandson to check out and held back a little before giving him this video game to play. I knew well enough that he'd enjoy both items, but also suspected that once he started playing this video game he was going to be lost in that game throughout the weekend. I wasn't wrong at all. If I had given him this video game before he started playing with the wild walls set, he never would have gotten to that set (or at least not until he'd gone home for the weekend, leaving the video game back at our home).

It was heartwarming watching him sit and play and enjoy this game as much as he did. It was obviously immersive for him and seemed to catch him at a perfect age for everything that goes on in the game.

I would note that this grandson has played with Legos for years now, and has played through several of the earlier Lego superhero video games (the Batman series as an example), so the learning curve for him playing this game wasn't steep at all. It was just the latest game in the series as far as he was concerned, and yet, well, it offered him a ton of fun. He went about collecting the in-game Lego currency so he could cash it all in (multiple times) to unlock some of his favorite characters, and by the end of the weekend, sure enough he'd unlocked several of those characters.

Within the game, he was also enjoying the challenge of figuring out the various puzzles as well as determining how he was going to accomplish whatever the next task was that he was supposed to be doing in the game.

Realistically, this game is, in many ways, Grand Theft Auto V for younger gamers. It offered up the ability to drive around, fly around, use special abilities to get around, swim around, etc., to go off and do whatever the next task was, or alternatively, just wander around the world collecting the Lego currency to save up so you can unlock your favorites. The cartoon violence that takes place is relatively tame, though you do see the Lego characters get beaten up, run over, torn apart, etc., as you play. Persons that are sensitive to the thought of letting their children play in such fashion might want to avoid the game, but really there's little to even think of objecting to here.

I would note that the game did freeze a couple of times in a very repeatable fashion. By the end of the weekend the grandson had learned how to reset the Xbox 360 multiple times because of that issue, but also seemed to have learned which part of the game led to the freezing issue. Hopefully that issue will be resolved soon with a patch.

Easily worth the purchase price. Available for most major video game platforms. I'm personally going to be looking forward to the PS4 version when it gets released later. Until then, I'm enjoying watching my wife's grandson get so much enjoyment out of a video game.
on January 2, 2017
Love lego games. Pirates of the Caribbean and indian Jones are my favorites. I like this Marvel game because aside from playing mission you can freeroam the board which I think is really fun. Much different then Indian and the Caribbean.
on July 16, 2014
A very good lego game, the world is massive and my 5 year old loves it.
If your new to Lego games may I suggest starting at Batman Lego the first game and then by newer.
The newer games have better gameplay but the puzzles in the old games are better.

Update 7-20-2014
Must get kids games:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Xbox 360 (3-6 year old, 2 player, easy and fun)
Toy Story 3 The Video Game - Playstation 3 (3-9 year old+, 2 player, FPS for kids)
Rio - Xbox 360 (3-9 year old+, 4 player, 30+ Party games for kids)
Lego Batman (3-7 year old+, 2 player, puzzler, 3rd person shooter)
Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (4-10 year olds, 4 player, fast action w/mini games, pure arcade play)
Rayman Origins - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old, 4 player, arcade side scroll er)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old+, 2 player, huge world, action-adventure, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360 (4-12 year olds, 2 player, nice variety of puzzle-gameplay, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars - Xbox 360 (5-9 year old+, 2 player, RTS game for kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes (5-14 year olds, 2 player, younger players need to play with older player to navigate world, gameplay fan-tastic, low puzzles)
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Xbox 360 (6-14 year olds, 2 player, my son at 5 struggles but can play with heavy guidance from me, fun game, dad approved, low puzzles)
Minecraft - Xbox 360 (6-17 year olds, 2 player (can be large multiplayer) creative gameplay)
Rest of Lego games are all worth playing, if it wasn't for lego games XBOX would be a vast wasteland for kids under age 8. :)
on July 21, 2014
This game entertains on so many levels. For the casual gamer — there is so much to do. After finishing the entire story the game only showed 20% completion. This is certainly a worthwhile use of your money. For the Marvel fan — I've been reading comics for several years, and I was thoroughly impressed with how much this game honors its source material. Over 100 characters (ranging from movie rosters to Squirrel Girl) make this a game which will satisfy all but the pickiest of Marvel fans. For the "hardcore" gamer — come on, it's a LEGO game. Give it a break.

Overall, a great game. Highly recommended.

P.S. I love the detail of the game, particularly as it plays out in people's power sets. Sure, some things don't make sense — but for the most part each character is a fairly faithful representation. For example: all "mind" related powers are shaded purple in the game. Not all characters with "mind" powers, however, can do all purple things. For example, though Emma Frost can mind control various NPCs, she can't move objects via telekinesis. This makes perfect sense for the character, and makes a Marvel fan feel like it's actually worth unlocking all the game has to offer.
on March 24, 2015
Lego games of late have been quite enjoyable. I really like the fact that they keep adding new franchises and ways to play that is fun for all ages.

This time we get to use the massive roster of Marvel Characters. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Dead Pool, Iron Man, Hulk, and many others are present. One of the aspects I like is how diverse the ability set of each character is. In addition to this you can also explore new york as any of the unlockable characters to find new items to unlock and areas to explore.

Each mission features a wide variety of marvel heroes and villains to include classic pairings from multiple series.

Boss fights are fun and unique as is common in most LEGO games. It is fun to play by yourself or locally with a friend through a variety of stages that seem well thought out. The graphics are also pretty nice and represent each character well. The voice acting is really good as well. They seemed to have used the actors who play them in animated series and others to voice them. Music is quite nice too.

Overall it is still the same LEGO game formula of going through a stage, often multiple times to find all the unlockables with different characters and use each characters unique abilities to solve puzzles in order to progress. It is quite fun and I enjoy that I can play with Marvel Characters.

Positives:

+ Beautiful Design
+ Wide and unique roster of characters
+ Well thought out levels
+ Same great staples of LEGO games.

Negatives:

- While unique, it is still roughly the game I have played again in a different skin.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.